wall moisture problem that explodes you know why?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
eng-avenir.fr
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

wall moisture problem that explodes you know why?

by eng-avenir.fr » 26/08/10, 18:35

I am working on a subject which is as follows:
Why the walls loaded with humidity explode the paint, the plaster see the cement both outside and inside.
My reasoning is as follows, the humid is a component of organic vegetable matter stone, sand, earth etc ... + water.
I think that water being a gas in its primary state Hydrogen + Oxygen + power elec that when it is trapped in organic matter to escape is transformed into gas, which will bring it its power.
I would like that my thesis be confirmed or that I be given other concrete elements on the pressure and force effect of humidity.
By eliminating the saltpetre elements which are natural salts fed by humidity.
Thank you for looking into the matter
:?: and to respond to my friendship with Pascal H, a souvenir of the Mondial in Paris.
0 x
The worst enemy of humans and animals is ignorance!
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 27/08/10, 07:53

Explosion? There is no explosion but expansion due to the saturation in humidity which causes the paint and plaster to crack and peel off ... The hot cold cycles are added very effectively, especially if there is frost: ice expands in the cracks and can break large pieces: this is how nature erodes the mountains ...
0 x
eng-avenir.fr
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Explosion

by eng-avenir.fr » 27/08/10, 17:23

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my reflection.
I work on the subject and at the beginning your answer joined my first deductions, but over time I realize that we are next to reality. I noticed that where there was a burst of plaster, or cement, in a first common interior case in the basement
There was no saturation of humidity, it is for this reason that I deduced from it that the humidity through natural, transformed into gas, not necessarily vapor, because in the case where I took the photo, we are in a basement more precisely at the castle of Boissemont where I installed devices which expels moisture from the walls, creating a decompression and it works thunder.
I am currently in Spain where I work on the subject the reverse the walls are loaded with water and following the increase in outside temperature the humidity requires to come out naturally, it takes advantage of weak points and detonates fragile locations, under the pressure effect and again I find my gas.
I made a blog it is in Spanish, but the videos explain things well http://mirofuturo.blogspot.com/
: Idea: A+
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 27/08/10, 20:06

in the photo, we can see the typical damage of moisture infiltration by capillarity through the stone walls (blisters and saltpetre) ... there is no need to look for noon at 14 p.m. in my opinion ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/08/10, 21:02

Multiple possible causes: Freezing, but also: subsidence of the ground, poorly calculated foundation, water supply line that is losing, undersized or insufficient drainage, exceptional thrust of a landslide, poor mixing of the cement, emergence of '' an aquatic source, reflux from a water table, increase in humidity due to high rainfall, etc ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/08/10, 23:56

Who hasn't had humidity problems ??
In the photos it reminds me of memories !!

I don't understand Spanish, except guessing, but clearly, it is a promotional site to sell devices and wall treatments against humidity, SPAM type, Spanish !!!
The humidity leads to colds, allergies and illnesses, especially in children, so dry your walls with our SPI electrical devices !!
http://www.innovaidea.es./AHE%20Elimina%20Humedad.pdf
I will finally understand Spanish !!.
So SPAM, hidden for advertising a wall ventilation device with electric electromigration !!
Humidity is complex, with all the basic physical phenomena and even living microorganisms:
Condensation, evaporation, solidification (in ice, dislocates, breaks everything), dissolution of salts in the walls which migrate with water (like white calcite, contained in any cement) and are deposited in white or dirty powder where this water s evaporates in a windy and warmer place !!
Thus this slow but continuous transport of the cement salts from the interior of the wall to the surface has a destructive effect, on plaster and porous walls. The salt is deposited and to have room pushes the paint or the surface of the wall which prevents it from growing when the water deposits it by evaporating.
Thick cements, compact as concretes, in principle do not let water pass and are therefore only affected on the surface (otherwise the concrete bridges in the rain would be quickly damaged)!
Calcite is different from saltpeter, although they can be confused quickly, but old gunpowder manufacturers, do not confuse them, because with calcite, the powder never fires. !!
Calcite is calcium carbonate which transported with water in the caves gives stalactite and stalagmite concretions, which form very quickly as soon as the water passes through a cement slab !!
I experienced it 15 years ago when my neighbor upstairs started to water his plants too much more than the rain and the water through the slab ended up in my balcony, transforming it into a cave with beautiful concretions !!!
It was very difficult to solve the problem, and the condominium at our expense, had to make its only balcony perfectly waterproof, like a swimming pool, simply because of its obsession to water constantly!
Your photos are calcite, not saltpetre, coming out thanks to your devices which accelerate the migration of water to dry the walls !!
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcite.
Also, I know how to distinguish calcite from saltpetre, formed of potassium nitrate, which do not require the same conditions, it requires a closed environment, sheltered without light !! !!
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salp%C3%AAtre

