Appearance of wet spots on my placo

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Appearance of wet spots on my placo

by moby25 » 18/10/10, 07:49

Bonjour à tous

I noticed this morning that I had several wet spots on my backboard under my frame.

This is the room where we sleep, so heated, and it froze overnight. This room is not ventilated, but the humidity rate was 71% on waking.

It seems to follow the fixing rail, but not everywhere, because there is a place where the stain is large enough.

Last year, I had not had this problem and I did not touch the insulation there.

Do you have an idea ?

Thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/10/10, 10:00

It looks like condensation by thermal bridge. Can you take a picture?
Maybe there was a problem with the insulation under the plasterboard. Do you know what's behind?

71% is not a little but it is not too much as humidity especially in a room ... How much was it measured at? Because at 19-20 ° C it's not the same as at 14-15 ° C.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 18/10/10, 10:32

Is there a chimney flue (oil or gas boiler) near the spot ???
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 18/10/10, 16:26

It must have been around 18 ° c. And I don't have a chimney flue nearby.

For the photos, I will try to do it tomorrow morning.
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 21/10/10, 10:55

I could not take photos but here is on a drawing what I had. The drawing represents my roof pitch slope. The black ovals represent my wet spots, and a large wet spot on the right.

I'm going to have to dig up to see a little bit about it. I think I find a lack of glass wool on the right.
My question is how I will fill this lack of glass wool because I will access from above and not from below, that is to say that at the vapor barrier level I will not be able to do anything good.

I thought of putting wood wool which does not need a vapor barrier. (I don't have a rain shield)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/10/10, 13:28

Ah not bad the "photo" I hesitate to put it in the subject humor : Mrgreen:

In my opinion it will be easier for you to dismantle 1 or 2 placo plates to diagnose the problem than to go on the roof.

I know it hurts the heart to break finishes (but it gets done quickly) but go on a roof when you are not pro (so not necessarily insured and / or equipped), it should only be done in absolute necessity. ..
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 21/10/10, 16:13

If you had nothing and if it suddenly appears, like I had at home, you have a fagged or broken tile, almost invisible, even when climbing on the roof and you have to look with great care to find.
Look at what you have on the roof at the level of the leaks, to see if it is not a problem of water flow on the zinc under the tiles engorged with leaves and dirt which overflow, as I also had .
Condensation wets on the cold surface more than at depth.

Going on the roof is easy with ladders (one to climb and one of wooden roofer on the roof) and a harness while tying up with common sense !!
As for roofing professionals, I doubt their safety, given the number I have seen on roofs that are not roped and oblivious to the danger, while a rope and a harness divide the risks by 1000!

Personally, after Christmas 1999 with the storm, I bought myself the minimum mountaineering equipment for my trees and my roof (old camper with his advisers and books) and I climb 20m pines or my roof and its chimney, well roped with double rope !!! !!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 21/10/10, 16:21

It seems to follow the fixing rail,

indicates that the water arrives from the outside on this rail, and overflows, and therefore very likely that there is a leak on the roof, tiled roof or waterlogging, to look for with great care, otherwise we do not see this default !!.
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 21/10/10, 16:24

What is strange is that it appeared the day when your temperatures really dropped. There had been no rain
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/10/10, 16:29

Me too, I don't really believe in running away ... given the location of the tasks ...

But if you have frosty dew don't bother raining for drops.

Look for the grinder and open all of this before it is completely rotten from the inside !!

You don't even need to put the plasterboard down entirely, make a notch that is a little larger than a perimeter that contains all the tasks.

I just hope you have some paint left or that you know what paint it was. Otherwise a poster and we don't talk about it anymore :D

Then take pictures ...
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."