Precautions for blowing cellulose wadding

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
phelps
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Precautions for blowing cellulose wadding

by phelps » 17/11/12, 17:56

Hello,

I would like to know the precautions to take for blowing with cellulose wadding.

My project is to insulate lost roof spaces on 56m2 under a zinc roof with industrial frame:

- The floor is normally airtight (flat bricks)
- Only the cables for the lighting pass in these roof spaces and are inserted in rigid plastic sheaths.
- the smoke from the boiler is evacuated through a pipe inside the party stone wall.
- the evacuation of the duct from the kitchen hood is behind a brick wall.
- following the renovation of the plumbing, the water inlet pipes from the bathroom also pass through the attic.

My questions :

- can I apply the wadding directly along the party wall without heat protection?
- Can we apply the cotton wool directly on a copper pipe in which hot water circulates?
- is it necessary to insulate the duct through which the exhaust of the hood passes?
- What are the differences between wadding without and with Boron salts?

Thank you in advance for the advice you will give me and do not hesitate to ask me for more details.
0 x