Avis wood stove Godin Carvin or Invicta Bradford

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
campagne31
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Avis wood stove Godin Carvin or Invicta Bradford

by campagne31 » 27/01/10, 10:01

Hello

We are looking to install a cast iron wood stove and we hesitate between:
A Godin model Carvin 13Kw and an Invicta model Bradford of 12 Kw

Would anyone have any feedback from these brands?

cordially
Valérie and Olivier
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/01/10, 11:20

It is difficult to compare 2 precise models of stove on "paper".

The 2 brands mentioned are good and reputable so I think it's kif kif performance levels. 2 are green flames I presume?

After you have to see: the look (very subjective) and the price ... I personally like the Invicta, I find the value for money usually interesting.

I looked at the 2 models: they are very similar in terms of look, it's "classic" (like ours):

a) Godin Carvin:

b) Invicta Bradford:

The Godin has a lateral loading, which is super convenient (we have one on our Saey: we do not use the front door). Apparently the Invicta would not have according to their instructions: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... JjZ7iB.pdf

So if it's confirmed, my advice would be to take the Godin because load facade in continuous fire is misery... especially because of ashes or embers that can fall out of the stove!

I wrote last week an article about the choice of a wood heater you can read it here: https://www.econologie.com/comment-chois ... -4220.html

Did you try to do a little research: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php

Because people talking about godin already exist on forums.

For example, you can read this subject which is quite complete: https://www.econologie.com/forums/avis-sur-p ... t4794.html
0 x
campagne31
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by campagne31 » 27/01/10, 13:12

Hello

Thank you for this quick response.
Indeed the godin has a side load that does not have Invicta.

In addition, the Godin has a thermostatic regulation that does not have the Invicta either. But it is more expensive (1700 euro for Godin and 1100 for Invicta)

Our preference would go for Godin but, following various research (ex the opinion of Clarilau on this same forum) There would be some disappointed reviews by this brand that would not be as good bill as its reputation would suggest.

If users of Godin stoves could confirm or deny that, we would be takers.

cordially
Valérie and Olivier
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/01/10, 14:02

Ben Godin has a very wide range of products ... so to see if it is really this product that is the problem. But obviously the "perfect product" does not exist.

Look maybe if Invicta offers another model with side loading ... because the price / quality ratio at Invicta seems more interesting.

Thermostatic regulation? How it works because to (well) regulate must measure the T ° at the other end of the room ...
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 27/01/10, 14:17

thermostatic regulation

Ask yourself before to see what exactly it is.
I had an insert with "thermostatic regulation" = bidule which closes and opens the air valve = either you turn on the bottom or you foul the fireplace !!! : Evil:
0 x
Sometimes it is better to stop, reflect, and ask the right questions ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/01/10, 14:46

Yeah that's what I thought a valve on the draw: it's like our deom but on the water:

Yes, not top results on combustion (when closed to 100%)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/10, 16:45

campaign31, I can find something for you!

The Invicta Sedan which has a side load and is sold (2007 price) less than 1000 € for the Antracite version.

It weighs 126 kg.

It is in this comparison: https://www.econologie.com/forums/comparatif ... t6390.html

Contact us and let us know.
0 x
campagne31
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by campagne31 » 01/02/10, 13:00

Hello

Thank you for your answers.

I think we will choose the Godin for its appearance and its practical side.

I could give a more detailed opinion after use

A+
0 x
elmateo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by elmateo » 08/01/14, 12:12

Hello,

We have opted for the godin wood stove with this model Carvin. We took the smallest model in power, the 10.5 kW.

Rather seduced overall even though its running time is quite short (about 1H). Do not take this device for a home heater throughout the day, we learned at our expense that it is not made for that.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 08/01/14, 22:02

If you want it to heat up for over an hour you have to recharge : Mrgreen:
0 x