Presentation: Adjustments boilers ÖkoFEN

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

by Did67 » 18/11/12, 09:46

manet42 wrote:
I do not have this edition of the assembly manual, I see tomorrow if my Alpha 2 circulator from gründfos accepts modulation.

Is this a special circulator at home?

1) Is this a new assembly manual or the maintenance manual ???

2) Compared to what I experienced in 2008, I find Okofen has made tremendous progress in terms of clarity of textbooks. It is all the more unacceptable that "professionals" are still deceiving!

3) I have the flow rate adjustment on my CESI circulator. It is a "beast" Wilo. I believe that this regulation is done simply by "micro-chopping" of the current ... It is not like the "turbo with variable geometry" an adjustment of the fins or something of the kind ...
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 18/11/12, 13:39

This is the new assembly manual for professionals, I just found it on okofen.fr.
I just tried it, not convincing : Evil:
At each pulse, the circulator goes back to the 3-speed programs (with indications 8W, 16W, 22W) + the auto-adapt before settling on speed 1, there is even a change to 88W! Then it starts again.
Not sure he likes the hash.
So, I put it back as before since it worked.
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
Did67

by Did67 » 18/11/12, 15:45

Maybe it would go better with the silliest circulator possible: the one where you just have 3 manual speeds. There, yours, if it has a "self-adaptation", indeed, that must destabilize it "seriously!"
0 x
garania
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by garania » 20/11/12, 11:11

that's it it's cold (-2 ° tonight)! with my new settings (increased from 15 to 12kW) and change the boiler T ° C from 60 ° to 64 °, on the last 24 hours I had 5 cycles, in 13h ..... or 2:30 cycle time . (I will check my curves but in my opinion I must have a rgos cycle of 6 hours approximately)

This is what I had when it was -25 ° in winter denrier ... so it scares me a little for T ° C of -10 °, but it's true that I modulate low, often P162 indicates between 3 and 7, even around 69 ° C. So I imagine that it should not consume too much.
Can we know the link between the value of P162 and the difference in consumption? related to the number of turns of the screw? at his speed?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/11/12, 18:43

1) frequent and yet unfounded fear: a boiler will consume what the house loses. No more (otherwise, it's too hot and you know it right away). No less (otherwise it's too cold and you know it as quickly).

Have confidence in the 1st principle of thermodynamics: no energy is lost, no energy is created.

Which means: as many pellets it enters your stove (which burns them correctly) and as many calories arrive in your house (which dissipates them)!

So a given house, with an internal temp of 20 °, will consume at - 20 ° external double what it consumes at 0 °.

It's mathematical, stupid as cabbage and ... unstoppable.

If the boiler turns 50% continuously as soon as it turns 100% continuously at - 20 ° would be normal.

2) The modulation level (P162) affects both the duration of the screw pulses (time during which the motor that turns the screw operates) and the duration of the pause times. He also plays on the fan ...
0 x
Bunny67
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Bunny67 » 20/11/12, 19:16

Did67 wrote:1) frequent and yet unfounded fear: a boiler will consume what the house loses. No more (otherwise, it's too hot and you know it right away). No less (otherwise it's too cold and you know it as quickly).

Have confidence in the 1st principle of thermodynamics: no energy is lost, no energy is created.

It is true that it is a frequent fear, and I share it, I happen to have this fear, because it has only been a month since my boiler is on.
Having not backed up yet, and starting only on estimates, I often ask myself questions ....
But given that I heat the same as before with fuel oil, I should not have any surprises, except in a good way considering the estimated output of my old boiler (70% large max) : Cheesy:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/11/12, 09:02

Sleep peacefully and we'll talk about it again in the spring !!!

[however, do not neglect the effect of "as it is greener and cheaper, we heat a little more, we pay a little less attention ..."; however, despite everything, the conversions 1 l of fuel oil = 2 kg of pellets are achieved more or less; this has always been true; no reason for you to be the exception!]

You have to understand that you go from an oil boiler who did not modulate, so that when it started up, spit 22 kW all the time, to a boiler that may be running continuously or almost, but with powers as low as 4 kW (so 6 h at 4 kW = 1 h at 22 or almost !!!!). It was hard at first to get used to it, psychologically!
0 x
garania
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by garania » 09/12/12, 20:00

totally agree, good explanation.
Since my modifications, I have cycles of around 1h40, but for example on December 1st I only have 4 starts!
The comparison of the curves of this date with last year (old settings) and a day at equivalent t ° c ext (-5 ° C) shows the differences very well!
I will join them in a future post, because I am currently in the middle of the Indonesian jungle (Sumatra), and is a very low speed which prevents any download!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/12/12, 09:35

What do you mean by ???? They are so wild that they don't even have an Okofen boiler ??????? [humor! humor!]
0 x
garania
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by garania » 11/12/12, 15:16

the world is badly made, we burn energy to heat and here to cool off, is 30 ° even at night ....
I think the Okofen salesperson shouldn't make a good living here !!!
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."