insert heating problem

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
kevlekvdu02
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

insert heating problem

by kevlekvdu02 » 17/02/14, 02:17

Hello everyone
I have a brand name godin insert the thiolet power 14 kw
I installed it myself in an old open fireplace made of stone, I made a decompression ceiling and install grilles (2) but I do not feel that a lot of hot air comes out of the grids
my problem is that I have trouble heating my room 38m²
my wood is dry I burn ash beech and birch ash
I have a good draw
I am still charged with having a good bed of embers but the temperature rises barely 20 ° c
what can i do to improve the system i'm sure there is something to do
here's a photo

0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 17/02/14, 22:03

If you do not have an outside air intake for the insert draft, you can start with it.
It will avoid sucking too much air into the room.

The next step is probably to install enough to blow the hot air into the room through the grilles.

SixK
0 x
Pascalou
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pascalou » 18/02/14, 12:18

Hi! it is very beautiful your insert! First of all, I agree with SixK with his remarks. Then you have to control the combustion, first fire fully to heat your insert and your duct, after half an hour of fire with fully open air intake, you can close between 80 and 90% this intake. air, and charge maximum once per hour with two / three logs (normally, if you regulate your fire well, you should not always have to charge! And a "good fire should radiate strong enough when you are two to put in front of the 'insert. Otherwise there is poor combustion)

Then tell us a bit more, the ceiling height, the windows, the insulation, how did you warm up before?
0 x
The energy is unlimited, it is not a problem, man is the problem!
https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partag ... xfBlcC.doc
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 18/02/14, 21:48

I have an insert spike 3 faces of Godin with an outside air intake oiur to avoid taking the air in the main room because this insert is of high power.
I was faced with the same problem that I solved by directing 2 fans on the 2's longest sides of linsert in order to warm the air and distribute it in the 50m² room and in the 22 m² room.
When the winter is over, I will open the hood above the insert to insert a ventilation system for effective heat recovery and good redistribution in the 2 rooms on the floor and in the large room of the room. DRC.
So put a fan to blow on the front window and it should get better.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
kevlekvdu02
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

re pb insert

by kevlekvdu02 » 19/02/14, 08:45

thank you for your answers for the outside air intake the person before had pulled an outer sheath that passes below my insert base there are two hatches on the right and left of the base but they are still closed moreover I wonder if it would be better to bring out my fire and closed all the rest with concrete cell because I think it will work better and to clean the retractable tile easier because the hard hard lool
by account I do not see what looks like a blower for my room above my insert
Is it a good idea to take it out in the worst case?
0 x
kevlekvdu02
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

re pb insert

by kevlekvdu02 » 19/02/14, 09:18

the person before heated with oil + the open chimney, ceiling height 2.50 about
two sections of wall that I isolated correctly gr32 the other two could not do because are in stone not wanted all broken but behind the cut stones it looks like there is an air gap then placo polystyrene
0 x