Burner frying oil

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Bobino
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Burner frying oil

by Bobino » 21/09/09, 18:34

Hello,

I am new to this Forum (which is incidentally my first).

Do not send me a "Congratulations" message ...

I work in a community and I would like to be able to do tests (with combustion control etc ...) allowing to operate a fuel oil burner with vegetable frying oil.

I quickly read that there had been all-out experiments by madmen (geotrouvetou ... etc ...) and that pleases me as a philosophy.

Who can guide me in my approach in order to avoid fumbling and redoing the mistakes that others have already made?

I have boilers of 200 to 500 kW of power ...

Thank you for your answers and your (good) tips
0 x
Bobino
Flytox

by Flytox » 21/09/09, 18:38

Hello Bobino

The main mine of information is here:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/bruleur-ch ... t2357.html

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 21/09/09, 18:48

This will not prevent the econology cat from welcoming you with meowing of pleasure, welcome to the club and ...

...Meow :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 21/09/09, 20:07

Hello

a heavy fuel oil burner works very well with frying oil in these powers.
and then you will be safe
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 22/09/09, 11:11

boubka wrote:Hello

a heavy fuel oil burner works very well with frying oil in these powers.
and then you will be safe

Hello Bobino,
I find Boubka's answer quite good.
But maybe you should give us more technical info on your burners (maybe pictures)
200 to 500kw? it means heavy consumption
Do you have the possibility of having a lot of oil, or would it simply be a possibility to reduce the purchase of fuel?
Another question: what is the recovery based on? trips, a possible recovery somewhere?
Any recovered oil must be filtered, it is necessary to provide means for this.
So a little more explanation would be helpful to move in the right direction :D
But if not, the oil, or the fat, yes it burns well :D
And like you say, you shouldn't do anything, and each case is different.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Frying oil burner

by oli 80 » 24/11/21, 22:17

Hi everybody,

here is a homemade boiler and its frying oil burner

another upcoming video from the same author, follow his youtube channel
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 25/11/21, 16:50

For the frying oil I am fine, but not the used used oil.

I had an uncle who was a mechanic who had a stove that burned the garbage. An industrial device.
But he had to stop, about twenty years ago. Formal prohibition.
In used engine oil, there are heavy metal residues that rot the air ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/11/21, 18:08

If I remember correctly, the purpose of this ban was to prevent pyralene transformer oils from being burned, with what that implies the emission of sympathetic dioxins ... : Mrgreen:
I think that this type of transformer insulation no longer exists at the present time, but it is more interesting to force it to go through heating modes that are not free ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 27/11/21, 08:48

If memory serves, macro has been using frying oil to heat her house .... for years ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 27/11/21, 12:48

Yes ... I started with a fully automated homemade ball burner, then I switched and stayed for about ten years now with a Kroll pneumatic spray burner. Such a burner is now bought cheaply from the Chinese and at a lower price still it can be made with counterfeit parts on aliexpress ...

But ... Burning vegetable oil (especially used) is not an easy method of heating ... Because the maintenance of the burner is heavy ... I have very rarely spent more than one week without this thing breaking down, nozzle clogged, flame grip clogged, heating reserve clogged, feed pump clogged, frozen, various and varied leaks, compressor broken, presence of water in the frying which causes you a boil over in the reserve, air solenoid valve blown, level switch blocked; in short a real happiness : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: In addition ... Veolia and others have rounded up a large part of the producers ... The resource is gradually drying up ... and burning new oil does not solve many technical problems, let alone ethical problems

In general ... When I am asked for advice on heating with oil, the first advice I give is to take pictures of the initial state of the boiler room .... Then I show the pictures of the mine ..... It immediately discourages ... I followed on another site the evolutions of an installation cobbled together by the tenants of a house ... When they folded the saplings ... The owner came across them I can guarantee you that the savings in fuel they have somewhat regretted ...
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...