Fluid radiator?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
fc89
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Fluid radiator?

by fc89 » 21/11/07, 18:59

Hello everybody

I would like to change the radiator in my daughter's apartment.
Currently it has a radiant radiator with a lacquered grid on the front.
I do not find this type of radiator very efficient and especially not very comfortable. Sensation of hot then cold.
I plan to install a heat transfer fluid radiator, which has a certain inertia.
Is it a good choice?

A+
0 x
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 22/11/07, 09:08

Personally I lived in an apartment that had stone inertia radiators and currently a house with a fluid radiator.
There is no difference between the two systems except the weight if the walls are plasterboard I advise you to take lighter fluids.
The comfort is much better more feeling of cold air flow compared to the convector, the radiant panels giving just the feeling of cold. Constant temperature in the rooms.

The only drawback of inertial radiators is never let them cool because at the beginning you have to heat the stone or the fluid and your meter panics. Do not vary the temperatures too much during the day ours are at 19 degrees throughout the winter season. For the bathroom a suffering because a radiator has inertia but a crazy time to raise the temperature
Personally I put the radiators in operation that we still have temperatures of 19 in the house and in the night hours.

be careful the radiators are hot to the touch.
question consumption you will not consume the same see less but with better comfort.

for the econote I know how to heat with electricity bha but hey I have no choice
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 22/11/07, 09:48

but yes, but yes!
we can not say that see!
everyone has a choice in our world today!

in any case for me there is no better than the big cast iron radiators, in terms of performance, hot water!
the inertia is really substantial ... attest to the weight of these machines!

we can even pass pre-heated water through solar panels, thermal of course!
0 x
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 22/11/07, 09:57

I agree, but for me changing means modifying all the house. Economically speaking I inquired to have a solar water heater with radiator cost more than 20 euro for me this is a huge sum economically speaking, ecologically it is true it would be better.
but I'm thinking to change that.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 22/11/07, 12:43

Hello,
me my instalaltion it is me who will do it and receive the 40% tax credit! : Cheesy:

without laughing it is that with the gear of recovery, clean and done as well as by myself ;-)

Finally the time that I will put will be worth the 20.000 € !! : Shock:

http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/solaire/panneaux%20solaires.html
http://www.sebasol.ch/
0 x
fc89
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fc89 » 22/11/07, 18:44

Hello,

Thanks to you, so I will take a fluid radiator since the walls are plasterboard.

A+
0 x