Notice stove wood Invicta Shaman

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
bruno88
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Notice stove wood Invicta Shaman

by bruno88 » 10/09/10, 18:29

Hello,

I hope to be in the right section to ask my question about a wood burning stove.

I also hope that I have here one or more answers that can help me.

I saw a wood stove brand invicta 14kw kind shaman, knowing that my main room is a little more 50m² (living room, dining room, kitchen) all open without any walls, the stove will be located in the middle of this room and my house is a half level. The standard rooms also made 50m² and that basement I also 2 rooms for 20m², I specify that I do not have a door to go in the basement and it is therefore open to access it, at least the door accede to the garage and located after its 2 rooms. A total living space of about 125m² / 135m² I think the stove will be enough.

but here is my question, I read right and left that this stove invicta released a lot of smoke when opening the door to reload it ..... would there be qqun who would already acquires or would have also had echoes about this little concern ?? people who complain about it say that they are forced to repaint the ceiling every year :(

Here are the features of the stove:

Power: kW 14

Efficiency:> 80%

green flame continuous fire 10 hours

Airwash
Log length: 33 50 cm cm horizontal to vertical

here are the manufacturer's links:

http://www.invicta-sa.com/pages/produit ... amane.html

What is the invicta stoves compared to supra, Godin and others?

Thank you for your answers

bruno
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/09/10, 22:45

I read on the right and left that invicta stove gives off smoke enormously when opening the door to charge this one ..... Would there he qqun which would have you already purchased or well have also had echoes on this little problem ?? people who complain say they are forced to repaint the ceiling every year

This problem of smoke emerging by opening the door exists on all the inserts and stoves at different levels, depending on the draft, the VMC in operation or not, the geometry above the door of the stove, as a chimney lintel advancing strongly above the door of an insert (my personal case) or not for a stove with no protection above the door!
For me, with insert, the lintel needs to be cleaned a little late winter, but not the ceiling!
To sweep the interior, once cold, I put a plastic sail around the fireplace and on the floor to avoid the dispersion of soot, much worse than opening the door to reload the wood.
To block this problem requires advanced above the stove receiving smoke swirling when opening the door.
A good chimney draft decreases the smoke, but the wind sometimes prevents the chimney to draw correctly.

Otherwise, everything depends on the insulation of your home 135m2, but a house of 60 years 70, quite usual, not well insulated according to current standards, this stove 14KW seems low, unless you have another heating, especially in the Vosges, not warm in winter (in altitude ??). becoming steady, reduced on 10h, it does not 14KW. The heat exchanger seems low, a simple flue gas deflector?

Personally, near Paris, less cold, I have a stronger insert so full of logs, especially with an internal heat exchanger with external circulator sending hot air into the upstairs bedrooms, which can quickly heat the room if necessary arriving a weekend. !!
Personally I would not accept your stove system without such an exchanger and circulating fast hot air heat for a home 135m2 to 2 levels! or with central heating boiler.
This is a far superior comfort.
Your stove heats only by natural convection, which is already long for you but low on many levels, especially if your home is poorly insulated (before 1990).
Your stove simple structure (single deflector in pdf) seems to have a good heat exchanger even if his performance reaches 80%, but what power 14KW, or at a reduced speed on 10h, (power how 3 to 5KW ??? because you load wood, open to 10h and 14 KW is for ??? 2h and 10h is 10 / 2 5 time = less power or 3KW ????? ??). The seller will have no answer to such basic questions !!
If you can not reload often, (to work on 8 absence 10h), this stove may be much lower, in the Vosges.
Any heater performed well at low speed because the fumes not stand too hot, having time to cool.
If you have a long discharge pipe smoke in your room, the performance will be better, the tube serving exchanger.
My insert has a double baffle plates 3, boring removed for sweep, because we swim in soot, but the exchanger is much better, yet insufficient maximum power !!
Take a look at the ease of disassembly and cleaning of this soot-filled baffle. We have the impression that nothing is planned on the map and you will fill your stay with soot!
The ashtray seems very small, too thin !! You will not stop to empty the ashes, especially with not perfectly dry wood and put everywhere, as it is very thin and light ashes flying everywhere.
To block the fumes that come out, opening the door, you have a very good draft with air inlets, no VMC too strong, nor winds, and strong advanced above the door (as Mantel) that deflects and receives the hot smoke that seek to rise, instead of the ceiling.
A large metal plate is suitable.

Apart from the aesthetics, I'm not excited by this choice of stove, at least for my home.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 11/09/10, 03:57

A good stove has a slow combustion has slow release smoke when the door is opened, it must be done very gradually accelerate to leave the gas in the chimney and avoid smoke in the house!

The best stove I had had a fresh air inlet in the device that could graft a pipe and take the air directly from the outside what had Benefit as not to create negative pressure in inside to bring cold air into the house but directly into the stove so no need to heat and as a bonus, much easier to turn without boucaner whole house when lighting!
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 11/09/10, 08:41

Hello,
Many current Poels have double combustion, and also, air is sent over the glass to keep it clean (allows to burn the carbon particles stuck on the glass)
When the door is opened, the air also causes smoke in the room.
In short, it is not the top, and indeed, the only way to reduce this nuisance is to gently open the door ...
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/09/10, 12:06

The Alain G board is very important to have a direct outside air supply for combustion, I have an insert in one of my houses.
Besides a good interchange with circulating hot air (or water) for space heating is fundamental.
Open the door slowly improves, but given the turbulence (gale, etc ..), there is still smoke coming spring, which warm up.
While protection in the form of great advance (or plate Mantel) above the door is effective because it receives the smoke in the cooling blocks and the climb to the ceiling.

