Control, room sensor? thermo faucets?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 19/03/10, 09:26

In the case of KvonMurphy, its ground floor is completely open and seems quite large so certainly several radiators equipped with thermostatic valves.

It seems difficult to me with a room sensor to be more efficient (comfort + economy) than with thermostatic valves because in a large room the temperature is not uniform and its feeling even less.

Thanks to the information provided by swift2540 on the room sensor, it seems to me possible to couple it with thermostatic valves subject to finding the correct setting of the assembly so that we heat strongly until the time or overall the valves close more or less and then be on the fractional operating range until the complete stop when the valves are all closed.
0 x
To argue.
KvonMurphy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by KvonMurphy » 19/03/10, 10:25

Good remark from Aumicron: the ground floor is actually a single large room (apart from a small bedroom, the bathroom, the staircase). The large living room is half the surface, and no wall with the kitchen.

Three radiators (not very large), two in the living room, one in the center in the corridor. It would lack a TV side, north face, or more simply enlarge the one in the center of the living room, we will see for use next winter.

Where to place the room sensor? Not too far from this TV side, towards the center, out of the line of sight of the radiators and windows to the south?

If I understood correctly, on the ground floor, we could couple thermostats and room sensors, with thermostats at bottom in general, except occasional clipping in part of the living room?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/03/10, 13:28

Yes !
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
KvonMurphy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by KvonMurphy » 19/03/10, 14:46

Ah yes, another factor: the upstairs bathroom. Obviously the same circuit as the rooms. This breaks the logic of a separate and cooler "rooms" circuit.

Although we wonder if the electric towel dryer with blower would not be an acceptable and punctual compromise (especially in mid-season not to keep the heating for this bathroom).
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/03/10, 18:05

yes and no: you start at 5 or 6 am, you cut at 8: the bathroom is only used when the inhabitants are there.
There is nothing to prevent oversizing the bathroom radiator so that it heats up faster.
The fan heater is not very pleasant when you are naked and wet, I prefer the convector. By cons the radiant in addition to its supporters (including me, experience)
Do your math: kWh oil or gas is much cheaper than electric, so in winter, it seems preferable to provide the "base" for heating the bathroom
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 20/03/10, 01:31

KvonMurphy wrote:Where to place the room sensor? Not too far from this TV side, towards the center, out of the line of sight of the radiators and windows to the south?

1.50m above the ground, on an interior wall (or partition), not influenced by a heat source
0 x
Sometimes it is better to stop, reflect, and ask the right questions ...
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 20/03/10, 01:46

elephant wrote:while looking for prices for the CM907 (on average 130 euros, public price), I came across a pretty nice product: the CM67Z from the same honeywell, which sends orders wirelessly to thermostatic heads and this, for a pretty nice price, which allows to regulate the rooms without pulling cables everywhere.

In Belgium, the CM67Z is no longer sold; replaced by the evotouch system.
But the price is much less attractive : Evil:
€ 299 TA
105 € the thermostatic head
Public price Htva : Cry: : Cry: : Cry:
0 x
Sometimes it is better to stop, reflect, and ask the right questions ...
Did67

by Did67 » 20/03/10, 11:10

A little absent, I just read the series of posts:

1) As often in life, there is not "THE" solution. There are solutions with advantages and disadvantages ... To adapt to your case.

2) To Swift: a) not being in the business, having just thought and observed, I admit being a little "flattered" ... b) of course, my comments on the room sensor "adjusting" the curve heating is only valid if the probe acts on the control (which is the case with Okofen; there is even the possibility of two probes each acting on a circuit, the basic control being able to manage two different circuits + DHW circuit) . So, a good regulator will determine the situations where there is no need for heating and also stops the circulator (which is also controlled by the regulator - in the case of pellet boilers, i: perative so as not to have any feedback too cold and condensation; therefore possibility for the controller to stop the circulator while the boiler temperature rises) ...

3) Compared to the bathroom: the regulation defines the water temp in the circuit, which leads to a correct room temp in each room provided that the radiators have a suitable power AND that there is a balance flow rates between radiators. We don't say it enough.

So yes, you can overheat a bathroom even with a regulated circuit quite simply by putting an oversized radiator (or two radiators - for example, I add a towel radiator in my bathroom heated by underfloor heating; it will only be very warm , but will bring a few more calories and above all, my towels will be "lukewarm"; I will say it right away: this is not "profitable" - it is a luxury).
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 20/03/10, 13:51

I add my little grain of pellets ...
At my outdoor sensor and room sensor, the thermostatic valves existed before the boiler change, except where the room sensor is located.
In the living rooms used continuously the taps are fully open: temperature given by the regulator, fairly well chosen water law, I think.
On the other hand, using RTs, why heat an office at 19 ° 5 24/24? And the bedrooms..16 ° it's perfect; the rooms facing south are settled with the RT as solar gains.
In short, this system suits me, I'm lucky, the old radiators were oversized, so you can also choose the T in the bathroom morning and evening.

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
KvonMurphy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by KvonMurphy » 21/03/10, 22:29

Thank you again for your good comments.

So no obstacle to two circuits if the layout of the cellar allows it. On the other hand I believe that we will complete with an electric towel dryer with blower for mid-season (but in winter we will keep the radiator).

And indeed, as Did67 says, it is not a question of profitability but of comfort! (After all it is first made to live, a house!)
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."