Radiators, hysteresis with Okofen

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Radiators, hysteresis with Okofen

by manet42 » 13/01/11, 13:10

Hello, following many questions on the role of hysteresis and compensation on the reduction when you do not have a heated floor (here it is easy), here is a small study of the different possibilities. Several cases have been tested on my circuit.

Good reading and good POSITIVE comments :P

Needless to say that Okofen is M ... and that a rustic gas boiler is better! : Evil:
All this has already been repeated 50 times. Thank you.
It is in pdf, easy to print.

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... O1CZXY.pdf
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
dhaulagiri
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dhaulagiri » 13/01/11, 13:42

Before reading it, thank you for this document.

This is already at least one comment written without double exclamation marks or bold, so without barking. A positive comment, in short ... Like what an Okofen user, faithful to the spirit of his material, knows how to respect the order

Dhaulagiri
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/01/11, 14:14

I don't know what you're talking about? [my eyesight goes down!].

Disadvantage of various specialized "threads": they go out of the news box and we lose them ...

I thus lost the thread with MOREA or with Zefred ...

But OK. It is also good to clear up, because in the tote, I get lost too!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/01/11, 14:29

Just a clarification: when you give the starting temp with the room sensor (correction factor 1 or 5), it is immediately after switching to lowered mode (so with the atmosphere which is at 20 °) ?? ?

Because the correction decreases as the internal temperature (measured environment) drops.

When the measured temperature is equal to the setpoint, the effect of the room sensor is zero.

PS: There, I will learn again! A little dropped with the white regulator, these configurable speeds, the hysteresis in addition to the "+ hot ++"! No serious recycling prospect!
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 14/01/11, 14:00

Absolutely, it is immediately after the passage.
I just saw an error in my explanations ... I will review the document!
As the correction decreases like the ambient T °, ​​it decreases even more slowly than in the other cases (cutting the heating). In short, it does not reduce much or at least takes time.
A mathematician could give us the graphs of the kiss of the T ° in the different cases ... (tangents or assymptotes? Upset). There it goes beyond my old acquaintances.
At home, I use the 3rd case with a compensation of 1, the restart is done at reduced temperature around an hour before the expected comfort, it complements well.
With my apologies for forgetting to specify T ° measured dep. and T ° setpoint dep. I also mixed up a little brushes.
Here is the latest version ... the other one is deleted and also replaced in the first message by this one.
Thank you Did.

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... O1CZXY.pdf
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
tautin25
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

my experience on room sensor and hysteresis

by tautin25 » 26/01/11, 20:25

Good evening everyone,
Since this season, I have installed a room sensor with the following parameters (white regulator V1.15 old heated floor with curved slope at 0,8):
Clearing 4
heating cut-off hysteresis 1
reminder: the hysteresis on heating restart is -1 ° C not adjustable
comfort setpoint 21 ° 5
reduced setpoint 20 ° 5
Observations:
without room sensor, low temperature drop in reduced mode
with room sensor, cut off heating caused by reduced hysteresis and restart at 20,5-1 = 19 ° 5

It is much more effective at night (stop as soon as it is reduced) but annoying during the day in sunny weather. In this case, the cut-off hysteresis is reached very quickly but the reset is too late (19 ° 5) Brrrr! :frown:

My instructions 20 ° 5 and 21 ° 5 may seem high but in reality the imprecision of current thermometers (+/- 1 ° 5 in practice) may represent 19 ° and 20 °

The ideal in my case would be a reset hysteresis adjustable to 0 °.

My personal site: http://granuleconso.free.fr
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: my experience on room sensor and hysteresis

by Alain G » 27/01/11, 01:21

tautin25 wrote:Good evening everyone,
Since this season, I have installed a room sensor with the following parameters (white regulator V1.15 old heated floor with curved slope at 0,8):
Clearing 4
comfort setpoint 21 ° 5
reduced setpoint 20 ° 5
Observations:
with room sensor, cut off heating caused by reduced hysteresis and restart at 20,5-1 = 19 ° 5

It is much more effective at night (stop as soon as it is reduced) but annoying during the day in sunny weather. In this case, the cut-off hysteresis is reached very quickly but the reset is too late (19 ° 5) Brrrr! :frown:

My instructions 20 ° 5 and 21 ° 5 may seem high but in reality the imprecision of current thermometers (+/- 1 ° 5 in practice) may represent 19 ° and 20 °

The ideal in my case would be a reset hysteresis adjustable to 0 °.

My personal site: http://granuleconso.free.fr

Good evening Tautin!

You bring back the problem that I raised in another subject concerning the reliability of the outside sensor which cannot see everything but which only tries to predict without however succeeding because of the sun, humidity or wind and the 'use of a backup heater, I spoke of an adaptive Honeywell thermostat that I use and which takes care of hysteresis.

You cannot set the hysteresis to 0 because you will have serious temperature differences, this function is there to stabilize the temperature in order to obtain better accuracy, the problem is that there are variations on the heating needs according to the days and conditions that make the hysteresis setting for one day not good for another day.
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 27/01/11, 10:41

Tautin wrote:
comfort setpoint 21 ° 5
reduced setpoint 20 ° 5
Observations:

At the moment, I also work like this: T conf. 19,5 °; T ° red 18 °; hyst 0,7 °; comp 1. Switch off at night and restart (at 17,7 °), slow ascent a little before switching to comfort, good!
Because version v2-23M modified the action of 1 ° not adjustable (before I had the V1-15M with the same problem).
Which now gives: Cut to reduced passage, drop, restart at (18 ° + 0,7) - 1 ° or 17,7 °. Which will make your home (20,5 + 1) -1 = 20,5 so more feeling cold. reduced mode.

Because you also say:

It is much more effective at night (stop as soon as it is reduced) but annoying during the day in sunny weather. In this case, the cut-off hysteresis is reached very quickly but the reset is too late (19 ° 5) Brrrr!

But normally, during the day, hysteresis is applied to the T ° cons. comfort?
Or restart at 21,5 ° - 1 ° = 20,5 °?
JC
0 x
tautin25
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tautin25 » 30/01/11, 22:31

manet42 wrote:But normally, during the day, hysteresis is applied to the T ° cons. comfort?
Or restart at 21,5 ° - 1 ° = 20,5 °?
JC

That's right, please report this error to me. The hysteresis applies to the comfort setpoint, i.e. 21,5 ° in my case. However, this results in a feeling of discomfort due to the fact that the heating resetting time will arrive too late, that is after the reduced switching time (20h in my case) and precipitate the fall at the end of the evening.
I generally give a flick on the thermostat button to anticipate the restart in that the temperature drops below the cut-off hysteresis (21,5 ° + 1 ° = 22 ° 5)
0 x
Did67

Re: my experience on room sensor and hysteresis

by Did67 » 31/01/11, 07:51

tautin25 wrote:

Your room sensor will also correct the calculation of the start time. When switching from "comfort" mode to "reduced" mode, the interior temperature does not move (especially with heated floors!).

Suddenly, the room sensor finds that it is too hot, the calculation of the start time is corrected down; suddenly, you fall below the limit for maintaining heating ...

I do not have the new regul, I do not master the adjustable hysteresis.

But already take into account the effect of compensation. With me too, the boiler stops just after the scale, just by this effect ...

And at the time of the "reduced / day" changeover, it is the reverse: exaggeration of the starting time, with the effect of the risk of an entry into oscillation of the boiler (see the other thread and the discussion with Dhaulagiri on this subject).

Hence the interest of not forcing the correction factor too much!
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."