In my opinion the stoves and inserts still have great room for improvement, but the price explodes !!
Keep the glass clean sending smoke into the room at each door opening is inconsistent progress !!
Exchangers are undersized, comparing gas boilers !!
Easy cleaning soot is almost absent !!
The risk of CO and asphyxiation is undervalued by difficult conditions and standards evacuate the problem by requiring large vents in the house (30cm2 !!), which cool the house to the point where the slightly absurd heating.
Aussi deaths by CO (300 per year in France) are numerous and especially among the poor who close the vents and do not know the CO risk, with enormous errors in the installation of their cheap stove.
The Alain G board is important because it decreases the need, if the air supply is well made and therefore greatly reduces the risk of CO and asphyxiation !!
!!
On this subject the pans are better designed to aggregate about it cleaner, but with the client trapped by the quite expensive pellets near other fuels, gas or electricity !!

Finally the Québecquois vocabulary has a refreshing air pirate:
much easier to light without boucaner whole house when lighting!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 11/09/10, 14:46

The little stove that I had made no smoke when opening the door yet fresh air was pushed into the window to keep it clean!

Here is the model:

The difference was really striking when I used the outside air option. I use this option after a boucanage of the house at night or it fesait -26C.

My brother in law had a big pan of the same company and that I consumed 60% of the wood to a larger home than his. he had a newer house but I had a house with the R-2000 standard, this little stove that was for only drawback of not giving a very fast heat stroke but well suited to not overheat the house!
:D
0 x

Alain
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/09/10, 15:21

In addition, this miraculous stove burns the wet wood perfectly:
Quote Alain G:
Disagree with you to wet wood! I have long wood heated with a wood stove and I can assure you that if the stove is able to reach a high temperature smoldering, semi moist wood gives better energy yields a very dry wood .

https://www.econologie.com/forums/post176993.html#176993

So where do we find this miraculous stove, make, model, map, tips, despite its simple appearance !!

Deeply interested !!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 11/09/10, 15:28

dedeleco wrote:In addition, this miraculous stove burns the wet wood perfectly:
Quote Alain G:
Disagree with you to wet wood! I have long wood heated with a wood stove and I can assure you that if the stove is able to reach a high temperature smoldering, semi moist wood gives better energy yields a very dry wood .

https://www.econologie.com/forums/post176993.html#176993

So where do we find this miraculous stove, make, model, map, tips, despite its simple appearance !!

Deeply interested !!

This stove is no longer available in the catalog of the company Drolet. This is unfortunate because it was very advanced for its time and the air intake in the back of the stove seems to be available on any model of the firm.

Note that this stove was manufactured specifically for a Mobile home.

It was not easy to manufacture because he used inside channels that warmed fresh air before discharging to the glass by increasing its volume, therefore the window needed very little cleaning, wood was positioned in the widthwise unlike other stove, the price was also very high compared with the other pan of the firm, maybe this is the reason for his disappearance.

http://www.drolet.ca/
0 x

Alain
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/09/10, 16:05

Very unfortunate disappearance ::
It is clear that nothing grows for sale poeles good !!!
On Drolet for the FX3000 found only record that is very good and valuable advice for any stove !!
A bone up to avoid mistakes!
http://www.drolet.ca/forcedownload.aspx ... 006667.pdf

Otherwise this leaflet strongly recommends dry and not wet wood !!
The stove had to be very tight.
Also why the wet wood had a good performance in this stove in Canada remains to clarify!
In very cold Canada, the draw must be better than not by cold wet weather in France !!

Secondly, if you burn well with plenty of water vaporized, to recover these calories in this steam water must condense this water in a condensing stove !! (which does not seem to exist unlike gas boilers, tar problems and soot).
The cold of Canada, if he succeeds in the tubes can help condense the steam before leaving the house, which then heats the house by recovering this water condensation heat. but then full of water was flowing down the exhaust pipe smoke ???
Complete combustion (helped by the cold of good draft, except boucanage?) Is fundamental followed by condensation of water vapor output of the exchanger, because then the yield can be as good as wet wood !!

Result, it remains only to realize his stove condensation !!!!!

I would be happy to have the plans for this miraculous stove with bricks, coarse same (principle).
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 11/09/10, 16:41

I would note that it burned very well the wood drying only a year but only after the use of outside air before the wood of 2 years gave the best performance.

There 9 years ago and I do not remember very much of its design, it was my first stove purchased and I thought at that time that all the stove had the same performance and it was a mistake on my part.

Combustion was very stable because I never touched the air inlet opening wrench leaving only the door slightly open for ignition.

Voci a small sketch of the fresh air system:

The red circuit was inside the stove, the price was double an equivalent in size.
0 x

Alain