Electricity problem

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
steven87441
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Electricity problem

by steven87441 » 01/11/13, 15:42

Hello I have a problem with my 10 A circuit breaker it jumps because I have connected 2 phase and neutral on a single circuit breaker that of the 10 A at the beginning it was good after 1 month my circuit breaker trips I remove a phase wire and neutral and when I switch the circuit breaker on, it no longer trips.

Here's how :

I installed a 40A / 30ma AC type diff circuit breaker immediately a 10A circuit breaker for 5 point lighting and a second 10A circuit breaker for 3 point ignition plus 3 point ignition to which I said at the very beginning I have to connect 2 phase and neutral which are connected to the same circuit breaker then 2 circuit breakers at 20A which have one for 5 socket and the second 2 socket and the last one a 25A circuit breaker for a freezer and a refrigerator with 3 lamps connected to the socket.

My consumption is 15A from EDT (Électricité de Tahiti)

Please excuse me I'm from Tahiti, hoping to be welcome on this forum!!

Thank you for kindly helping me! : Cry:
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 01/11/13, 18:36

Nothing understood in your explanations could you be clearer?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 02/11/13, 19:33

yes, it will be good to make sentences, real ones, and not just a succession of words stacked on top of each other.
for someone to help you, they need to be able to understand you at the very least.
0 x
Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 02/11/13, 21:56

On the 10 A which jumps, if I understand correctly, when you say that you have connected 2 phases and 1 neutral, do you mean that you have connected two circuits (2 outputs - for example a lighting circuit of a few lamps and a circuit of something else ???)

Talk about lighting. OK. I understand.

Then "ignition points": are they electrical outlets, on which you plug devices ???

In this case, with us, according to the standards, it is not 10 A, but 16 A. And these are wires of 2,5 mm² section (for lighting, 10 A and 1,5 mm² are sufficient) .

If that's what you mean, it's simple: your two circuits "draw" more than 10 A and the circuit breaker does its job : he cuts ! He is there exactly for that !!!

So when you unplug one of the two circuits, you fall back below 10 A and it "holds".

I don't know if you know it, but the A's are the "amps" that is to say the unit that measures the "flow of electricity" (the amount of electricity that passes per second).

A circuit, depending on the diameter of the cables, supports a maximum amperage.

And the role of the circuit breaker, placed at the head of the circuit, is to cut when it exceeds! To avoid the fire !!!!

Tell me if I understood you correctly!

To try to move forward.

Behind your 40 A differential, you can put several circuit breakers, with different circuits. Classically:

1 circuit breaker 10 A per lighting circuit
1 circuit breaker 16 A per electrical outlet circuit
1 20 A circuit breaker for a hotplate or an electric oven,

etc ...

The wires following the circuit breaker must have the correct diameter:

if 10 A: wires with a cross section of 1,5 mm²
if 16 A: wires with a cross section of 2,5 mm²
0 x
steven87441
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Electricity problem

by steven87441 » 03/11/13, 10:17

steven87441 wrote:Hello I have a problem with my 10 A circuit breaker it jumps because I have connected 2 phase and neutral on a single circuit breaker that of the 10 A at the beginning it was good after 1 month my circuit breaker trips I remove a phase wire and neutral and when I switch the circuit breaker on, it no longer trips.

Here's how :

I installed a 40A / 30ma AC type diff circuit breaker immediately a 10A circuit breaker for 5 point lighting and a second 10A circuit breaker for 3 point ignition plus 3 point ignition to which I said at the very beginning I have to connect 2 phase and neutral which are connected to the same circuit breaker then 2 circuit breakers at 20A which have one for 5 socket and the second 2 socket and the last one a 25A circuit breaker for a freezer and a refrigerator with 3 lamps connected to the socket.

My consumption is 15A from EDT (Électricité de Tahiti)

Please excuse me I'm from Tahiti, hoping to be welcome on this forum!!

Thank you for kindly helping me! : Cry:

here is a picture to my problem:

circuit breaker-30ma-which-jumps-electricity-problem-pic741.jpg
0 x
steven87441
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by steven87441 » 03/11/13, 10:37

Did67 wrote:On the 10 A which jumps, if I understand correctly, when you say that you have connected 2 phases and 1 neutral, do you mean that you have connected two circuits (2 outputs - for example a lighting circuit of a few lamps and a circuit of something else ???)

Talk about lighting. OK. I understand.

Then "ignition points": are they electrical outlets, on which you plug devices ???

In this case, with us, according to the standards, it is not 10 A, but 16 A. And these are wires of 2,5 mm² section (for lighting, 10 A and 1,5 mm² are sufficient) .

If that's what you mean, it's simple: your two circuits "draw" more than 10 A and the circuit breaker does its job : he cuts ! He is there exactly for that !!!

So when you unplug one of the two circuits, you fall back below 10 A and it "holds".

I don't know if you know it, but the A's are the "amps" that is to say the unit that measures the "flow of electricity" (the amount of electricity that passes per second).

A circuit, depending on the diameter of the cables, supports a maximum amperage.

And the role of the circuit breaker, placed at the head of the circuit, is to cut when it exceeds! To avoid the fire !!!!

Tell me if I understood you correctly!

To try to move forward.

Behind your 40 A differential, you can put several circuit breakers, with different circuits. Classically:

1 circuit breaker 10 A per lighting circuit
1 circuit breaker 16 A per electrical outlet circuit
1 20 A circuit breaker for a hotplate or an electric oven,

etc ...

The wires following the circuit breaker must have the correct diameter:

if 10 A: wires with a cross section of 1,5 mm²
if 16 A: wires with a cross section of 2,5 mm²

steven87441:

yes I have connected 2 lighting circuits on a 10A circuit breaker in section 1.5 and I was wrong it is not ignition point but lighting and what can you say by: Behind your 40 A differential, you can put several circuit breakers, with different circuits. Can I put a new circuit breaker?
0 x
steven87441
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by steven87441 » 03/11/13, 10:47

dirk pitt wrote:yes, it will be good to make sentences, real ones, and not just a succession of words stacked on top of each other.
for someone to help you, they need to be able to understand you at the very least.

Excuse me, I'm just a poor Tahitian trying to make you understand! : Cry: this is the first time that I enter a forum!!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/11/13, 14:15

For my part, do not apologize. All French people are far from being able to express themselves correctly in German or English, let alone Croatian or Swahili ... My grandmother spoke only German.

So that's what I understood.

As in the diagram above, in fact, there are several circuit breakers after the 40 A differential.

If there are only a few lamps, like you drew it, weird that it pops.

Let us assume 2 circuits of 3 lamps, or 6 lamps of 100 W each. That would be 600 W. It would be about 3 A (amps).

It is therefore not normal for things to jump!

We must therefore suspect a "short-circuit" (insulation fault) on the circuit whose circuit breaker you say blows.

To confirm :

a) if you leave this second circuit alone, does that also jump?

If this is the case, take the circuit from A to Z in search of an insulation fault (at the level of the wires - bare?), At the level of the connections (a small contact?)

Try without bulbs?

b) give the wattage of all the bulbs connected to each of the circuits.

There is nothing abnormal in connecting two circuits, on condition that the total power of 10 A (= a little more than 2 W in total) is respected.

Can you specify which voltage you are using? Not 110 V sometimes ???
0 x