Pellets and wood pellets: what future for the price?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
casalanis
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by casalanis » 27/01/08, 23:55

Maybe your machine is good, buying it from several
, and using it in a cooperative way: like the agricultural CUMA.
The price is not too scary given the performance.
By making it work one day, it makes the heating material of a winter. Pretty good .
At most it works and we are autonomous.
0 x
Bougonnator
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bougonnator » 05/02/08, 17:15

Hello,
Are the pellets only made with sawdust from trunks or branches? Let me explain: I have a few plots of land to clear with old fruit trees, but also and above all bramble, species of lianas, and other invasive crap.
The whole represents volume which I will not know what to do if I start to clear it. The solution to burn everything as you go is the simplest, but I find this a shame as much to take the opportunity to heat up.
Do you think it is possible to recycle all this into pellets? Do you know of a company or user association as Casalanis said that is interested (in the west of the Paris region)?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 05/02/08, 19:26

Bougonnator wrote:Hello,
Are the pellets only made with sawdust from trunks or branches?

It takes fine sawdust, such as sawing boards or trunks with a saw (and not chopped wood, as obtained with a grinder!).

More, you have to dry it (less than 10% humidity, it is very dry, a bit like flour which still contains 10 to 15% humidity by hygroscopicity = absorption of water vapor from the air!).

Difficult to get in your situation!

The technically most suitable solution in your case is the wood chip boiler option. There are fully automatic ones, like for pellets.

This provided you have sufficient deposit : investment for 15 years (boiler + silo + screws etc ...)! Or a deposit of several tonnes per year for a house x 15 years!
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 18/04/08, 20:34

Message not really understandable just a copy of Did67's message :|

If it's not "Hello I live in Alsace and I would like you to inform me" located in subject of the message.

[edit = "Christine"] Deleted the offending message [/ edit]
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 19/05/08, 10:44

Christophe wrote:Not interesting if you do not resell ... these are machines 10 000 € HT mini ...

uhh no, the first price is 3492.32 € TTC (http://www.oliotechnology.fr/produits-p ... 5e-fr.html) which, if we do it together and we have an inexpensive source of sawdust can quickly pay for itself (that's +/- the price of 15 tonnes of pellets at 230 € / tonne without counting the 7,5, XNUMXKW consumed by the machine).
On the other hand, if there is no dry matter, you must add the 5370.04 € TTC of a dryer which, in addition to its higher price, consumes twice as much electricity.

PS: impossible to link the first URL, the bbCode does not like "|" pipes
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 19/05/08, 11:46

In any case, I can tell you that the pellets in bags will not increase in 2008 in Alsace. Perhaps they will even drop a little. ;)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/08, 10:30

Current price for Germany, little or no coupling with fuel oil, it's a GOOD THING !!

http://www.carmen-ev.de/dt/energie/pell ... reise.html
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/05/08, 13:29

Hello everyone,

Nice reassuring graphic for ... the Germans. Hyperindustrialized, with a highly developed wood culture (in the 2 sense of the term).

Perhaps these effects can be extended to Alsace / Lorraine / Jura, but certainly not to the whole of France, which starts from almost zero in pellets, both to supply the material and the fuel? :|
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 27/05/08, 14:33

It's very good for now.

So, as with diesel vehicles 10 years ago, everyone buys pellet boilers and in a few years, the price of pellets will also increase.

Oil boilers should be run with oil : Lol:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/05/08, 19:16

martien007 wrote:
You should run the oil boilers with oil: lol:

Pellets = transformation of a waste of the wood industry.

The French forest is largely underutilized, on average...

This does not exclude the risk that the prices of pellets will eventually go up.

Having said that, current trends clearly show that fears that the price of pellets will follow those of fuel "because of the wicked monopoly producers" are being beaten. Fuel oil is soaring, finally its price, and pellets are falling. If the merchants were purely sluts ...

That said, I believe that the time for cheap energies is over. The pellets may also rise sooner or later. But other prices will have exploded before then!

Oil: prices are already going up.

It is a food product, directly in competition with other food crops. I am pessimistic about the possibilities of expanding energy crops, while the tension in the food markets is already manifesting and it has not ended, even if the majority of the world population is not solvent ...

Europe is in the process of revising its point of view on the potential of biofuels. Some projects seem to me not far from the freeze (especially for economic reasons more than ethically - at the price of cereals, the bioethanol produced is simply not competitive even with gasoline at current gold prices! I speak from Europe, not extensive productions from Brazil or the USA).

There will remain the potential of second generation biofuels (recovering waste - straw, wood ...). With a risk of soil imbalance (which, in order to remain stable and to be structured, needs humus, resulting from the slow transformation of woody waste in the soil) ...

In addition, I also strongly believe that we will have to diversify energy sources. "Logically", oil would be preferred for mobile uses because it is the fuel with the highest energy density, including vehicles ... There will no longer be a solution for everything ... I think that it is wise to start thinking differently and no longer looking for "THE" one size fits all solution.
0 x