Weird boiler re-start?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
droulesse
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Weird boiler re-start?

by droulesse » 08/11/10, 20:38

Hello
my boiler starts at 60 ° while the temperature of the house is 21 ° and that the deposit is 20 ° I do not see the interest?
I think the boiler redémre to protect the water of the boiler

cordially
0 x
it's good to breathe
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/11/10, 22:25

Maybe you should change the title of the post, very fuzzy :D
In particular, it might spark the interest of Cpt Maloche.

If it's automatic, some boilers do this to avoid condensation in the boiler body. It should normally be supplemented by an 3 channel valve that bypasses the main circuit water.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Flytox

Re: need an answer

by Flytox » 08/11/10, 22:38

droulesse wrote:Hello
my boiler starts at 60 ° while the temperature of the house is 21 ° and that the deposit is 20 ° I do not see the interest?
I think the boiler redémre to protect the water of the boiler

cordially

The temperature displayed by the setpoint does not always reflect the actual setpoint, there may be a shift of several degrees. You can try to lower your set point to see if the temperature of the house is going down. This type of equipment is not calibrated precisely at the origin and not verified then while the drifts are still possible.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/11/10, 23:04

elephant wrote:Maybe you should change the title of the post, very fuzzy :D
In particular, it might spark the interest of Cpt Maloche.

Fixed! 8)
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 09/11/10, 06:19

Bonjour,

If the boiler is also doing the DHW, it is likely that the heating control will be done by starting / stopping the radiator circuit circulator. The boiler control simply keeps the heating element at the set temperature of the heat pump. As soon as there is a need for heating / DHW, hot water is available immediately.
In summer, it is obviously an aberration.

There are other more economical solutions (lighting in the evening, automaton, mixed DHW tank etc ...)

A+
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 09/11/10, 09:06

good looping answer.
also, it is very difficult to generalize because there are many different functions depending on the boilers.
In general, it is not necessary to associate the boiler starts and stops at ambient temperatures. even if it is related, it is not directly related. other infos are more or less complex depending on the type of automaton of the boiler.
0 x
Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 09/11/10, 09:20

Effectively, this avoids condensations, which start at 55 ° and which on the steel boilers will generate corrosion, then drilling of the heating body.

These boilers are insulated, normally.

For example, good pellet boilers achieve yields of 91 at 93%. Considering the losses by the fumes, it means that the losses by the boiler are negligible.

One could find the figures on tests done by the Austrian BLT.

In addition, in "summer" mode (DHW only), they do not maintain temperatures ... To limit losses ...
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 09/11/10, 09:32

loop wrote:In summer, it is obviously an aberration.

There are other more economical solutions (lighting in the evening, automaton, mixed DHW tank etc ...)

The aberration is especially not to use solar thermal panels, especially in summer.

Given the price of the material, there is no more photo.

http://www.bricodepot.fr/lempdes-clermo ... au-solaire

http://www.bysun.fr/Guide_Syst_me_ATMOS_F_xp_32.html

I have just found an exchanger to turn a used water heater into solar storage:
http://www.bysun.fr/_Echangeur_chauffag ... t_151.html
0 x
See you soon !
Did67

by Did67 » 09/11/10, 11:34

Did67 wrote:
One could find the figures on tests done by the Austrian BLT.

Go, to find the order of magnitude of what we are talking about: the Okofen PE16 test (Okofen pellet boiler 16 kw nominal power) by the Wieselburg BLT (test for the authorization for bonuses) ) gives the following information:

room temperature: 24 °
temp of the chauidère: 72 °
Flue gas temperature: 127 °
measured power: 16,7 kW (therefore boiler "full")
losses (measured on 46 points all around the chauidère): 0,13 kW, ie 0,8%

When the aberrations of our heating modes will be at 0,8% ...

That said, at the lowest modulation, the "dissipated" power remains roughly the same but the useful power will be divided by 4: therefore the losses will be 3%!

In fact, in winter, a pellet boiler sails between the two, like the outside temperature.

And in summer, it becomes aberrant from a caloric point of view!

I wrote it elsewhere, to use in summer the boiler with pellets for driver the DHW only is very questionable (even if it is "profitable" compared to a CESI installed turnkey by a craftsman)
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/11/10, 13:43

The aberration is to not be able to start the boiler once a day or 2 days if necessary to heat the DHW tank quickly in about an hour and then stop for a day the cold boiler for a day and we win in losses a reduction factor approximately 2h / 24h = 12, as on my boiler which heats in half an hour the balloon and sleeps long after !!!!
Pellet boilers can start automatically like gas (except Okofen), and so nothing prevents to do so, with thermostat regulation with adjustable hysteresis !!
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."