Energy poverty

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
LOGIC12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Energy poverty

by LOGIC12 » 03/01/13, 22:32

hello, We see people renting a recent house (2 to 3 years old) equipped with electric underfloor heating and convector in the rooms located upstairs above.

These well-insulated houses are energy efficient, but many are so afraid of the price of electricity that they do not use the installed heating, but will outright "rot the house" using oil stoves which produce a lot of humidity. to such a point that the CMV is insufficient and is not intended to evacuate such a quantity of humidity, and again, some cut the CMV, so it is a real disaster ... It is the same with the stoves with gas or ethanol. And when you think that it is more expensive than the equivalent electric heating ...
If we put a stove for rent, knowing that we have to sweep twice a winter minimum, already that the tenants are getting their ears shut for the maintenance of the gas boiler, will they sweep their stove duct? ??

And if it is to have a completely damp new house with insulation to redo who will pay ??? the insolvent tenant ???

Rental will become impossible.

We are witnessing the same problem in apartments elsewhere ... And in co-ownership, we can switch from gas to electric if necessary, but not vice versa.

And even with super insulation, you still need heating, especially since you have to renew the air with the VMC, impossible to do otherwise.

And not everyone is lucky enough to have a southern exposure.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/01/13, 23:14

the price of oil for stoves has increased so much that it is actually more expensive than electricity

and of course with the humidity problem in addition it is a bit absurd

except that the problem is the mastery of electrical consumption, in some families if the electric heating works anyone turns the thermostat and the consumption is abominable ... with oil the cans do not fill themselves and we can ration

the same problem arises with gas

this problem had been solved for gas there is a century with meters with advance payment: you had to put tokens in the meter and buy them from the gas company

http://www.copagaz.asso.fr/material.php ... =&start=29
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/01/13, 20:33

During an innocuous discussion with a person "with low incomes", this one affirmed to me that the gas heating "heated badly", in front of my astonishment, she ended up explaining that to have a correct temperature, it would be necessary to put the thermostat in a position which would result in too much consumption for its financial possibilities: its formulation was therefore a shortcut.

This shows well, as remarked Chatelot16, that it is essentially a question of energy cost in relation to purchasing power, and not of a technical consideration.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 04/01/13, 21:50

the technique is complicated

currently the KWH of oil for stove is more expensive than the KWH of electricity

except that you put the stove exactly where you want and just turn it on when you want

fixed electric radiators are more or less badly placed and we do not benefit as well

my advice would rather be to use electric infrared radiant heaters instead of oil stoves to find the same advantage of heating just where it is necessary

other more serious problem: the bad house ... home 1800 style house with open fire and thick stone and earth walls ... with low heating and 10 or 12 ° C it suits me very well ... no humidity problem ... even computers don't complain

in more modern houses if you reduce the heating it's unbearable
0 x
moulino51
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by moulino51 » 05/01/13, 00:30

chatelot16 wrote:my advice would rather be to use electric infrared radiant heaters instead of oil stoves to find the same advantage of heating just where it is necessary

Well performing models: the Infrablitz the old models were pretty ugly with their marble on example on LBC but I find the prices very excessive on occasion.

[Hs On] How do we do on this forum to integrate a link in a word? Thank you [Hs Off]
[Response moderator delnoram]

code: Select all

[url=http://www.infra-blitz.fr/] les Infrablitz[/url]

GS
0 x