OKOFEN Pellematic, which setting?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Lolo23
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: OKOFEN Pellematic, what setting?

by Lolo23 » 14/01/22, 10:18

Hello,
I'm going back a bit on the thread concerning the production of DHW in the summer with the boiler. For the moment, I produce it with the electrical resistance in the summer but this solution suits me less and less from an ecological point of view and soon to be economical given the increase in electricity tariffs which will continue.
So I wanted to spend this year on the boiler knowing that we have a 210l tank and that we are not big water consumers. We currently have a range of 1h30 every evening and no pb.
I was therefore thinking of trying to switch to a cycle every 2 days (for summer only) like many of you in order to limit the cycles, but I have read that it is possible to optimize by choosing a minimum temperature which would retrigger the boiler rather than choose a fixed slot. I wanted to know where this setting was and if it required the installer code, which I don't know.
And on the post circulation, I saw that it was necessary to modify the factory setting which is 10 min, but for what new value?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/22, 11:14

Lolo23 wrote:Hello,
I'm going back a bit on the thread concerning the production of DHW in the summer with the boiler. For the moment, I produce it with the electrical resistance in the summer but this solution suits me less and less from an ecological point of view and soon to be economical given the increase in electricity tariffs which will continue.
So I wanted to spend this year on the boiler knowing that we have a 210l tank and that we are not big water consumers. We currently have a range of 1h30 every evening and no pb.
I was therefore thinking of trying to switch to a cycle every 2 days (for summer only) like many of you in order to limit the cycles, but I have read that it is possible to optimize by choosing a minimum temperature which would retrigger the boiler rather than choose a fixed slot. I wanted to know where this setting was and if it required the installer code, which I don't know.
And on the post circulation, I saw that it was necessary to modify the factory setting which is 10 min, but for what new value?

It is never wise to run a 15-20 kW boiler in summer for a need of a few kWh per day...that is to say, let's say 10 to 20 minutes of operation at nominal power per day...the rest is the day before and useless consumption!

As an alternative, it is better to turn off your boiler in summer (see in the spring depending on your other heating needs...) and:

a) Install a few PV solar panels, no need to declare them and bother you with administrative procedures for purchase prices since you simply want to clear your bill in summer. Budget: 1000€ if you do the installation yourself!

Some even do without the inverter and heat their DHW directly in DC! (I think there's a topic about it on forums)

b) Install a thermodynamic balloon or make this assembly that transforms your electric balloon into a thermodynamic balloon. Budget: 500 to 1500€

There are no particular difficulties if you're a bit of a handyman in plumbing... it's been running for 2 months at my house and it's spot on! It cost me 500€ or 1/5 of an equivalent thermodynamic balloon...(but I got the pump at 1/2 price)

water-pumping-filtration / transforming-a-solar-DHW-tank-into-thermodynamic-water-heater-with-a-small-swimming-pool-t17035.html

There are often used thermodynamic balloons (what reason?) but you have to come across them at the right time...
0 x
Lolo23
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lolo23 » 14/01/22, 11:33

Hello Christopher,
Thank you for your opinion and your two suggestions. For the PV, I don't have a well oriented roof, that of the boiler room is north, the house is east-west... But I had thought about it to erase part of my electricity consumption all year round.
For thermodynamics, I am not at all for it, even in summer. Many reliability problems (compressor, leak circuit) which are expensive and not profitable in my opinion. I have been an energy advisor for several years and have had a lot of negative feedback with premature replacement of parts. And we stay on electricity with a 5% increase per year. I would point out that I am not able to do the work myself!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/22, 11:40

A PV installation in the west is not bad! Especially in summer where you would need DHW heating...

You can even do 2 strings 1 EAST 1 WEST in parallel...but this is a bigger job...
0 x