Making a home air conditioning (if possible ecological)

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Re: Manufacture of a home air conditioning (if possible eco)

by Christophe » 23/06/19, 18:10

0 x
ocs4
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ocs4 » 10/07/19, 17:36

Hello,
Has anyone already calculated the electrical consumption of a recent standard freezer, in order to answer the following question:

In your opinion, in the hypothesis where a copro would have a collective freezer for four homes, and that we would use the freezer of a recent personal handset to create blocks of ice during the night, windows open, what would be the conso elec?

If and slmt if it is interesting, we could calculate the yield between the electric consumption and the gain of comfort by transporting these blocks in the main room to refresh it in the evening when returning. Same during the day.

We can also consider that we make use of small ventilators recovered in data processing.

The water would be collected in another container.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/07/19, 19:57

The freezing capacity is limited. Making ice is quite energy consuming. The instructions generally give the maximum freezing capacity.

The consumption is calculated from the energy it takes to convert this amount of water into ice x efficiency of the refrigeration unit at outdoor temperature (which, in the event of a heat wave, is lower since the outdoor temperature is higher ).

A "standardized" consumption is of no use to you because it is measured by maintaining a certain standard volume of goods at the nominal temperature (- 18 ° C in general), for a standardized outside temperature as well.
0 x
ocs4
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ocs4 » 10/07/19, 21:38

Did67 wrote:The freezing capacity is limited. Making ice is quite energy consuming. The instructions generally give the maximum freezing capacity.

The consumption is calculated from the energy it takes to convert this amount of water into ice x efficiency of the refrigeration unit at outdoor temperature (which, in the event of a heat wave, is lower since the outdoor temperature is higher ).

A "standardized" consumption is of no use to you because it is measured by maintaining a certain standard volume of goods at the nominal temperature (- 18 ° C in general), for a standardized outside temperature as well.

... Energivorous but how? It would be fairly simple to know. (Could be the object of a nice little exercise for beginners students of the sup, to have an example and to realize that heat pumps are not miraculous machines). There is no expectation of a miracle but out of curiosity ...

that the maximum capacity means. Indeed it is necessary to know the temperature at night, but the weather hour by hour is there for that, the housing is ventilated windows open all night (so hqe, rt2000 or concrete cube it does not matter too much, say that 'we chose the rt2000 and we consider that it is the outside temperature). I meant a conso at night in this way ... Nobody has details on the compressors, regulators, etc. to then establish what a typical fridge would consume, with all this agitation on the forum no one has looked at the performance of recent refrigerator components. Consumer associations must have data. Tap water was not hot in my area, even during the heat wave.

let us suppose the invention of a box whose interior would resemble a trellis making it possible to cut the volume into several loaves of ice to let the air circulate in the freezer, then with the ambient air to circulate between these blocks.

The volume of virtual ice is still substantial.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 10/07/19, 22:18

ocs4 wrote:
... Energivorous but how? It would be fairly simple to know. (Could be the object of a nice little exercise for beginners students of the sup, to have an example and to realize that heat pumps are not miraculous machines). There is no expectation of a miracle but out of curiosity ...

that the maximum capacity means. Indeed it is necessary to know the temperature at night, but the weather hour by hour is there for that, the housing is ventilated windows open all night (so hqe, rt2000 or concrete cube it does not matter too much, say that 'we chose the rt2000 and we consider that it is the outside temperature). I meant a conso at night in this way ... Nobody has details on the compressors, regulators, etc. to then establish what a typical fridge would consume, with all this agitation on the forum no one has looked at the performance of recent refrigerator components. Consumer associations must have data. Tap water was not hot in my area, even during the heat wave.

let us suppose the invention of a box whose interior would resemble a trellis making it possible to cut the volume into several loaves of ice to let the air circulate in the freezer, then with the ambient air to circulate between these blocks.

The volume of virtual ice is still substantial.

As you seem very keen (nice little exercise for beginners ...) and that "with all this commotion on the forum no one has therefore looked at the performance of recent refrigerator components., maybe the best is that you try and give us the results, right?

You make loaves of ice, you put them in a large bowl in a room when you come back, and then you tell us if you felt a difference? Thank you in advance.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/07/19, 08:07

If you want to do calculations:

a) to "cool" the water from its temperature before ice formation, say from 20 ° to 0 °, you calculate with the specific heat capacity of the water which is of the order of 4,2 kJ / kg / K,

b) then you calculate the energy to convert the water into ice at 0 ° or the latent heat of fusion of the ice, or 333 kJ / kg.

c) finally, you add the energy it takes to lower the ice from 0 ° C to - 18 ° C, or its specific thermal capacity is 2 kJ / kg / K.

This will give you the amount of cold that will be released by melting 1 kg (or 1 liter) of ice from - 18 ° C to + 20 ° C.

The electrical consumption of your freezer will be of the order of magnitude of 3 to 4 times less for the best (these are the outputs of good heat pumps). This is the order of magnitude of the "yields" of these machines (difficult to find data on this!).
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 11/07/19, 11:09

The best is to build like this 8)

https://9gag.com/gag/aZLGmY3
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
ocs4
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ocs4 » 12/07/19, 23:49

It’s pretty good these days ...

There were no reviews. It is true the use of the conditional, and without a small punctuation error, would have been more adequate.
I will however make the only remark that you seem to be a pure and hard inventor craftsman, and it is not the craft industry which poses me problem, quite on the contrary ... There is however poetry in the craft industry, but apparently with some it does not laugh.

I would ventilate these loaves - "unblessed" it would seem - and collect the meltwater separately.

There are subjects on non-ecological clims and it provoked more reactions than we could have expected, depending on the rigor as for the productivity of an idea.

It has been a long time since I have used the figures, and I currently do not have teaching aids which I could have helped me to carry out this experience on paper by having what is more info on the current material .

I will conclude by pointing out that my current curiosity is focused, among other things, on the design of an old-style cooler (building) and it is not because it is obsolete (a notion a priori which does not is not perceived in the same way on this forum, and I am the first to rejoice in it) that being interested in it (see wiki) and even succeeding in making one is not without any interest, in particular with the recovery of rainwater for example , to point out again the presence of a somewhat poetic spirit ...
0 x
ocs4
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ocs4 » 13/07/19, 00:26

Did67 wrote:If you want to do calculations:

And of course it is with gratitude that I receive the data which have been communicated to me.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/21, 13:09

3000 years guys ... 3000 years ...

The ecological air conditioning was invented 3.000 years ago

The "bdgirs" or "wind-catching" towers, a Persian method dating back several millennia, could inspire today's architects.

0 x