Boiler prices ökofen: why is it so expensive?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
roy1361

by roy1361 » 27/05/11, 20:44

Did67 wrote:So I would say that "logically" this is not conducive to sustainability but I do think it has a measurable impact on the profitability of a CESI!

I don't think so either. And I am always amazed by the number of people who find it prohibitive to make DHW in summer with a pellet boiler ... However, with gas, fuel or other boilers, it seems normal.

Let's not forget that the machine is designed by the manufacturer to make DHW, and that the fact of operating for 30 to 45 minutes every 36 to 48 hours does not really use the boiler (in my opinion). .

There are some statements of consumption of pellets and settings and adjustments of a pellet boiler for the production of DHW in summer in the following discussion: http://forums.futura-sciences.com/habit ... esioe.html

A+
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 27/05/11, 22:59

Thanks for the info Roy! in his example it is ± 290 € per year for 5 pers chess, while I am at 240 € for 2,5 pers with my cumulus ... so I must be able to scratch a little there too. ..
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 28/05/11, 07:48

kumkat wrote:Thanks for the info Roy! in his example it is ± 290 € per year for 5 person chess ...

In fact, we add 5 family plus a tenant in a separate apartment, which makes 6 people to draw from the chess.

Concretely, and to simplify, I need 1 ton of pellets per year for DHW, or 5000 kWh. Which gives us an average consumption of 833 kWh per person per year.

With French prices, my DHW cost would be 210 euros per year, or 35 euros per person per year.

If we take your case, that would make us 2,5 people x 833 kWh = 2082 kWh, or 87,5 euros with pellet, and 239 euros with an electric cumulus (counting the electric kWh at 0.115 ct).

... So the hair in your numbers. Your consumption of DHW per person corresponds to mine, the difference is made on the price per kWh (0,042 euro for pellet, and 0,115 euro for electricity, or 2,7 times cheaper for pellet).

Clearly, for ecs, you would save 151,5 euros per year with the pellet.

A+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/05/11, 08:40

Did67 wrote:To continue my story of car wear in the city: is the impact measurable?

Of course !

Practical example: the timing belt needs to be changed more quickly in urban use, this is indicated in all the car maintenance manuals!

A car at 200000km which has made them in the city is much more "worn" than one which has made them in the countryside, a precise measurement of the compressions (in gasoline) will give perhaps a clue, if not an engine oil analysis. .I believe it is now compulsory in Belgium for each sale of a vehicle subject to technical control! This is the "carpass":

http://www.car-pass.be/

An initiative that would be welcome in France to avoid various abuses ...

Are you buying an opportunity?

Request your Car-Pass from the seller! It is a legally binding document.

Check whether the mileage displayed follows a logical evolution over time and whether the last mileage mentioned on the Car-Pass corresponds to the value displayed on the meter.

Ah no sorry, it's just an administrative follow-up of technical controls: http://www.car-pass.be/fr/particulieren ... arche.html I thought there was an oil analysis ...

ps: The "mileage"? Belgianism? Also missing a professional N!

All professional who performs an intervention on a vehicle is required, from September 1, 2006, to transmit the the metering

: Cheesy:

Did67 wrote:So I would say that "logically" this is not conducive to sustainability but I do think it has a measurable impact on the profitability of a CESI!

I think that if, anyway, any boiler, especially if it is strongly "electronic" will not exceed 20-25 years of life ... am I wrong?

A complex electronic card rarely exceeds 20 years ... so cutting it completely 5 months a year pushes back the overall lifespan !!

For pellet boilers with complex management, buying a "reserve" control / electronic board before the original is no longer manufactured may not be a bad idea!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/05/11, 08:55

roy1361 wrote:Concretely, and for simplicity, I need 1 ton of pellets per year for ecs

Thank you roy for these figures.

How do you know this value? Does the boiler value you?

Otherwise 833 kWh is a bit high anyway, right?

A good shower consumes 2kWh so * 365 = 730 kWh + losses and boiler efficiency ... oh no it sticks finally ... but I rather imagined the value close to 500 kWh ...

In primary energy on electric it makes a big impact! 2200 kWh EP !!

70 to 80% of this value could be erased by democratizing solar DHW ... but your calculation shows that the erasure of DHW consumption is (still) difficult to amortize in solar thermal!

