My observations and boiler settings ÖkoFEN

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
tautin25
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

My observations and boiler settings ÖkoFEN

by tautin25 » 14/11/11, 22:25

Good evening, I'm not very active on this forum but I read your exchanges regularly.

I have just re-read these last very active dialogues since September. Most of the newcomers' questions about this forum (the new Okofen boiler owners) are concerned with the oscillations (opening - closing valve heating) and the lengthening of the boiler cycle.
I note with respect and admiration that Did67, manet42 and a few others still provide their enlightened advice.
There is however one point that concerns me, the parameter of the "mini boiler temperature" regulation is never mentioned. :!: It was however that which allowed me to obtain a continuous operation of the heating (without closing V3V with each boiler ignition) and an extension of the cycles.
What do you think of my settings http://granuleconso.free.fr/xmedia/Reglage_chaudiere.pdf and what I tell on my website http://granuleconso.free.fr/?/02-Regulation-et-reglages/ :?:
Are my observations and explanations fair and clear to the initiates and can they interest a beginner :?:
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 15/11/11, 09:05

thank you tautin25, you do well to remember this point that is essential and that is lost in the endless meanders of the subjects okofen shadocks that we are.

You had to raise this wolf which makes that the regulation does not work as it is indicated in the doc (in better)
your shift of a few degrees allows the famous dissociation between the closing V3V and the restart boiler, because of the famous oscillations.

I put here an extract of the original discussion and the link to the post where you describe your settings.

dirk pitt wrote:

Temperature mini boiler: a higher value of 3 ° C at the minimum temperature of the pump activation (parameters on boiler and control), ie 63 ° C, triggers ignition of the burner above the fatal closing temperature Of the valve and pump ...

Verification done is false
See paragraph 16 of the doc okofen V2 or paragraph 4.3.6 of the document V1. It is said that the boiler T is the temperature at which the mixing valves open (or close in the direction in which they arrive)
So the burner must restart on a different criterion than the hot T lim, otherwise it is lost, the V3V will close and then reopen when the temperature rises.
The only other criterion that can restart the boiler earlier is the hysteresis calculated from the stopping temperature.

The various information exchanged on this subject are calling on me. I am the author of the site http://granuleconso.free.fr And therefore the author of the quotation on the mini boiler temperature.
dirk pitt says "I strongly recommend to set pump Tlim higher than hot Tmin; eg 64 ° and 60 °".
In my case, it is exactly the opposite and I wanted to check these parameters on my installation.
My parameters with white control V1.15M, boiler controller CMP2.33
Boiler:
Boiler ++: 15 °
T min warm: 63.0 °
T max hot: 90.0 °
T lim pump: 60.0 °
Heating :
T max departure: 48.0 °
T min min: 20.0 °
Heating ++: 5.0 °
What I see: the boiler stops at 63 + 15 = 78.0 ° and restarts at 63.0 °. For me this behavior allows a boost before passing under the 60.0 ° T lim pump. If the boiler temperature goes below 60.0 ° (exactly at 60-1 °), the V4V closes AND the pump stops (simultaneous stop checked many times).
I have tested the settings of dirk pitt and inverted Tmin hot and Tmin pump which I positioned respectively at 60.0 ° and 63.0 °.
I observed a complete cycle, the boiler was stopped at 57 °: ignition on regulated heating with T.chaud cons 75.0 ° (T min hot + boiler ++ is 60 + 15)
After boiler stop at 75.0 ° the temperature drops, passes 63.0 ° without any action, the pump is running and the V4V remains open while the pump is at 63.0 °.
The boiler restarts at 60.0 °, the temperature continues down to 59.4 ° before rising. No valve closure or pump stop (there is an offset of 1.0 °) which occurs only at 59.0 °. The present mild temperature produces a low charge.
I have of course restored the parameters to their starting state in order to avoid closing V4V + stop pump by high load.
I have advised these settings to zefred72 who contacted me about this.

What do you think of this experience, do I have the only regular that reacts this way?

Posted on: Game 09 Dec 2010, 09: 51
Thank you for your experimentation tautin25.
You just raised a very important wolf.
Visibly, okofen modifies the logic of operation without updating the documentation because the functioning you describe is absolutely not the one described in doc
The operation you describe is much better than that of the doc.

Indeed, according to the documentation, the hot Tmin is associated with the closing of the V3V which is an aberration and has forced a number of us to find more or less effective tricks to overcome this problem.
If the closing of the V3V is associated with Tlim pump (in addition to the stop pump) this is very good and it actually allows to dissociate the protection by closing the reboot burner.
By allowing the boiler to restart before closing V3V, the operation is much less disturbed.
What is amazing in your description of your second experiment is that you say that despite the Tlim pump 63 ° the pump does not stop when passing through 63 °
In any case, thank you for your lighting. I have only the TEM regulator and my advice was based strictly on the description of the doc and the parallel with what I did on my regul TEM which also cuts the V3V at the same temperature as the burner boot.

This problem of dissociation between the closure V3V and the burner start having burst a lot of people and being the source of a number of instabilities, I suggest that you make a new subject of style: okofen, burner boot and V3V closure so To describe precisely this case (I hope that it remains true on the versions V2.xx)
Current posts on okofen are already crowded and not easily readable.

https://www.econologie.com/forums/oekofen-demarrage-bruleur-et-fermeture-v3v-t10256.html
0 x
Click my signature
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 22/11/11, 21:40

Hello,
first feedback from experience after decreasing the power of my boiler from 32 to 25kW, electronic clamping 22kW and modification of some settings taking my inspiration a little from those of Tautin (that is, I was not very far!) .
For outside temperatures currently varying between 3 ° at night and 12 ° at day, I have cycles of 1h on average. Not bad is not it?
I think I'm getting closer to the point of balance, the grail of the pellet boiler!
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 22/11/11, 22:10

Good news, so ...
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 23/11/11, 19:54

roy1361 wrote:Good news, so ...

Damn you edited your msg!
I was going to say that you had reached not the grail but the granular nirvanâ with continuous cycles!
Indeed, in hindsight I think that 20kW would probably have been enough for me, with a stove in the ground floor in support in case of big climatic hard blow.
But what is done ... And I think that my 25kW restrained to 22 electronically will definitely find its place with some adaptations. Finally we are really in the quilting is more because it amuses me to adjust!
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 23/11/11, 21:56

tomgey wrote:Damn you edited your msg!

Yes, I edited because I was a little mixed brushes ... My apologies.

I was going to say that you had reached not the grail but the granular nirvanâ with continuous cycles!

By cons yes, there I was right. My machine goes into continuous operation from + 6 ° and below. I must say that I am quite satisfied :-)

A+
0 x