physical and economic limit (over) insulation? Calculation

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 28/10/12, 19:14

dedeleco wrote:For vacuum, it is necessary to read carefully the German research and achievements and the effect of the size of pores under vacuum on the average free path, before having too fast certainties, on the difficulties of use.

It is the only solution to divide the thickness by 10 in a reliable industrial way.

Agree that the insulators are only air immobilized in pores of 0,5cm at most, therefore very inexpensive.

Vacuuming it could cost as little, for 10 times more insulation.
!!

And it's real, much less imaginary than ITER at 15 billion € !!

YAKAFAUCON. Dédé he likes YAKAFAUCON.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/10/12, 20:04

vacuum is the ideal insulating material! emptiness costs nothing since it is emptiness

I also wonder what a vacuum pump is for ... if the vacuum is nothing what is the point of pumping it

in any case the profitability of vacuum insulation panels is easy to calculate: it is NEVER profitable: it is expensive ... and the service life is low, not guaranteed

I also like the glass bell 3cm thick and 10m in diameter ... it would take 2 one inside the other to create a vacuum between the 2 ... calculate the price of the thing and I will will say in how many centuries or millions of years it will be profitable

the vacuum as insulator is spectacular: the insulation obtained is almost independent of the thickness: 1mm is enough: if we have 1cm of vacuum and that we divide it into 4 by plastic film whatever we divide by 4 the power which passes ... hence the efficiency of a light material by replacing the air bubbles with vacuum ... but leave that to the laboratory: the subject here is the profitability of conventional insulation available on the market

and we come to the problem of scientific training in France currently: we learn a lot of things about materials but everything that is price is taboo, so we can not calculate anything useful

in the old school books from before 1920 there were "commodity" books with not only all the prices of the time, but also the description of trading habits

if we had this kind of thing today we could in education make useful calculations with economic data ... instead of doing exercises without interest
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/10/12, 21:17

All this exact, shows that chatelot16 has not read recent German research on thermal insulation with vacuum in microscopic pores, which allows to have a vacuum not as deep as between two bells, and therefore an interesting price! !!
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 28/10/12, 21:18

chatelot> Yeah. The French have a problem with money: it's taboo. This is tragic because the notion of profitability is very important, including (and especially) for ecology (subject of this forum it seems to me)...

If something is not profitable, it cannot be ecological, since we cannot do it. It is a thought which does not penetrate at all the brains of the "greens" of the corner, who tend more to function with ideology than with realism ...

dede: a link would be appreciated
0 x