Need help with living space insulation (Sarking)

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 24/05/12, 13:42

That's right with me there are 2 dogs sitting on the north side and a skylight on the south.
The velux in the south is not a good choice but I'm not going to redo a dog sitting, with an external blind I will reduce the magnifying glass effect of the velux window. The thin insulation is rolls with aluminum foil and multilayer insulation in white sheets in general. It is not really insulating but it will cut wind while letting the roof breathe.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 24/05/12, 22:16

PITMIX wrote:That's right with me there are 2 dogs sitting on the north side and a skylight on the south.
The velux in the south is not a good choice but I'm not going to redo a dog sitting, with an external blind I will reduce the magnifying glass effect of the velux window. The thin insulation is rolls with aluminum foil and multilayer insulation in white sheets in general. It is not really insulating but it will cut wind while letting the roof breathe.

be careful because there is controversy over the famous thin insulation but other can tell you much better than me.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 24/05/12, 22:50

The controversy is quickly summarized, because scientifically obvious, almost scam, which confuses the insulation for Dewar under good vacuum (super-insulation at NASA) with this similar thing full of air which isolates only little more than the same thickness of still air between 2 sheets of aluminum paper !!.

confirmed by measurements on an econology post.

It lacks the good vacuum which would then divide by 10 the thickness, for the same insulation !!

But this is very impossible to cut the dimensions while keeping the empty !!!

Nevertheless some are trying to develop under vacuum in Germany !!
0 x