Saltpeter comes in the form of white fibers with the appearance of white hairs. In old humid cellars or houses, saltpeter is one of the residues of development of bacteria that feed on ammonia from soil water and potassium carbonate in the walls. The transformation ends in contact with the oxygen in the air to form potassium nitrate or "saltpetre". We often see these white fibers in old buildings that have housed animals or near an old septic tank, ammonia forming there from the urine. The mineral salts are in solid white form. Saltpeter and mineral salts are present throughout the thickness of old damp walls and concentrated on the surface of materials. This saltpetre was formerly harvested in cellars or certain caves for powder.

Finally, in case of humidity, before using this type of device, it is better to stop at the source, draining around, making the wall or the floor waterproof and only as a last resort your system, good for old castles that cannot be rebuilt or modified !!
0 x
eng-avenir.fr
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Thank you for answering me

by eng-avenir.fr » 29/08/10, 12:52

I am satisfied to see that you speak scientifically and with reason, my goals are to acquire as much technical elements as possible and everything you just said is entirely correct. Only concerning humidity it is not always the salts which destroy the walls, I am convinced that the pressure plays an important role not only under the effect of the vapor, and that I would like to have the certainty. Regarding the devices, my role is not to advertise on this site that I respect, but to make sure that you scientists will understand that my deduction is not false.
I confirm and I always advise to solve the problems easy to solve like repairing a leak, making a drainage etc ... all that is in the field of the possible, but I note that when a wall following an accident is filled with water damage is very important and it takes many years for this humidity to disappear with the devices in a few months the humidity has disappeared. I go on 10 years of experience and believe me that I fight what I deduce from it that inventions whatever it is must wait decades before having their place on the market, and even if they are excellent the proof . Image Photo suite has a water leak that has been in the wall for several years.
You don't think my theory is founded and you're trying to tear it down by talking about an old castle. Regarding another element it is concrete when it is vibrated, and on metering it becomes waterproof, but the scrap metal under the effect of rust due to humidity cause the concrete to burst, and if you look through it you will see that i am right, the posts of the millau bridge are perforated in a certain place and tell me where you see salt in the concrete. Regarding my blog I noticed that it was necessary to open with Blogger, the videos are very meaningful. Another element why the concrete of concrete slab cracks you more in summer even well proportioned and there also you have no salt!
All of its elements make my theory thesis. And I would like to be sure, but how to make sure of it, because if my theory turns out to be correct, we could meet a new gas, with a new conception (If we analyze radon , it is an organic gas which is due to containment and feed with humidity in the old walls without ventilation)
www.dailymotion.com/video/x7fbob_alize-advance, this project I did in 2006, and at the end talks about radon.
I am not scientific enough to find a way to analyze it, because it would have to be recovered at the time of its action, when it pushes the materials. Now it's your turn!
Kind regards, Jose friend of Pascal The inventor
When did I know Pascal was sleeping with his bike?
It made us all laugh.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/08/10, 14:09

Okay, the rusting steels explode the well-known and visible concrete;

Otherwise, the salts, calcite, always present, dissolved with water, recrystallize into crystals, with evaporating water, and have force which damage the walls, and in my opinion it is sufficient, to transport by migration a significant part of the wall.
Clearly visible on your photo.
Experiment with salt water slowly evaporating under a saucepan, which will be lifted by the salts that settle under it !!
The caves are thus very remodeled over time by the water which dissolves and evaporates !!

Finally, you are a humidity professional and me a non-professional scientist on humidity, but having had some practical and wet problems with an architect.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/08/10, 15:33

Yes and no Dedelco. On construction sites, the irons are made to rust, precisely so that they adhere better to concrete ... The problem is in concrete, it is not the irons. Concrete cancer can come from an inadequate distance between the formwork and the irons and from bad components. It is better to have good quality aggregates rather than the use of adjuvants ... In short we are in the middle of chemistry with the release of ions and everything ... Not so simple :?

Correct, eng-avenir.fr

... inevitably there is always a conjunction of several elements / factors: pressure, capillarity, excess fluid circulation, intrinsic deviation of certain binders, chemical occurrences, and therefore electrical and temporal therefore opportunistic ...
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 29/08/10, 16:42

For concrete irons: normally the fittings do not rust (or no longer) in healthy concrete, when they rust, it is only when there are microcracks, which happens when the concrete is of poor quality in particularly if it is exposed to salt water: it then seeps into the irons and causes it to rust ...
Some details here:
http://www.concretecorrosion.net/html/m ... ontenu.htm
0 x