ECS Okofen programming

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Chris68500
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

ECS Okofen programming

by Chris68500 » 09/10/13, 14:14

Hello everyone,

I have an Okofen boiler for 2 years, here in Alsace Mulhouse region, I am very satisfied, given the savings I have made in the last 2 years, and knowing that I was on gas before
However, there are things that surprise me in terms of Okofen programming, more specifically brand electronics! I explain an example
For the DHW I have programmed a weekly heating time range from 17 p.m. to 22 p.m., programmed temperature 58 ° and minimum 52 °
However, I just noticed that the DHW pump worked at 13:30 p.m. despite a temperature reached of 60 °!
So I'm wondering! the programmer does what he wants?
Not a top probe?
Can you please enlighten me?
Thanks in advance
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 09/10/13, 18:00

1) So that we can help you, tell us what is your regulatory model?

2) Start by checking that the clock is up to date / on time?

3) From memory, there are several things:

a) the DHW temp which is the low temp of the DHW tank

(do you have a thermal probe at the bottom of the balloon? how did you raise the 60 °? by reading on the screen of your regulation?)

b) post-circulation: a programmable time during which the circulator will run to "bring" the calories from the boiler to the balloon once the boiler has stopped ...

c) I did not remember that there was a mini, but rather a hsyteresis (that is to say that the preparation does not start until the temp of the DHW has dropped to maxi-hysteresis). ..

But there are several models of regulation. I speak there for the "gray" day TEM ...
0 x
Chris68500
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Chris68500 » 09/10/13, 20:31

OK SORRY

I have a pellematic set to 15 KW I think!
Regulatory model uh! I think you are referring to the case on the side of the boiler?
I think rather of the digital display on the screen of the boiler.
I also have an analog box in the house!
The boiler is coupled to a Rotex brand balloon itself connected to solar panels.
Yes there is a sensor connected to the 300 liter tank to the boiler! hence the display of the DHW temperature on the Okofen screen.
Yes the display indicates a desired temperature and a minimum so that I think the DHW water does not pass below.
In fact, the time slots allow the DHW pump to operate and the water in the Rotex tank to be heated by spiral circulation, I presume!
Here, if other questions I can answer, if however I understand them, not being a crack in sanitary ...
My question was why the boiler allows itself to heat outside the programmed time range ??
thanks for your help
0 x
zeralium
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by zeralium » 09/10/13, 21:13

Hello,
I just bought a house with an Okofen 15Kw boiler, regulation via Pelletronic v1.15.
I would like to know if it is possible to retrieve the boiler operating data in order to observe the behavior of the boiler at first. Note that I do not have a USB port, just a compact flash.
Then can be tried to optimize it all afterwards.
0 x
Bunny67
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Bunny67 » 11/10/13, 18:08

There is often a misunderstanding for setting the DHW, it is true that it is not very clear.

Your DHW setpoint temperature is 58 ° C in the time range from 17 p.m. to 22 p.m.

The minimum DHW temperature is only valid outside the defined DHW time range. at your home from 22 p.m. to 17 p.m.

The minimum DHW temperature during the time range can only be configured using the DHW hysteresis. this parameter is visible and adjustable only after entering the access code.

Suppose you have a hysteresis of 5 ° C, this means that in the time range from 17 p.m. to 22 p.m. if your DHW is 53 ° C (58-5) the boiler restarts.
Outside this time range, if your DHW is below 52 ° C, the boiler restarts ...

Personally, also having solar collectors, I set the DHW setpoint at 50 ° C and the hysteresis at 13 ° C, which means that the boiler restarts when the DHW is below 37 ° C (50-13) , which also makes it possible to maximize the solar gains.

I do not know if I was clear enough, this is also why the menu is not very clear on this side.

besides my heating engineer who tells me that he already installed a lot of okofen boilers, apparently did not understand this, because he was surprised to see that I had set the minimum DHW temperature (therefore the minimum temperature outside the DHW ranges ) at 30 ° C.

@ zeralium: the USB port is located under the boiler control box, look well below, you should find it :D
0 x
Chris68500
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Chris68500 » 11/10/13, 18:20

Oh, okay

Very clear answer! to check this famous DHW hysteresis setting
By the way ! the admin password is always the same and if so which one?
In any case THANK YOU to you and may be soon for other questions!
But it is okay ! overall i am very satisfied with the installation
I just ordered the famous Touch Okofen box! I find it very aesthetic and I hope useful!
I will ask the installer if it is possible to connect the Rotex Balloon and solar system to the Touch! to be able to manage everything on the same order ...
Maybe someone knows ??
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 13/10/13, 09:39

Hello,
from what I understand you seem to have a pelletronic plus (white box with digital display and a dial on the boiler). If it is possible to directly connect a Touche box that interests me! Although you must have a newer version of the deck than I do ...

As for solar, don't worry. Okofen regul has been supporting a CESI for a long time, whatever the brand.
0 x
If it does not work, get off a hammer ...
Chris68500
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Chris68500 » 14/10/13, 17:26

Yes ! a pellematic with a remote thermostat that I would like to replace with a Touch!
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... Dfs8cA.JPG
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... 8uyVcv.JPG
Here are the pictures of the equipment I have!
Great if I can adapt my Rotex sunscreen to the future Touch box,
If however my installer can do ...
Thank you for your help
[/ Img]
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 14/10/13, 22:21

it's a pelletronic plus, I have the same!

do you have a second small display on the left of the white box?
0 x
If it does not work, get off a hammer ...
Chris68500
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Chris68500 » 15/10/13, 16:53

No there is only this Display
By cons I can not find a USB port or other, or is it inside?
0 x