Water heating mat

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Water heating mat

by the middle » 19/12/10, 07:03

Hello,
Here's an idea that bothers me:
The underfloor heating works very well.
I would like to install one at home, but I don't want to break all the tiles.
So I wondered why there is no heating mat to connect to the central heating circuit. (Or to a radiator)
We will simply put it on the tiles.
Yes, you would need a three-way valve, and a small circulator.
It exists well in electric ...
No need to cover the entire surface of the house.
I'm not saying it's very simple to design, but it seems possible to me.
Okay, go ahead break my idea, tell me I have to stop smoking the carpet.
:D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/12/10, 10:54

Pkoi break? It seems interesting to me ... a priori.

The only (big) concern that I see at the idea is the connection to the hydraulic network: there are not many houses that are equipped with an apparent return trip in the living room ...

Would you like to remove the carpet after the heating season? If yes, provide (at least) quick couplings and an air purge

Connected to a hydraulic stove to heat the adjacent room it seems very feasible ...

In terms of production, it would be quite easy to test a prototpe with a "foldable" solar panel (generally for swimming pools) made of EPDM or equivalent.

ps: not the carpet, the carpet : Mrgreen: : Lol:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/12/10, 11:31

Hello Lejuste

Interesting 8)
Does it have to cover all or part of the surface of the room?
If it is the entire surface, it must collect the weight of the furniture, the problem is more delicate.

If it just supports the weight of people and the wear of the shoes the choice of materials is wider.

You can put on the ground a plastic coil (like those of the underfloor heating) connected to the heating, with a wooden frame (it will make a small step but good ...).
You can fill the voids to level / support the load of the furniture, with a layer of sand, fine gravel, wood shavings, earth?, You cover everything with large tiles (metal, wood, ceramic etc.) .)

It's playable.
:P
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/12/10, 11:43

Flytox wrote:Does it have to cover all or part of the surface of the room?

I answer for him, because if I understood correctly it is to make the improved booster, that is to say more or less move the carpet.

A carpet that would have the dimensions of a room: I do not see too much interest compared to conventional heated floors ... + the problems you just said ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/12/10, 12:13

It is the reversibility aspect that interests him !? That we can remove everything to convert the room etc ... without breaking everything.

There would be another system is to use the bed base to make a water mattress which at the same time makes a radiator. There is enough space for the shelter, removable (depending on connection), also playable : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/12/10, 14:58

The problem is the temperature under the feet which can be lower by increasing the surface to the maximum possible with flat or thin pipes under a carpet with metal fins ???
If 25 to 30 ° C are supported under the feet and a 3-way mixing valve is required to control the T of the water entering the carpet.
For example, schematically, if you want max 25 ° C in water for 20 ° C (5 ° C difference) in the room you need instead of a 1m2 radiator at 50 ° C (30 ° C difference of T) an area 30/5 = 6 m2 of exchange with thin or flat flexible pipes every 10cm approximately with fins (thin aluminum sheets).
The mat will not be very foldable.
Commercially it is achievable ?????
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 20/12/10, 06:38

Sorry, I was at work.
If it is the entire surface, it must collect the weight of the furniture, the problem is more delicate.

This is one of the problems, but it can be overcome in my opinion.
Dimensions? .. I will say "à la carte"
Christophe, yes to connect to a radiator, for example, it's still a small problem to solve.
Yes, low temperature, of course (so 3-way valve, and small circulator)
In any case, to make such a quality product, you need a big technical study, and an industrialist to make it.
Too bad it doesn't exist because, I will be one of the first customers.
The gain in comfort would be obvious (the heating bill too)
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 20/12/10, 09:38

The rubber solar heating pads seem to me to be suitable. No need to heat under the cupboards, on the other hand I don't know if it will appreciate the legs of chairs ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/12/10, 11:23

lejustemilieu wrote:Too bad it doesn't exist because, I will be one of the first customers.

Remember your idea (on these forums) in 2007 on a global consumption meter which would be displayed in the living room ... in 2010 there are a dozen models on the market ... : Idea: : Idea:

Otherwise, in 100% electric it would already allow some savings compared to convectors ... and it would be much easier to implement ... it does not already exist?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/12/10, 12:09

The idea is not bad at all, it would not be unpleasant, but to sum up

- thickness problem
- problem with chair legs and heels
- 3-way valve
- watch your feet in the inlet pipes

what else ?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."