Reduced temperature inoperative on Okofen's Easypell

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
tanner52
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Reduced temperature not working on Okofen's Easypell

by tanner52 » 31/03/22, 16:08

Christophe wrote:
Thank you for using the image host of the forum (PJ function) ... I corrected for this last message

Sorry, I had searched - obviously not enough - and not found.
It's OK for me now.
1 x
tanner52
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tanner52 » 06/04/22, 17:56

IMG_5978.jpg
IMG_5978.jpg (224.49 KB) Viewed times 2785

IMG_5977.jpg
IMG_5977.jpg (225.52 KB) Viewed times 2785

does that speak to you better?
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 07/04/22, 08:36

Yes and no, I wanted to know if by pressing on different places of the graph showing the outside temperature you had access (like on the Okofen regulations) to more curves.

There you are in the weather law menu, which is different.

I recap what I learned and what I think:

tanner52 wrote:Isentrop:
We no longer have a room thermostat like we had before with the gas boiler in the main room (but maybe I didn't understand the meaning of your question?).

Afterwards, I don't want to intervene in the "fine" settings as you know how to do, I don't understand anything about it and 'delegate' this power to the heating engineer, the cost of such a boiler is not trivial, the seller has - I believe - an obligation of result.
What interests me for the moment is to highlight the problem so that the repairer takes it - finally - in charge.

1/ Without a room thermostat, the regulation does not know whether the desired temperature has been reached or not.
In this case, the circulator operates continuously and the regulation only adapts the temperature sent to the heating circuit according to the adjustment of the water law and the outside temperature.
To make your home lose 2,5 degrees at night - especially if the insulation is correct - simply lowering 20,5 -> 18 is not enough since the water continues to circulate H24.
The circulator needs to be interrupted to cause the drop, and in general at night the boiler can be shut down for several hours while respecting your minimum 18°C.

2/ The water law seems to me much too strong (1,3) and the minimum temperature sent too high (30°C). Whether it is 2°, 10° or 18° outside, the water will ALWAYS circulate with a minimum of 30° in the heating circuit day and night.

Did you get Okofen's response regarding the connectivity of your boiler?
1 x
tanner52
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tanner52 » 07/04/22, 09:39

Hello Pilpoil, thank you for your intervention. I agree with your reasoning.

Okofen hadn't really answered me, it was the USB key that interested me, he was talking to me about an RJ45 type internet cable, which I already know.
and… "please contact your installer."
Follow-up from me and a zero response from a salesperson who is worried if a collaborator has made contact to carry out my projects!
It's all hopeless.

Our insulation: following a bad handling I stopped the boiler around 17 p.m. one afternoon. The next day around 8 a.m., it was 18° (ext. temperature around 2°). Maybe that can give you an idea?

The heating engineer had told me that stopping the boiler at night is counterproductive in terms of consumption.

The installation of a thermostatic probe (not a thermostat) was proposed to me but as it was thrown at me as a threat (like that I will have peace), I do not know if it is wise, my n° 1 concern today being not to waste pellets unnecessarily.
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 07/04/22, 21:47

tanner52 wrote:Hello Pilpoil, thank you for your intervention. I agree with your reasoning.

Okofen hadn't really answered me, it was the USB key that interested me, he was talking to me about an RJ45 type internet cable, which I already know.
and… "please contact your installer."
Follow-up from me and a zero response from a salesperson who is worried if a collaborator has made contact to carry out my projects!
It's all hopeless.

Our insulation: following a bad handling I stopped the boiler around 17 p.m. one afternoon. The next day around 8 a.m., it was 18° (ext. temperature around 2°). Maybe that can give you an idea?

The heating engineer had told me that stopping the boiler at night is counterproductive in terms of consumption.

The installation of a thermostatic probe (not a thermostat) was proposed to me but as it was thrown at me as a threat (like that I will have peace), I do not know if it is wise, my n° 1 concern today being not to waste pellets unnecessarily.

I prefer to keep my thoughts about the sales department and some Okofen technicians silent, apart from the hopeless term…
For such a brand... : Cry:

So if for your heating engineer stopping a boiler at night for 6/8 hours is useless, what use does he find in heating beyond what you consider necessary during reduced periods?
Ditto for the circulator, is it wise for it to work 24 hours a day when you have noticed for yourself that in 15 hours of stopping (by 2°C outside) you finally lose the 2,5°C you want to lose.
This is where your pellets go, in calories burned unnecessarily at night when your boiler could probably be off for well over 8 hours in a row.

If it offers you the Okofen thermostatic probe (configurable from the touch screen) in my opinion it is to be installed.

71237095-CDC0-4180-B33B-6C98E5BA04EE.jpeg
71237095-CDC0-4180-B33B-6C98E5BA04EE.jpeg (56.44 KiB) Accessed 2707 times

He will defend his position, he is the pro (hum hum). It's up to you to choose, I'm only giving you my opinion, but its installation must correspond to what the customer wants.
Being hot is good, being too hot without a logical and economical solution is much less so!
1 x
tanner52
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tanner52 » 08/04/22, 10:19

Your answer delights me dear Pilpoil!

