Pellets and wood pellets: what future for the price?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 02/08/12, 21:29

125 / T is my purchase price.
214 / pallet is my expected selling price, returned to the customer. But it may be different, because of the quality.
the margin is high because I intend to force on the advertisement.
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 02/08/12, 21:43

Thank you for this info. I will follow this very closely!

One last question: Do you know the percentage of hardwood / softwood in this pellet, and do you have "technical data"?

A+
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 02/08/12, 22:27

made of 100% hardwood sawdust (beech and oak)
Moisture content: <10%
Ash content: <0.7%
Net calorific value: 17.8MJ / kg
Density: 650kg / m3
0 x
Alex6
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Alex6 » 08/10/12, 15:48

On the Marseille side, the price of bulk delivered by blower truck is around 300 euros per ton (din + certified).

I was quite surprised by the price increase between the time I started considering wood pellets and my first delivery some time ago. I was rather expecting a rate of 250 euros.

There is little competition in our region.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/10/12, 16:11

There is no "objective" reason for that: the market is stable (see DEPV index in Germany or Propellet in France).

Afterwards, if a reseller in a monopoly situation plays the con artist, that's another thing ... On "open markets", that's the risk ...

Uh, don't hesitate to consult suppliers 100/150 km away!

[I recently saw wood in logs at more than 150 euros per cubic meter in a large DIY area ... It must be sold !!! So, in fact, we see everything!]
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/10/12, 16:38

Did67 wrote:Afterwards, if a reseller in a monopoly situation plays the con artist, that's another thing ... On "open markets", that's the risk ...

[I recently saw wood in logs at more than 150 euros per cubic meter in a large DIY area ... It must be sold !!! So, in fact, we see everything!]

and say that I have too much free wood nearby of each of my 3 at my house, (max 300m), which rots abandoned, over years, which it suffices to pick up and dry in the summer sun !!!!

And in addition, ultra very beneficial for health this exercise to collect this wood !!

And the shadoks will say that I ramble, once again, irrelevant !!!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/10/12, 17:29

The free wood from Dedeleco, which has been in the fleet, stuffed with sea salt, and which therefore gives off dioxin when it is burned!

: Cheesy: Well done "ultra-profit " for his health! Image
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/10/12, 17:50

I did not burn anything of this wood, but on all the coasts of France, full of people, ignorant, burn it, even outdoors, to clean the beaches, which become ultra clean with invisible dioxin, to make everyone breathe dioxin !!

My free wood is that of fallen trees, abandoned pruning, hedge trimming, etc. burnt in a good insert !!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/10/12, 19:54

Savings at end of candles, always as saturated with dioxins ...
dedeleco wrote:My free wood is that of fallen trees, abandoned pruning, hedge trimming, etc. burnt in a good insert !!

Did67 wrote:[...] In the meantime, he talks ... he causes the dedicate! [...] dedicated can preach. [...] For "wet" waste, the obsession with dedéléco (the boiler "burns everything") is not relevant, because a good part of the energy will pass in drying. And the emissions will be difficult to master ... Hello dioxins and other "cyclic carbon compounds" ...

After the wood recovered on the beaches stuffed with dioxin, it still recovers wood and plant waste elsewhere, still just as stuffed with dioxin!

: Mrgreen: Well done ! "The ultra-profitFor his continued health! Image
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/10/12, 20:24

The summer sun dries the logs very well, better than a little old pellets which have taken up the humidity of the ambient air.

I even have too many, free wood dried over 5 years under cover, super dry !!

Finally, given the number of people who burn wood full of salt, collected on 2000 km of beaches in France, there is still dioxin in the air arriving in Switzerland and that Obamot is breathing, before a nuclear power plant farts in France !!

Finally we can make a quick dryer with the logs warm near a stove or insert, which evaporate their residual moisture, which condensed on a cooler wall in the house, does not consume any drying energy, because we recover in the house the same amount of energy as that spent on evaporating water from the wood, around 40 ° C, (similar to a heat pipe).
And then we burn wood much drier than pellets with a very good yield.

In addition, we forget this very effective method of condensing pre-drying, even in beautiful, very expensive boilers, however, we can gain in yield, and above all no longer worry about the residual humidity level, with an automated pre-drying.
0 x