Okofen pellematic compact boiler too hot

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Kevin f
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Okofen pellematic compact boiler too hot

by Kevin f » 25/10/20, 19:41

Hello everybody

I am stuck in the adjustment of my okofen pellematic compact boiler. I set the temperature at comfort 6 am-21pm 19 ° requested temperature (triggering below 16 ° ext) and reduced the rest of the time to 18 ° (triggering ext 14 °).
In my house, it's 22 ° so much too hot and I don't want my silo to be emptied in two months ...
I cannot lower the foot as indicated in the manual because it is at 20 ° and we cannot put lower.
I don't see the point of increasing the heating curve by 0,2 because then, for any degree less, it will heat the water even more ... What I'm obviously not looking for.
Has anyone had this case and what can I do?
Thank you in advance.
Kind regards.
1 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Okofen pellematic compact boiler too hot

by Pilpoill » 28/10/20, 07:24

Hello,

Give us more details;)

What are your current slope and base of curve?
Do you have a room thermostat in addition to your outdoor temperature sensor?
You are too hot, but for which outdoor temperature range? When it is 0, 5, 15?
1 x
Kevin f
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Kevin f » 30/10/20, 11:55

Hello Pilpoill,

Currently slope at 1,2 and foot of curve at 20 °.
Reduced mode from 21 p.m. to 9 a.m. at 18 degrees. Triggered if outdoor temp less than 13 degrees.
Comfort mode from 9 a.m. to 21 p.m. at 19 degrees. Triggered if the outside temperature is below 16 degrees.
At the moment the outside temperature varies from 9 to 16 degrees. Regardless of the outside temperature, I go up to 21-22 ° in the house and then go down again after a few hours when the combustion is over at 19,5-20.
Our lifestyle we want to have 19 on average. There is also the budget issue of having an overheated house.
No interior sensor, not recommended by our heating engineer because it causes too frequent on / off and is ultimately less reliable than an exterior sensor with a well-adjusted curve (which we obviously can't do).
Kind regards.
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 30/10/20, 13:53

Kevin F wrote:Hello Pilpoill,

Currently slope at 1,2 and foot of curve at 20 °.
Reduced mode from 21 p.m. to 9 a.m. at 18 degrees. Triggered if outdoor temp less than 13 degrees.
Comfort mode from 9 a.m. to 21 p.m. at 19 degrees. Triggered if the outside temperature is below 16 degrees.
At the moment the outside temperature varies from 9 to 16 degrees. Regardless of the outside temperature, I go up to 21-22 ° in the house and then go down again after a few hours when the combustion is over at 19,5-20.
Our lifestyle we want to have 19 on average. There is also the budget issue of having an overheated house.
No interior sensor, not recommended by our heating engineer because it causes too frequent on / off and is ultimately less reliable than an exterior sensor with a well-adjusted curve (which we obviously can't do).
Kind regards.

Hello,

I would need more information : Wink:
Is your boiler the Pellematic Compact 10-18 kW model?
What surface area does your house have, its level of insulation dates from which year, in which region, underfloor heating or by radiators?
What value is your circulator set to?

Then, the story of the indoor sensor that would only do on / off heuuuu that of Okofen (and undoubtedly many other brands) works perfectly as long as it is well located and adjusted as desired. of the end customer. It is there to correct a heat input (cooking, friends, sun) such as a temperature that is too cool due to the wind for example. Let's go over this advice that you had and which seems to me to go the opposite of the comfort that you wish to have quickly.

To regulate a water law, you would ideally need several days in a row with mild, overcast and windless weather, then the same thing in very cold weather.
So no disturbance due to sun or wind.

What I am going to write will not necessarily please you but to settle a water law there are principles to respect:
The heating must be in the comfort position throughout the adjustment period, day and night.
There is therefore no need for a reduced time slot or even a cut-out because your external setpoint of 16 has been exceeded.
All your thermostatic valves must be opened to the maximum.
A setting made at X a.m. one morning cannot be instantaneous or even effective in just a few hours. Everything must stabilize with each modification of your water law. A delay of 18 / 24h may seem long between each change but each home reacting differently may take a little longer.

If you are ok in principle, you will then have to take more precise readings than those you indicate :|
Time of measurement, outdoor temp, indoor temp.
Because from 9 to 16, we are wide. Ditto for the interior between 21 and 22.
Where is your indoor thermometer positioned and are you comfortable when it reads 20?

Sorry, I like the questions and the pictures : Wink:

A little reading to better understand: https://blog.elyotherm.fr/2013/08/regla ... auffe.html
0 x