Optimization method of the circulator of your boiler

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
searcher
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by searcher » 20/11/08, 09:55

I am delighted with your enthusiasm :-)
A little extra detail anyway.

The room thermostat I use is a wireless model that is ..... smart.
This means that, at night for example, when I have not programmed any "heating" it switches on the burner 3 x per hour for 1 minute. This sequence is programmable but the minimum values ​​are those I just mentioned. This appears to be a process intended to protect the boiler .....

So 3x per hour:
- the burner starts
- my probe placed on the outlet pipe reaches 50 °
- all my house heats up until the water in the boiler drops below the 50 ° that I have defined

Isn't it great ????
On a 10 hour night I unnecessarily heat my house for minimum 80 minutes !!! (often more since my probe stops the circulator much later).
Quick calculation: 10 x winter duration = 240h or 20 12-hour days ...
This is economy :-(

So I opted for another weapon:
- permanently active circulator
- probe on the outlet pipe connected in series to activate the circulator only in actual heating demand
- I use my old fixed thermostat that I installed, too, in series on my circulator et on my probe and which cuts, whatever happens from 22:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
With that .... no more untimely heating at night.

On the other hand, the boiler has already set in temperature protection (2 times in 1 year) and I wonder why ......
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

improved water circulation

by bobono » 26/11/08, 19:10

0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: improvement of water circulation

by I Citro » 26/11/08, 21:31

bobono wrote:With this one it should get better

http://www.letelegramme.com/gratuit/gen ... 546549.php

An engine is not strictly speaking a boiler ...

This link would no longer have a place in a subject on trawler water doping ...
I think the subject has already been dealt with ...
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 26/11/08, 21:49

researcher wrote:On the other hand, the boiler has already set in temperature protection (2 times in 1 year) and I wonder why ......

Temperature protection = overheating protection ??
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 26/11/08, 22:36

On the other hand, the boiler has already set in temperature protection (2 times in 1 year) and I wonder why ......

: Idea: I think I know why ...
I just did my assembly like yours (an aquastat in series on the circulator)
I noticed that the aquastat probe "lags" a little to rise in T °, ​​compared to the T ° of the boiler.
Then, the circulator does not start fast enough, the boiler stops pcq it arrives at T °, ​​but the inertia of the boiler continues to raise the T °, ​​and the boiler goes into safety.
Solution: decrease like me, the temperature of the aquastat which is in series with the circulator.
Instead of putting 50 ° c of deposit, you put 25 ° c.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 26/11/08, 22:53

lejustemilieu wrote:Solution: decrease like me, the temperature of the aquastat which is in series with the circulator.
Instead of putting 50 ° c of deposit, you put 25 ° c.

Yes, but by doing this, the circulator only stops at 25 ° : Shock: :?:
Which is contrary to the desired effect ...

Would be better then either:
-If possible put the probe directly in a thermowell of the boiler, so that the aquastat mount together
-if not possible, "stick" the probe to the pipe with high temperature contact grease, and insulate around it, so that the probe reacts as well as possible
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 26/11/08, 23:02

Would be better then either:
-If possible put the probe directly in a thermowell of the boiler, so that the aquastat mount together
-if not possible, "stick" the probe to the pipe with high temperature contact grease, and insulate around it, so that the probe reacts as well as possible

100% agree
In my case, I leave at 25 ° c, because my boiler turns very little
It is the wood stove that turns in general; the boiler does not start until the house temperature drops below 18 ° C.
So my boiler is running once a day max. So my goal is to turn off the circulator when the boiler is off, and it has "eliminated" all of its calories in the radiators.
For Researcher, the situation is a little different.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
searcher
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by searcher » 26/11/08, 23:09

Indeed !!!
The key is to find the ideal compromise.

But it is an economical and effective solution.

Good night :-)
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 30/11/08, 18:33

Priority is good maintenance : Cheesy: .
Example not to follow on an oil boiler:
ImageImage
I did not reduce the photos to see the dirt inside.

Anyone know the ideal standard 2101 boilers from the 90s with original burner. Were they good boilers?
0 x
luc25
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by luc25 » 08/12/08, 14:14

Hello everyone,

I started by posting in the subject of capt_maloche on the improvement of the oil burner, but this is where I need to post.
I have a Buderus Logana boiler from the early 80s. I have fitted it with a programmable room thermostat which activates it according to time slots.
reading this forum, I wanted like you to turn off my circulator during the hours (days) or the boiler does not work since I also have a wood stove. my boiler only switches on at a temperature of 17 °. so I tinkered with wiring with a contactor and an adjustable time relay. the contactor starts the boiler under the impulse of the room thermostat, and the timed relay starts the circulator at the same time, under the same command, and it maintains the functioning of the circulator for 20 minutes after the burner has been stopped by my thermostat .
What do you think ?
0 x