very annoying problem with ÖkoFEN Pellematic 32

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
patrice42440
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

very annoying problem with ÖkoFEN Pellematic 32

by patrice42440 » 16/10/15, 19:19

good evening everyone
I'm going to be short (otherwise we're there for the evening!): my regulation does not respect its instructions of t ° ambient and departure.
I have two circuits (one PC and the other radiators), an outdoor sensor and a room sensor on the 1 circuit (PC).
I enclose a graph of an export made on the day yesterday. For more readability, I left only the figures on the PC.
Thanks for your insight, because the Okofen technician (whose name I will keep quiet for now) tells me it's "normal".
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 17/10/15, 08:29

Hello,

To see the steep drop in the flow temperature at each boiler shutdown, it seems that the pump stops at the same time as the boiler?
Or a few minutes later.
0 x
patrice42440
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by patrice42440 » 17/10/15, 11:18

Hello
a priori, no! The parameter "pump dep ch1" is indeed at "1" in the readings (same for the ch2 which I did not put on my curve).
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 17/10/15, 11:51

Does he really turn?

On the boiler temperature curve, we see the t ° rise slightly at the moment when the flow collapses.

I do not understand why the boiler goes up to 70 °, goes down again and goes back to 75 °?

Why does the boiler setpoint go down to 7 °?
0 x
patrice42440
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by patrice42440 » 17/10/15, 12:19

The boiler setpoint that goes down to 8 ° means that there is no need for heating, the boiler stops.
And yes, the circulators turn, I stuck my ear on it)
0 x
patrice42440
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by patrice42440 » 21/10/15, 18:09

Well on my side, it seems to settle ... one year to make them admit that the boiler did not work properly despite the sending of graphs and files.
In short, it was enough to update the regulation for the boiler to finally work.
FYI, I have the 2.03d on the boiler and 2.05a on a key ready to fire!
Thank you to all
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 24/10/15, 16:08

Hi Patrice,
I also have a PE32 with which I currently attack my 6th heating season.
Sorry, I can not analyze your curves finely because I'm color-blind and I can not get them to stick to the legend.
Does your inner air temperature stick to the set point, right?
From what I see your system seems to oscillate as often with the Okofen.
First thing to see that can affect the cycles, is your system oversized?
If I believe your nickname, you live in a small town of the Loire whose winter climate can be harsh.
Can you indicate the surface and the average height under ceiling, new or old, level of insulation (roof, opening, walls ...), orientation ...
What did you warm up before? What conso?
When was your boiler installed?
Sorry, a lot of questions, but to help you, you have to understand your installation ...
0 x
If it does not work, get off a hammer ...
patrice42440
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by patrice42440 » 24/10/15, 16:15

Hello and thank you Tomgey
The boiler has been installed for a year.
I had a log boiler enough performance coupled with a fuel oil relief.
Year-round, I burned 25 / 30 hardwood (dry hardwood) and 500l fuel.

The problem of t ° set / measured oscillations has been partially solved with the change of boiler software, but it remains a bit.
The after-sales service continues to observe the readings to see if there might not be a problem with the boiler (a problem of "hard" rather than "soft" if we make an analogy with data processing).

And yes, I live well in the Loire where it is often cold (Noirétable) ...
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 24/10/15, 17:11

OK, basically you had a conso of 4000-4500L oil equivalent per year, which should give you 8-9t of pellets a year.
I consume about as much for an old house of 300m ² moderately isolated with big height of ceiling (3,3m of average ranging from 4,8m to 2,5m) which makes 1000m3 to heat ...
Knowing that after the first season I had my boiler shut down at 25kW and I lowered it electronically to 22kW.
This allowed at least partial clipping of the oscillations and a more regular operation.
The rest happens in the 2 level settings of the control.
You have the Pelletronic Touch control that brings quite significant changes compared to mine.
The factory settings often stop the cycle too early (to 70 ° C) and the goal is to push this temperature to around 77 ° C.
Do you have the booklet describing the 2 level settings?
What did the Okofen tech do when they were sleeping
Basically you have to do a sort of "fine tuning" of the machine to adapt its operation to your house, and this requires spending a little time on it. Once it's done, you're quiet for 20 years. Me it's been about 3 years that I have not really put my nose into the settings and the boiler is running smoothly.
And you have a big advantage over me: you can do all this from your sofa while my generation of users has left a few evenings in the cellar ... : Cheesy:
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 24/10/15, 17:19

Have you made the basic adjustment of your heating curves:
- deactivation of the room sensor (compensation to 0)
- deactivation comfort / reduced and you leave in comfort
- opening of the radiators thoroughly
- adaptation of the curve foot in not too cool weather (5-12 ° C) with no more than one change per day, especially with a PC
- adaptation of the slope rather in fairly cool weather, still not more than one modified by 24h.

When you see that your house is stable around the deposit, it's good and there you can start to close qq taps (unused rooms, rooms ... etc), introduce reduced beaches and activate room sensor.
Regarding the latter, its interest is fairly discussed because it can easily introduce confusion in the regulation. Many of us, including myself, ended up permanently turning it off.
0 x