Reduced temperature inoperative on Okofen's Easypell

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Reduced temperature not working on Okofen's Easypell

by izentrop » 13/03/22, 22:25

Well, that suits me. The temperature oscillates between 19 and 20 in the kitchen and the room, a little more when I light the wood stove.
In the dining room/living room, I kept the 4 original radiators (non-insulated farmhouse), to operate at low temperature after insulation.
0 x
tanner52
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tanner52 » 14/03/22, 10:17

it was simple:

I did not express myself well: by "fine adjustments" I meant modifications of the curves, i.e. all the adjustments outside the time slots and desired temperatures (day and night).
FYI, the daytime temperature is very stable (20,5°) despite the variations in outside temperature (except when there is solar gain where I will gain a degree in the afternoon).

test result yesterday: when we ask for 18° (test over 23 hours in a row), we have 20°.

I am doing a 20° day and 15° night programming test as you suggested.
In your opinion, if it were operational, how many hours would it take to go down to 15°?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 14/03/22, 11:24

tanner52 wrote:Insulation:
The house is very old (1850), walls of 60, interior wall insulation and double glazing 40 years ago, under the roof redone 5 years ago, under the ground floor slab (ground floor buried on 2 sides), 2 years ago (in standards).
The thermostatic taps are also lowered in the bedrooms or even closed: it's even qd 20 upstairs.
I live in the East of France.

But quite frankly, I don't see myself ignoring the installer's instructions "(you set the day/reduced temperature and the time slots, the rest is my job).
Underfloor heating or radiators, because insulating on the inside loses the thermal buffer of the walls?
0 x
tanner52
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tanner52 » 14/03/22, 11:59

I know the insulation inside isn't great, but apart from the fact that 40 years ago we didn't think like we do now in terms of insulation, it was important to keep the character of this old house (an old Tannery), not sure that we would be allowed to do so, we are in a classified area.

So we make do with it, it's not really the annual consumption that bothers us (3,5 tons for 130 m2) but rather the impression of a waste of heating at night (in addition to the discomfort). I imagine that with an 18 manpower at night, we should be able to go down a bit.
0 x
tanner52
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tanner52 » 15/03/22, 21:10

A little recap of my temperature readings *

--- programmed - obtained
---------------------------------------------
jour ---- 20 ---- 20,5
night ---- 18 ---- 20,5
jour ---- 18 ---- 20
night ---- 18 ---- 20
jour ---- 20 ---- 20
night ---- 15 ---- 19,5

* day period reduced to 3 hours to better appreciate changes in reduced T°):
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 15/03/22, 21:37

All you have to do is put these readings (especially the last one) under the nose of your heating engineer.
You can maybe even do a test at 15°C all day to see.
1 x
tanner52
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tanner52 » 16/03/22, 19:43

Long and stormy exchange with the heating engineer…
"The 20,5 at night is a feeling and not a reality, or the house is super insulated so the temperature does not drop overnight, the thermometers are not reliable, I know my job, etc. "
It's not easy to be heard - on your land - by a craftsman sure of your art when you're a woman!
Let's be clear, I never suggested that he was doing his job badly, I just pretend to be taken seriously when I say that it is not 18° at night.

If I understand correctly the regulation based on the outdoor temperatures is effective (in terms of consumption/yield), and the heating curve established for the day should also be suitable for the night, but it would be - in our case - after its adjustment possibilities (but everywhere else it works, people are happy).
I want him to say that OKOFEN should only offer fine tuning at night if their hardware does not allow it, he will not tell me, he stops at the fact that when he asks for 18, the boiler reacts, so it works perfectly. He does not want to admit (hear?) that the 18 is not effective.

My T° reading proves him right since;
20/18 - > 20,5
20/15 - > 19,5
There is a drop in heat
He suggests I test 20/12 to see what happens. What I am going to do.

Only solution for him (this should make you happy sicetaitsimple
install a room sensor which will correct the night curve downwards to obtain 18
(and at the same time will react in the event of the sun heating the facade).

There is a whole stock of room sensors, if I understood correctly, delivered with the boilers, to be installed as an option.

So let's say that without a room sensor it works everywhere except at home but that - you never know - they produced a lot of sensors to go with it.

This is undoubtedly the solution.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/03/22, 21:12

tanner52 wrote:Only solution for him (this should make you happy sicetaitsimple
install a room sensor which will correct the night curve downwards to obtain 18
(and at the same time will react in the event of the sun heating the facade).

The subject is not to "rejoice" me! : Lol:
Now, if a solution with the existing installation is to program fanciful temperatures, such as 20° during the day and 12° at night to obtain roughly 20° during the day and 18° at night, why not....
Not sure though that it works as well as that in case of extreme cold. But it is always possible to reschedule.
0 x
tanner52
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tanner52 » 17/03/22, 09:52

The 12° test was not presented as a trick to circumvent the problem but to validate a reasoning. The heating engineer only allows a 2° difference in temperature for the regulation to work correctly.

: Arrow: The test did not provide the values ​​expected by the heating engineer because
20°/12° gives night T°: 19,8° at 3 a.m. (= 4 hours before resumption of daytime T°).
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 17/03/22, 18:32

Hello,

If the boiler is connected, I would be curious to see the settings made by this pro…
0 x