Replace the round window of a wood stove

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/12/15, 17:25

plasmanu wrote:I would gladly pour my preparation directly on the stones mounted, posed. It will allow me to better adjust, they are not all identical.

SEEN but think about the grip test ... (?)
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 03/12/15, 06:54

wow
the furious stuff
I'm still not on basalt casting.
I'm looking for the big diamond disc for the makita in 400mm
http://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Promotion ... 34201.html
I found 92 €
ImageImage

I took this one in Germany at 31.50 € to start in 350mm
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Lame-Diamant-350 ... XQuCdTjK-A
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/12/15, 09:38

I suddenly have a doubt:
1) when they cut they have a trickle of water which cools the blade, right?
2) is there not a risk that it will split when cutting?
3) how to cut a round section with a blade made to cut straight? Image
4) you can also go around the bricos to see if you can not find a section of decorative stone already cut, it must exist? Because to find it in nature, it is necessary to cut in the 3 axes, that will make you at least a cut in the edge to make a very flat solid (and there it is not sure that your piece does not leave in burst of to laugh).
5) you also need to find out about a cemetery in a city, they cut tombstones, maybe you would find your happiness there, they have falls? Can they do the job for you? Tell you if it's possible or not and how to do it?

Or maybe you could use naked plasma? : Mrgreen:
You do not have a construction company that cuts stone, because that one I do not feel it ... Big job for not much whereas for some it would be a story of routine, they are equipped for? And then buy such a saw just for a cut or have a tool not quite suitable for your job ...?
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 03/12/15, 10:03

I have a wine tank to finish cutting. To open a door.
Obviously you need water galore.

I went to Stihl this morning.
ask for a diamond chain for my chainsaw.
It is forbidden to the general public: it is good to open the safes.
It's good to know that it exists ... : Mrgreen: it gives ideas : Idea:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/12/15, 11:22

The plasma lance, yes : Cheesy:
I also want to buy a house with a beautiful view >>> and not that it costs me too much eh, at the expense of the taxpayer for example (and in both cases)! >>> otherwise if you don't agree with one or the other, there's the Méditerr-Al-Daech club (under the benevolent patronage of club members >>> and there is even a "green" number for complaints >>> they offer you a one-way plane ticket) there are even reality TV-style training camps with the option of handling kalash, stinger and chainsaw massacre ... (very "hyping"and in the"trends"at the moment: wearing Nike, iPhone and Gucci T-shirt required ...) Jawad's girlfriend is coming back >>>
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 03/12/15, 11:54

I had a kalach ... 22 long-rifle, Italian replica with silencer 30 ammunition and the semi-auto, passed on to my cousin at my 19 years against a honda 125 XR: that's cool.

And yes the plasma cutter (the sweet dream approaching), laser, even water if there is at least 250bar: I add sand and not even need hot water, just a good ruby ​​nozzle .

I have to make it for the not beautiful at 2600 € HT to make it super beautiful at 4300 € HT, it lacks the large soap stones on the sides 1750mm in one piece.
As there are three holes: we can make 3 elements, as on the HETA scan-line.
The stone placed on it is not one of the two stoves, it is thinner but also long and wide. And I do not have the sheets which end the rounding if there are not the soils.

And then this very heavy thing that goes at the top of the stove. A cone cut, since the pipe goes through it.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 03/12/15, 13:25

Small tour of the cellar.
I have a straw yellow, super soft gard stone insert cladding
and gray open hearth marble cladding, pile at the right height width when cut in half

It's 1350mm tall and I need 1370mm
it's 325mm wide and I need a mini 160mm minus the cutting line: it's the top.
I'm not even going to drill but clip over.

When I think that there are some who took me for a moron to buy an unknown stove broken at 90 € : Mrgreen: well done not to play lotto on Friday the 13th, ME : Mrgreen: I have the 2 numbers twice on this shot.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/12/15, 17:11

What about refractory concrete?

You already have a block with the right dimensions to make a mold (shape of the metal or existing blocks),
Once the mold is finished in wood, (or by using your metal shapes with newspaper so that it does not adhere and held securely, for example for the top: in any case it's easy to mimic the shape) you go there your refractory concrete! (The prettier the finish of the mold, the prettier the end result). You have to do this on a base that is "level" (take a spirit level so that it is flat in both axes: length / width).

As it is behind or above, neither seen nor known! (Please note that this is refractory concrete and not an assembly mortar as seen above). As you have several pieces to do as I understand, it will simplify the process in one operation "one shot".

Proportionate recipe:
- 2,5 kg of molten cement (black cement).
- 6 liters of pozzolana (made of 1/3 sand & 2/3 gravel)
==> there is also refractory gravel called chamotte (but you need the sand "which goes well" with, proportions ditto).
- 1 liter of water approximately (not distilled or harvested from a roof eh, from the river it's better, the minerals it contains will prime).

You have to pour the water while mixing, until you get a dough of good consistency rather firmer than liquid (like a firm polenta when it is at the end of cooking and it has set well). Do not hesitate to stir the mass well in all directions vigorously (on construction sites they use pervibrators) be careful to work quickly enough, the cement can take suddenly. Finish: smooth the top once poured, with a pshitt of water to moisten the surface, or / and disgorging the top if the formwork is flush with a smooth metal or wood slat.

Starting with the part of the top that is missing. A mold is easier to make than going to fish the lepôa of the keuban! ^^

Be careful that the concrete will shrink very slightly as it dries, but probably not noticeable over a small area. Plan how to do the formwork ...

Lo and behold, isn't life beautiful?
Last edited by Obamot the 03 / 12 / 15, 17: 41, 1 edited once.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 03/12/15, 17:38

Yes.
I already used annealed black cement for my insert at the time.
And as we make concrete with cement + stones
I can sink my big refractory bricks into the mold

It is the HETA accumulator, but the pipe is identical, the shape also
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/12/15, 17:53

You do what you want... Image 8)

The chemistry of concrete (and in particular that of refractory concrete) is played out thanks to mineralized water, the binder (cement) the different gravel sizes (to be seen as a continuum of the mineralization of water and cement. .), to arrive at all of this "semolina", which implemented and brewed simultaneously creates a fairly violent chemical-physical reaction ...
And even "atomic reaction" since it releases a radioactive gas (radon) ... it's "real" cold fusion Image
(As said above, to assemble bricks or pebbles we make a mortar, it's not the same song).

So be careful, your implementation, I see a problem. If you want to tweak, rather take gravel of different particle sizes (another 1/3 of the end for 2/3 at least fine ... as for the proportion of gravel), but no pebbles, nor a refractory brick in it : in question the coefs of different expansions / retractions between them according to the type of materials / type of stones VS mass of the concrete .. that is likely to fart at the joints ...! So a single homogeneous block would seem better to me. Anyway the cement is in a bag, so you can't grease on the quantity, you have to use it.

Last point, the cement does not keep, it must be bought and used as soon as possible to benefit from its best performance / resistance in mixing (and short dry storage if necessary). So if you have other work to do, you should take advantage of it on the left to the right (a staircase to go down to the garden, a post to be sealed, a repair of masonry or what not I must not hesitate), after it is fucked up after a while! (It takes a couple of months to the top and dry, 3 or 4 months in paper bags put in plastic bags, after: it loses its resistance and there it is screwed up, until hardening by itself) The setting is also longer in cold weather: it is a chance for DIY enthusiasts, we can work it longer, if it heats up during setting, this is completely normal!
Sometimes he smokes ... Image
0 x