Appearance of wet spots on my placo

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/12/10, 18:46

Apparently it is especially the top and apart from the skylights, a point in the middle between the skylights and some air vents nevertheless, it is homogeneous the top melting first slowly, like many other houses around you (or your me and mine) with lhas snow which gradually settles down like to make a glacier down and the hot air that rises under the tiles to come out at the top of force !!
The north melts more slowly than the south too.
So apart from the humidity, this seems normal for this type of house.

Only you should not have moisture underneath on the battens and the glass wool.
Weak ventilation, or damaged tiles ???
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 22/12/10, 19:57

Yes, but that still means that there is hot air escaping from the house, right?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/12/10, 22:10

Probably air through the interstices of the tiles and wetting them, (if no damaged or defective tiles at the top of the roof) by condensing its humidity.
But even without air coming out, thermal convection of the air in the attic will cause heat losses, as long as there are holes and vents, also in the glass wool and the walls.

In my opinion the heat losses will be low (corresponding to the thickness of LDV) if you remove the current humidity under your tiles, battens, and your LDV and its vapor barrier, by finding its cause: defect of the roof or holes or vents that let too much hot air under a poorly ventilated roof ??. .
I do not have such humidity with a house no better.
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."