Room by room regulation (for a school)

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
pef
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Room by room regulation (for a school)

by pef » 26/11/19, 08:48

Hello,
so I come here for a question not necessarily obvious.

I have to properly manage the heating of a school very badly insulated, class by class, two old oil boiler in parallel, there are two circuits of water that feed the two wings of the school.
No external probe that manages the water t ° necessarily (it is managed manually according to the external t °)

The trouble is that for the moment, each circuit is controlled by two thermostat (one per wing) necessarily placed in a class ... Aberrant I know.
There are also thermostatic valves on each radiator, accessible to kids who do not care: joy :.

So I come to what I thought.

In the end not very complicated, look for a differential thermostat that would manage the t ° of the water depending on the external t ° (put in series on the original thermostat on the boilers that would be fixed at the high t °).
Ha yes, two boilers in //, and therefore a thermostat by boiler that do not necessarily start at the same time ... logical what [IMG]

Pull both thermostat in place and set one thermostat per class, which would control thermovannes (electric valve) of this type
https://i.imgur.com/lAD3mvV.png

These thermovannes controlled by a PIR thermostat https://i.imgur.com/8IJk3i1.png connected to a programmer, I have a doubt when using the device by the institts ...
either a "standard programmable" thermostat which could be controlled remotely via a GSM app (by myself or the director or other ...)
It will be DIY, in case of failure it could put the souk, but in the state of things we are a little stuck (no budget to redo everything from scratch).

I forgot to specify, the insulation is disastrous, we still have wooden frames that are 50 years old with single glazing, instits / kids who leave the doors open during recess / noon, not to mention forgetting to switch to mode "standby" sometimes just a night or a whole weekend (like this weekend, consumption of 140 liters of fuel oil between Friday 16 pm and Monday morning 8:30 am).

I would like to specify that I am in Belgium (the school also so), one that standard level one is just related to the boiler room, which is in a room outside the building, level regulation one is very free to do what the we want.

ps: I posted on others forum, not that I doubt in your abilities, on the contrary (that's why I came here first) but there are always more ideas in X heads than in one.

Thank you in advance.
0 x
Maxime Shadock: With a staircase planned for the climb, we often manage to climb lower than we would have descended with a staircase planned for the descent ...