Renovation veranda WISCONA

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
rodolphedj
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Renovation veranda WISCONA

by rodolphedj » 07/01/14, 10:49

Hello,

I just bought a house and having a veranda to renovate, I take this opportunity to create a new subject and get your help (personalized).

first of all thank you for this forum and to contributors, I have already spent a few hours browsing through old topics.

my goals :
1 / maximum roof brightness (for nearby rooms)
=> replace the roof with new transparent PMMA or transparent PC boards?

2 / keep the seasonal use of this veranda
=> I will not sleep in it, I have a heat pump which serves as heating in this room and it is very efficient. on the other hand, once stopped the temperature drops very quickly

3 / insulation / slight improvement in area leaks.
=> I see the light in a few places, I thought to use silicone or acrylic sealant.

Here are the photos.
The supplier of this veranda is WISCONA, it is made of aluminum and double glazing. no more information. the roof appears to be of alveolar polycarbonate. and he suffered well.

above, there are adjustable fins. and I find this system EXCELLENT in case of rain, storms and too strong sun.
the exposure is SOUTH.

Last edited by rodolphedj the 07 / 01 / 14, 10: 57, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/01/14, 10:54

Welcome here,

Small technical detail: can you put your photos on our image host?

Link: "Insert an image or a file on the forum, click here. "at the bottom of the edit window?

In addition it will appear larger on the forum.

Thank you
Last edited by Christophe the 07 / 01 / 14, 11: 12, 1 edited once.
0 x
rodolphedj
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by rodolphedj » 07/01/14, 10:58

it's corrected
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/01/14, 11:11

Super!

I had never seen adjustable fins on a veranda: it is in fact an external blind. Very good thing!

I understand its usefulness against overheating ... against rain or storm I do not see? Ah to protect the veranda or to reduce the noise can be?

For your improvement tracks, with aluminum chassis there is unfortunately not much to do thermally. You have already given the principles to apply.

For the roof, I do not recommend putting a transparent polycarbonate, stay in opal / translucent if you want to change it because the dirt will quickly accumulate on the roof.

Possibly you can double the roof (false translucent ceiling, in this case you could pass in transparent polycarbonate to gain a little brightness) to improve thermal comfort.

I renovated a greenhouse a few years ago and the roof became dirty in a few months. Here is the corresponding subject (in terms of materials it is more a veranda than a greenhouse now): https://www.econologie.com/forums/renovation ... t7461.html

Do not hesitate to do a search: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php ou https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php

Because there are other topics on the renovation of verandas that could give you other ideas ...
0 x
rodolphedj
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by rodolphedj » 07/01/14, 11:30

thank you Christophe for your answer and your advice.
and well done for your renovation.

It's a shame not to be able to envisage a transparent roof. I listen to your advice. But in winter, I find the contribution of low luminosity with the current plates.
Especially with the concrete roof terrace in the first part, it does not help for the light supply of the living rooms of the house.

I understand its usefulness against overheating ... against rain or storm I do not see? Ah to protect the veranda or to reduce the noise can be?

in case of rain, for noise, yes.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/01/14, 11:40

Goods.

For the transparent roof you can always try but it will have to be cleaned more regularly ... and not easy with the blind.

I recommend the solution of the translucent false ceiling and in this case possibly pass the transparent roof, ideally glass (if you have the budget).

Otherwise, a "crazy" solution, why not consider placing a solar deflector?

We talked about it a lot here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/maison-dou ... t7157.html

Otherwise, keep in mind that heating (thousands of watts) costs much more than lighting (tens of watts).

So we have to think more about thermal optimization than about lighting. You follow me?
0 x
rodolphedj
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by rodolphedj » 07/01/14, 11:48

I recommend the solution of the translucent false ceiling and in this case possibly pass the transparent roof, ideally glass (if you have the budget).

I follow you, but my goal is not to isolate, it is + the brightness.
therefore not leaving for a false ceiling.

I had considered glass at the beginning, but the structure should not allow this.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/01/14, 12:01

If you want to easily gain in brightness ... you can choose to delete the blind ... but you will obviously lose the advantages it brings ...

I think you can adapt glass on your aluminum structure without problem ...
0 x
rodolphedj
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by rodolphedj » 07/01/14, 12:06

ok, i will bring a pro to find out if we can install glass and know the price.
0 x