Reduced temperature inoperative on Okofen's Easypell

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
tanner52
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Reduced temperature inoperative on Okofen's Easypell

by tanner52 » 13/03/22, 17:01

Hello,

We have an Easypell boiler - recommended and installed by installer - since October 2020: this is therefore its 2nd winter.
She replaced a gas boiler, heating expenses issue, we have a real gain.
Ambient temperature: no worries, asked for 20, we have ≃ 20,5°.
Reduced temperature requested 18, always ≃ 20,5 found which is incompatible with my concern to be energy efficient and very uncomfortable for the nights.

For the installer (after various interventions including changing the thermostatic probe and new curves), everything is OK.

As the problem persists, I am doing tests, I would like the technician to finally consider my remark as a reality and not a figment of the imagination.

For more than a week, I have reduced the ambient period (20°) to 3 hours, from 7 am to 10 am.
The t° reduced to 18° is therefore programmed in theory over 21 consecutive hours.
Result: no change: it is still ≃ 20,5 in the evening or at night (I even took a reading of 21° at 2 am).
I don't know if that's enough of a test to convince him?

Since this morning, I programmed the ambient T° at 18° like the reduced one, the t° has dropped by half a degree and has not moved for several hours. I'm going to keep this setting until tomorrow to see 24 hours?

What do you think ?
Is there a problem? Can this be corrected?
Suggestions for other (simple) tests? Explinations ?

Thank you for reading me
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: reduced temperature not working on Okofen's Easypell

by sicetaitsimple » 13/03/22, 17:31

Weird....Communication problem between the remote control and the boiler?
And if you put to test the "reduced temperature" for example at 15°C instead of 18, does that change anything?
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 13/03/22, 17:45

It's quite recurrent here as a subject, see already here heating-insulation / tuning-curve-to-heater-boiler OKOFEN-t14236.html

It's like any boiler, you must first adjust the water law by deactivating the room thermostat, with the thermostatic valves fully open. The room thermostat is not essential, I do not have one.
Last edited by izentrop the 13 / 03 / 22, 17: 55, 1 edited once.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/03/22, 17:54

izentrop wrote:It's quite recurrent here as a subject, see already here heating-insulation / tuning-curve-to-heater-boiler OKOFEN-t14236.html

It's true, there are quite a few topics related to problems with pellet boilers, but here it seems a little different, it seems to be heating correctly (at least it seems to be) but the boiler "refuses" to let the room temperature drop as programmed.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 13/03/22, 17:59

sicetaitsimple wrote: the boiler "refuses" to let the room temperature drop as programmed.
The external sensor which acts, this is why it is first necessary to take care of the "water law" which it is rather necessary to regulate in cold period.
0 x
tanner52
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tanner52 » 13/03/22, 18:01

Thank you for your interest !

I tried 17° recently, but it's probably not enough of a difference (I had gone down to 15, several weeks ago, but that was when the probe was not reliable, that's not changed nothing).
I will try again tomorrow at 15 after my test at 18° on 24/24 to be sure.

We do not have a remote control (I was expecting it, but it seems that it no longer works, Okofen would be unable to provide the USB key that is suitable today?), the settings are made on the touch screen next to Boiler.
0 x
tanner52
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tanner52 » 13/03/22, 18:09

Isentrop:
We no longer have a room thermostat like we had before with the gas boiler in the main room (but maybe I didn't understand the meaning of your question?).

Afterwards, I don't want to intervene in the "fine" settings as you know how to do, I don't understand anything about it and 'delegate' this power to the heating engineer, the cost of such a boiler is not trivial, the seller has - I believe - an obligation of result.
What interests me for the moment is to highlight the problem so that the repairer takes it - finally - in charge.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Reduced temperature not working on Okofen's Easypell

by izentrop » 13/03/22, 18:43

I have an air/water heat pump like you without a room thermostat and hot water production is not managed by the boiler.

The programming of the water law is done in the user menu at home, there are only 2 points to adjust.
At the top of France and low temperature circuit:
- Outside temperature: 10 to -15°
- Departure hot water circuit: 27 to 45° ... not exceeded 36° by -10 this year.

Hourly programming, I lower the set temperature by -3° at night.
The thermostatic taps are turned down in the bedrooms.

It all depends on the degree of insulation of the house, for not finished in certain rooms.
0 x
tanner52
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Reduced temperature not working on Okofen's Easypell

by tanner52 » 13/03/22, 19:46

Insulation:
The house is very old (1850), walls of 60, insulation walls inside and double glazing 40 years ago, under the roof redone 5 years ago, under the slab of the ground floor (garden level buried on 2 sides), 2 years ago (in the standards).
The thermostatic taps are also lowered in the bedrooms or even closed: it's even qd 20 upstairs.
I live in the East of France.

But quite frankly, I don't see myself ignoring the installer's instructions "(you set the day/reduced temperature and the time slots, the rest is my job).
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/03/22, 20:36

tanner52 wrote:Isentrop:
We no longer have a room thermostat as we had before with the gas boiler in the main room

I have a little trouble understanding how one can want to "finely" regulate an interior temperature (of the type 20° during the day and 18° at night) without having an interior sensor..... That is beyond me. All the more so in mid-season when the solar gain but also the outside temperatures can vary greatly from one day to the next.
1 x