Even with 6 people and 100% electric, the 5000kWh would cost "only" 575, so a € 5000 installation would not pay for itself for ten years ...

But solar is also a lifestyle choice !! Always thinking about economic profitability is insufficient ... especially since in many other cases of purchases we omit it !!

Example: calculate the "profitability" of replacing his TV, his car, a new computer ... (although for the latter in pro use it can be quickly ...) : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Christophe the 28 / 05 / 11, 09: 00, 1 edited once.
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 28/05/11, 08:59

Christophe wrote:For pellet boilers with complex management, buying a "reserve" control / electronic board before the original is no longer manufactured may not be a bad idea!

It may be a good idea. My old oil boiler (yuck) had the electronic control boards HS after 18 years, and the parts were no longer available ...

But isn't an electronic card subject to aging, just like the timing belt you mentioned earlier?

For example, on my car, the belt has to be changed every 150000 km or every 5 years. Clearly it ages, even if it does not wear out. What about the electronic card of our little darling boilers ??

A+
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 28/05/11, 09:56

apart from the essential ball it is the panels which are the biggest post on a cesi right?
buying used solar panels could lower the aham rating ...

Besides, during a little google breack I fell over it ...

http://www.solaire-panneau-thermique.com/
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/05/11, 22:06

In electronics what wears out the most are the electrolytic capacitors (even small ones) that dry, easy to replace.
The rest of the transistors are wear-free if not overheated.
Against wear, you have to buy 3 devices at the same time !!
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 29/05/11, 07:27

Christophe wrote:How do you know this value? Does the boiler value you?

My boiler has a consumption meter, the accuracy of which I tested and measured.

Christophe wrote:Otherwise 833 kWh is a bit high anyway, right?
A good shower consumes 2kWh so * 365 = 730 kWh + losses and boiler efficiency ... oh no it sticks finally ... but I rather imagined the value close to 500 kWh ...

We and our 3 children are careful with the water, for example, we stop the water by rubbing our teeth or soaping ourselves in the shower. On the other hand, I have a tenant who is very "energy intensive", she often leaves the water running when she cooks because, she says, she loves the sound of water. In winter, she spends the nights with the windows open in a transom because, she repeats, she does not see why the heat would come out since there is the cold growing on the other side (verédique ....). She does not sort her waste either because, she says again, it is not her unsorted little trash that will change something for the planet and that we would do better to take care of the Chinese and the industries before. to come to the emm ..... with his trash. (No need to tell you that these words annoy me enormously!)
In short, excuse me for getting lost, but that was to say that my average water consumption also took into account that of this tenant, and that it must be easily possible to do better ...

Christophe wrote:But solar is also a lifestyle choice !! Always thinking about economic profitability is insufficient ... especially since in many other cases of purchases we omit it !!

It is perfectly true. But the vast majority of people who switch to solar are doing it for the purpose of "profitability", which, in my opinion, is inconsistent. When I switched to pellet heating, I just wanted to get out of the fossil fuel, and even if the kWh pellet had been the same price as the kWh fuel, I would have made the same choice. Same as two years ago when we further reinforced the insulation and changed our windows, I was just looking for savings in annual energy costs, not some profitability.

Christophe wrote:Example: calculate the "profitability" of replacing his TV, his car, a new computer ... (although for the latter in pro use it can be quickly ...) : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Yes, and I am always amazed to see the number of people, particularly in France, who will install an electric boiler for 20 years because it is the cheapest, but knowing full well that this is what will cost them the more expensive to use (and by far), whereas these same people will put lots of money in a car full of often stupid and useless gadgets, to keep it only 4 or 5 years. It is sometimes these people who speak of "profitability" ...

A + and good sunny Sunday 8)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/05/11, 11:18

The comparison with a belt has a limit: a belt wears down almost at a standstill by the following phenomenon: where the belts go around the pulleys, if the car does not turn, there are microcracks on the rubber, the metal shipowner takes a hit ...

When you buy a used grandpa that has been left in a garage for 18 months while the heirs decide to sell it, start by changing the yard whatever the mileage ...

Electronics, I have no idea how it wears out: powered up? off?

On the Okofen plate the sensitive part seems to me to be the relays, but they are visible and "clipable" ...

After, I think that quality plays a lot ...

In the industry, we have to step back, no ????
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."