Making a home air conditioning (if possible ecological)

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
aidiv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by aidiv » 24/07/06, 20:37

hello, regarding the excess humidity, would it not be possible to convert (ie remove the carcass or leave the door open) of a small fridge, the humidity being deposited on a cold surface it would be enough to make it turned 1 hour or two either at the same time or during the day. on the other hand the problem is that to make cold on one side the fridge is also hot on the other so be hacked something like the air conditioner on wheels with a pipe that goes outside. at the consumer level a fridge turns at 100 Wh it seems to me

here I do not know what you thought we can also use a commercial dehumidifier equipped with a peltier, but good at equal power the fridge is better
0 x
aidiv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by aidiv » 24/07/06, 20:41

I think back to simpler on another subject it is subject to silicate gel, which can be obtained at 1 euro per kilo, just put two or three kilo in the room, then the next day we put it in the sun so that it dries up and we start again ...
0 x
pollux
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pollux » 24/07/06, 20:42

Hello,

the problem with a fridge is that it is air conditioning with mechanical compression. low efficiency, rather high electrical consumption (nuclear ...), and the refrigerant used is not really ecological. moreover, he is under pressure. So, if we try to dismantle the "radiator" of the fridge, we let the harmful gas escape and we shoot the fridge ... we must be able to use the fridge compressor as a heat pump, but I don't think the efficiency is awesome...

not bad idea of ​​silica gel ... do you know where we can get it?
and do you know how to make this gel? is it polluting? and are you sure it will release its moisture to the sun? (what temperature must be reached for the water to evaporate?)
it seems to me that we can use this product in adsorption refrigeration machines ...

-Pollux
0 x
criticism is necessary, but the invention is vital because in any invention there is a criticism of the convention ...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 24/07/06, 22:05

This afternoon I did a test with an absorbent paper towel (very solid which replaces the cloth).
Soaked vertically in a bowl of water, it has completely moistened. The water is raised by capillarity of 30cm in 3 hours. Of course it is not violent ... With a fan blowing on it, the water would forget to go up ...

I thought of an absorber disc that would rotate in front of a fan, at 1 revolution / minute (with a crouzet-type motor for gas cooker roasters, for example, but more secure), and dipping down into the bowl. 'water.
Another solution: you can stretch an absorbent device in front of a fan, with a distributor at the top and a collector at the bottom to possibly collect a surplus of non-evaporated water. We feed the top with a garden dripper, adjustable by a small tap.
Also possible, a sprinkler hose that oozes water (micropore).
But my preference goes to a peristaltic pump: a slow rotation motor, actuating 3 rollers on its periphery, which squeeze a silicone (medical) hose, which brings the water drip, adjustable (if the motor is continuous , adjustable).
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 24/07/06, 22:40

Hello gegxy

For a long time most of the humidifiers with oil heating system it is automatically that this process is installed in the ventilation circuit,
it is a simple drum with a water level at the bottom, the drum turns with a small motor slowly and the upper part dries up, the goal is to humidify because in winter the air becomes too dry
here .. It is sold in the trade of sponges to replace on the drum, they must be changed regularly because of the water which contaminates them ..

Andre
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 25/07/06, 09:27

Bonjour à tous

I follow your discussion with great interest, especially for the car ...

concerning the piezo fogger, at the time of PMC-France, I had recovered PDF from Morgan Electro Ceramics explaining everything (it's in English, but despite my level I understood)
In particular that the submerged circular piezo are not the most effective, they are the best adapted "stepped horn" ...

calculation formulas, electrical assemblies, plans, explanations, everything is almost there.

At the time it was available for download on their site.
it appears down now ...

I called them to see if I could buy directly from them ... minimum order 500 € I think ...

I found the pdf, if it interests someone, PM!

I edit to add the diagram of the electrical assembly:
0 x
To do
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by To do » 26/07/06, 00:45

Good evening everyone,
I offer you an inexpensive, effective solution, which refreshes me this evening ...
Misting is certainly very effective in summer: micro droplets (fog) which evaporate before having touched the ground, absorbing a significant amount of energy to change state (from liquid to gaseous). This energy is taken in the form of heat from the ambient air, resulting in real cooling.
The problem is that the systems are heavy, expensive, energy intensive, most of them using high pressure (compressor). Only BRUMAIR offers a low pressure kit with 6 nozzles for € 59. It's good ! There are better, at least, cheaper.
In horticulture, we use misting for fragile plants!
So go to a large gardening area, micro-watering department (eg GARDENA Micro Drip). There you take:
- a crown of 15m (this is the minimum) of 4,5mm pipe (reference 1350)
- a blister of 5 sprinkler-misters (ref. 1371)
- a blister of 5 T-branches for sprinklers (ref. 8332, and there are plugs with)
- don't forget an adapter to connect the 4,5 pipe to the thread of an ordinary tap (garden, washing machine, dishwasher ...)
All for less than 20 €! No tools, a pair of scissors to cut the pipe. Everything fits together and it holds the pressure. I fixed the pipe with jumpers for electric wire, on the window frame: with 2 misters, we cover a large window, one is enough for a normal window. Direct the nozzles outwards because it is not perfect, it drips a bit, it ends up wetting. The effect is remarkable, very amplified if you place a large fan on a stand (on sale everywhere) back to the window: it balances all the freshness inwards, not the humidity.
Of course, it consumes water (10 liters per hour at full speed, i.e. a watering can). While waiting to recover the rainwater, it does not seem catastrophic, less than an air conditioning and so much healthier ... and then put your plants on the edge of the window !!!! ....
0 x
79 ricket
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by 79 ricket » 26/07/06, 18:54

Bonjour à tous
I used gardéna sprinklers, they are filtered M6 with a pitch of 1mm, it works by tapping copper or other pipe, which avoids the purchase of 15m of pipe of 4.5mm
realization of a garden shower (4 sprinklers)
A + ricket
0 x
79 ricket
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by 79 ricket » 26/07/06, 19:18

I put 3 photos in my personal gallery : Lol:
A + ricket 79
0 x
azerty
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by azerty » 26/07/06, 23:03

is it possible to have a version that plugs into usb?
0 x