Need advice ... What settings for a pellet boiler?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Phil532140
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Need advice ... What settings for a pellet boiler?

by Phil532140 » 04/03/18, 08:49

Thank you Sicétésimple and hello Dirk Pitt,
Dirk that's exactly what's going on! So for you, in this case, you have to decrease the speed? (If it's really too slow, how would I know?) What I'm going to do.
However, I do not have a valve on the return to reduce the flow ...
In fact there was no problem as long as the requested temperature did not exceed 50 °.
I discovered this boiler for 2 months, I try to understand how it works ...
So suddenly unnecessary to adjust the launch of the circulator from 65 °?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/03/18, 17:03

Phil532140 wrote:Thank you Sicétésimple and hello Dirk Pitt,

You're welcome.

Personally I did not understand anything at this 55 ° C threshold which starts (and stops?) The circulator while switching the three-way valve?
I understand correctly when starting from a cold state of the boiler, we start by heating it, but how does it work in normal operation if the water temperature setpoint according to the heating law is less than 55 ° C?
0 x
Phil532140
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Phil532140 » 04/03/18, 17:08

When the requested temperature is lower the v3v mixes with the return temperature.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/03/18, 17:25

Phil532140 wrote:When the requested temperature is lower the v3v mixes with the return temperature.

Well, it would certainly take a diagram for me to understand ... No problem!
The important thing is that you understand!
Does it work better with warmth?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 04/03/18, 17:38

no, you confuse boiler temperature and radiator flow temperature.
the radiator flow temperature is that which is controlled by the water law and varies according to the heating requirement. the adjustment is made by the V3V which mixes part of the return water with the starting water to obtain the set temperature.
on the other hand the boiler temperature is regulated around a single setpoint around 70 ° approximately.
only the variation in demand of the V3V influences the boiler temperature.
typically, when the V3V opens to send water into the radiator circuit, it lowers the boiler temperature which attempts to raise its temperature to its set point by 70 ° but if it does not arrive and falls below d 'a protection limit, the circulator cuts to protect the boiler. these transient regimes hinder the operation of pellet boilers.
reducing the speed of the circulator makes it possible to slow down the temperature variations so that the boiler has time to absorb the variations in load and function in steady state.
most radiator networks do not require a large flow. in theory, if the flow is lowered, the radiator flow temperature must be raised to have the same emitted power. it also depends on the type of radiator. but I really recommend having a fairly low speed.
0 x
Click my signature
Phil532140
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Phil532140 » 04/03/18, 17:49

Thank you for this explanation. So the temperature that drops is that of the boiler, not that of the water that goes to the radiators. You mean I may have to increase the values ​​of the heating curve?
Philippe.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 04/03/18, 18:17

yes but not so sure. the settings for the heating curve are long term. you have to do groping over a whole season.
0 x

Click my signature
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/03/18, 18:50

dirk pitt wrote:no, you confuse boiler temperature and radiator flow temperature .....

OK, I understand better, thank you.
Does this mean that to limit the number of these transients, it would be better to lower the set temperature to 45 ° C for example if it were possible rather than increasing it to 65 ° C as our friend did ? The question is only valid to check if I understood correctly, I did not say to do it!
0 x
Phil532140
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Phil532140 » 04/03/18, 19:13

sicetaitsimple wrote:OK, I understand better, thank you.
Does this mean that to limit the number of these transients, it would be better to lower the set temperature to 45 ° C for example if it were possible rather than increasing it to 65 ° C as our friend did ? The question is only valid to check if I understood correctly, I did not say to do it!

Indeed it would go in the same direction ... The basic value is 55 ° C on this boiler.
What does Dirck think?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/03/18, 07:07

lowering the boiler protection temperature would prevent the pump from shutting down and help to have less thermal disturbances but it is absolutely not desirable for the longevity of the boiler heating body.
anyway, if the boiler temperature falls below 55 ° while its set point is (should be) around 70 °, it is that there is a disturbance so enormous that it must be sought and eliminated .
the other thing you can do is find out what the boiler set temperature is.
0 x

Click my signature