Boiler Okofen Pellematic that heats not enough

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Syl71
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Boiler Okofen Pellematic that heats not enough

by Syl71 » 09/12/19, 08:44

Hello everyone,

New on this forumbecause we bought an Okofen Pellematic boiler with regulation and room thermostat. The concern is that some days ... like there at the moment I'm not very hot, cast iron radiators (old), are just lukewarm, and the boiler:

Right now

CF1 leaving temperature:
measure 37.6 ° C
set point 8 ° c

CF 1
measure 23.4 ° C
set point 23 ° c

I need to open the door of the room or the thermostat to lower the temperature to 23 ° to activate the circulator and the valve!
Today, it is colder than yesterday, but no heating.

Yesterday, good weather, sun ..
boiler has been running all day ... valve and circulator open!

here

CF 1 leaving temperature:
measure 52.1 ° C
set point 51.6 ° c
CF1
measure 24.5 ° C
set point 23 ° C

This can help you better understand
Slope at 1.6
32.5 curve foot c

another problem, the expansion tank goes down to almost 0 when the boiler is low in temperature, reference to 8 °

Well, I do not know if you can help us, seen with our plumber but for him everything is normal, he just tells me, she manages everything ...! and for the vase that the membrane is not yet really peeled off. Thank you in advance and good day

Syl
0 x
Christophe

Re: Boiler Okofen Pellematic that heats not enough

by Christophe » 09/12/19, 08:58

Hi Syl,

First thing to do: change plumber ... : Mrgreen: his answer is casual because for a boiler regulates it must be well done!

I have no oekofen boiler but several members here have one, some for years.

Start by putting a little pressure in the circuit and air in the vase! Inflate it to 3 bar ... if you want a more accurate calculation look here: heating-insulation / vase-and-boom-tuning-of-the-pressure-and-mounting-t9118.html

For the rest I do not know the boiler so I let those who know how to answer!
0 x
Syl71
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Syl71 » 09/12/19, 17:30

Christophe wrote:Hi Syl,

First thing to do: change plumber ... : Mrgreen: his answer is casual because for a boiler regulates it must be well done!

I have no oekofen boiler but several members here have one, some for years.

Start by putting a little pressure in the circuit and air in the vase! Inflate it to 3 bar ... if you want a more accurate calculation look here: heating-insulation / vase-and-boom-tuning-of-the-pressure-and-mounting-t9118.html

For the rest I do not know the boiler so I let those who know how to answer!

Thank you Christophe ....!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/12/19, 18:12

Odd indeed .... It still looks more like a real malfunction (an organ that does not work in the right direction or that works badly) than a problem of adjustment.

If you have not already done so, you can try to refer to the previous links that I mentioned here recently, we never know, it worked in this case, Sianure had found.

heating-insulation / adjustment-boiler-OKOFEN-easypell-t16176.html

Good luck.
0 x
philippe from 16
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by philippe from 16 » 09/12/19, 18:57

Good evening everyone,

as Christophe says in his message:
Christophe wrote:Important: it is essential to make the precharge (1 step) of the expansion tank when there is no water pressure, because after, necessarily, water pressure and air s' balance!
Here is another representation of the setting:

Source: https://www.econologie.com/chauffage-ma ... -4209.html

It is very important to adjust the pre-inflating pressure of the expansion vessel with a water circuit with a pressure of zero and free flow (drain valve of the open circuit or decanter).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/12/19, 21:24

Thank you so many times I say interesting things! : Mrgreen:

Add an expansion vase not inflated at all it is no longer an expansion tank ... it's just nothing!

So the excuse of the plumber who says that the membrane should come off better is rather serious for a guy in the business!
0 x
Syl71
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Syl71 » 10/12/19, 15:03

philippe from 16 wrote:Good evening everyone,

as Christophe says in his message:
Christophe wrote:Important: it is essential to make the precharge (1 step) of the expansion tank when there is no water pressure, because after, necessarily, water pressure and air s' balance!
Here is another representation of the setting:

Source: https://www.econologie.com/chauffage-ma ... -4209.html

It is very important to adjust the pre-inflating pressure of the expansion vessel with a water circuit with a pressure of zero and free flow (drain valve of the open circuit or decanter).

thank you ... but then I must admit that it's a little too technical for my brain : roll: : Lol:
0 x
Syl71
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Syl71 » 10/12/19, 15:19

Christophe wrote:Thank you so many times I say interesting things! : Mrgreen:

Add an expansion vase not inflated at all it is no longer an expansion tank ... it's just nothing!

So the excuse of the plumber who says that the membrane should come off better is rather serious for a guy in the business!

I must admit that the plumber is seriously starting to "force-feed" us, and yes the turkey and geese seasons are coming !!!

Like what to work people that we know a little too much and not always the easiest for the after ... he must come back to ask a radiator and after the installation will be finally over and that's where I think it will get stuck, today still the boiler turns then ... hop goes frost 8 ° and it is necessary to wait for hours for it returns hot water in the radiators .... it gives me d ' have an installation more than 18000 € that it is not the top !! I thought may be naively that a boiler made sure that we are all the time the requested temperature, there is more yoyo ... .24.5 -23 ° °! finally thank you to all of you for your answers.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/19, 10:49

Hence the interest of paying the balance (2/3) of an invoice * only upon receipt as seen here Works...

Payment for a boiler can be made over 1, 2 or even 3 months (see more following negotiation) after receipt, especially for such sums feeling the € 20k, enough time to test the operation ...

Another option you have: play the warranty ... there are courts for that ... I think neither you nor he want to get there ...

But equipment installed by a pro must work point bar!

* even more particularly true in expensive real estate work ...
0 x
Syl71
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Syl71 » 15/01/20, 10:30

Hello ...

So after a lot of reading and looking in the user manual, I think I finally managed to find good data "continuous heating"!
To start, I blocked the room thermostat, then I looked at the side of the slope and heating curve ...
right now 5,6 ° in the mornings and day 13, 16 °, the setting is this

slope: 1.4
heating curve: 37.5

result the radiators remain lukewarm and no longer cold for hours like before!

I will just have to find the right slope and curve for cool, humid weather.

Thank you to all the contributors to this forum ...
0 x