I'm furious at having made a rather green choice and at not being able to follow the usual recommendations in terms of energy sobriety.
I've been furious from the start at not being able to make this annoyed heating engineer hear this: who was I (a woman so I don't understand anything and it was clearly said) to question the merits of his installation, he who wanted to prove to me that technically he had done things right and that the boiler reacted perfectly to the instructions (in theory certainly, but in practice?)
And I'm soft... our last exchange was stormy, insulting, to the point where I'm having trouble reconnecting. This is why I am appealing to you to confirm the legitimacy of my request and to know how to direct things.

I am ready to supplement with the probe if this is the solution, any approximate idea of ​​the cost?
Normally the night (and day) t° are anticipated by the boiler to reach the correct number at the programmed times, it seems to me incompatible with the sensor which takes over from the heating controls as the temperatures change. t° (I don't know if I'm clear)?
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 08/04/22, 19:00

tanner52 wrote:Your answer delights me dear Pilpoil!

I'm furious at having made a rather green choice and at not being able to follow the usual recommendations in terms of energy sobriety.
I've been furious from the start at not being able to make this annoyed heating engineer hear this: who was I (a woman so I don't understand anything and it was clearly said) to question the merits of his installation, he who wanted to prove to me that technically he had done things right and that the boiler reacted perfectly to the instructions (in theory certainly, but in practice?)
And I'm soft... our last exchange was stormy, insulting, to the point where I'm having trouble reconnecting. This is why I am appealing to you to confirm the legitimacy of my request and to know how to direct things.

I am ready to supplement with the probe if this is the solution, any approximate idea of ​​the cost?
Normally the night (and day) t° are anticipated by the boiler to reach the correct number at the programmed times, it seems to me incompatible with the sensor which takes over from the heating controls as the temperatures change. t° (I don't know if I'm clear)?

I'm just an Okofen user and had to learn on my own due to the total lack of help once the system was installed...
The legitimacy of your installation is the satisfaction of its user above all and in the ideal of any purchase this should be the case in my opinion.
In 2017, the Okofen thermostatic sensor was billed at €120 without installation (this model is wired only).

For the temperature anticipation, it is adjustable by the user at Okofen, on Easypell I do not know the accessible menus at length.
Please note that under no circumstances will the boiler be able to anticipate the change from comfort temperature to reduced temperature; it is only reduced to ranges configured by the user.
The interior sensor is used to refine the interior temperature (and try to maintain its consistency) throughout the day, programming and external heat sources (sun beating on bay windows, the oven in the kitchen, friends at the table , …)
If it detects that it is not hot enough, it tells the regulator to increase the temperature of the circulating water; conversely, it can request less hot water if the interior temperature exceeds the setpoint. And if it exceeds the setpoint too much, it simply interrupts the circulation of the network.

Everything can be adjusted very finely at Okofen, provided you know what all the menus and settings correspond to.
I voluntarily skip over the training of certain heating engineers in the field…

Do you have at least the documents allowing you to adjust the user parameters in an understandable way?
If so, you can currently cheat to turn off the heating at night by adjusting the "heating limit temperature in reduced mode" value and the reduced time slots.
0 x
tanner52
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tanner52 » 24/04/22, 18:35

I asked for a quote for the probe…

Bad surprise today, cold radiators, the boiler no longer heats the water.
After verification: the ash drawer is overflowing with unused pellets.
Our heating engineer tells us that we have to clean the combustion plate... (get down to ground level, contort yourself and dismantle the thing with 70 brooms... Emptying the ashtray, it's still in our ropes (and we were aware of this obligation).
Is that part of normal maintenance? Last year no worries of this order. Why today? The pellets are from the same origin as last year.
I guess you have to have an ash vacuum to do this properly and not mess up your "normal" vacuum?
0 x
tanner52
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tanner52 » 09/09/22, 10:12

Pilpoil
If it offers you the Okofen thermostatic probe (configurable from the touch screen) in my opinion it is to be installed.

This is what he has just ended up doing after a quote request reminder.
The surprise comes from the asking price of €485 including tax.
I did a little research, I found a 2021/22 OKOFEN price list that lists this probe at €132 excluding tax and offers it at €231.
Can we imagine such an increase at the end of 2022 on this option or he turns me on because he is not happy?

Can I call on any heating engineer to install this probe or should this be reserved for an Okofen installer?

Thank you for your answers.
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 18/11/22, 09:55

Hello,

Without being able to be sure of the current prices (only an approved Okofen center in the region you depend on can give you the particular price), they have increased a lot lately.

The connection does not require specific Okofen knowledge because it is wired, you just have to know how to configure it in the Touch interface...
1 x