Trials, tests and performances of thin thermo-reflective insulators

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
sabetna
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

re

by sabetna » 28/11/14, 21:35

Good evening,
I am an energy professional and I see that the debate is passionate! All the better.
In fact, CSTB and thin insulation manufacturers have to be returned back to back.
Thin insulators are generally effective provided that they are not only well laid as has been said but also that there are sufficient light conditions because it is the UV captives between the different layers that warm the air and create artificially a reduced temperature difference between the inside and the outside. In our latitudes it works but if we had a total black we would have a thermal resistance rigorously equivalent to the sum of the thermal resistances of the different layers that make up the sandwich, resulting in a rather zero resisultat. In the absence of stable conditions, it is therefore difficult to calculate the true value of this thermal resistance. The CSTB, which, as usual, does not take into consideration the environment and the exposure of housing therefore chooses to consider the product as nil! In my opinion, they are wrong and the builders too.
My advice is to consider thin insulation as a good complement to standard insulation.
Also note that as standard insulation, I exclude glass wool which is a real sanitary plague. Choose instead rock wool or better cellulose wadding for your attics because these materials have an interesting thermal inertia to create a beneficial phase shift, especially in summer.
Although I am quite a fan of polyurethane, which is by far the best insulator on the market, avoid it in your attic for the same reason: it has no thermal inertia and is sensitive to UV.
In general, find out about the lambda coefficient of the material used, it is he who rigorously sets the value of the thermal resistance of the component according to its thickness.
A lamdba coefficient greater than 0,05 indicates a rather poor insulation material.
Finally, unlike the CSTB, take into account the environment and basic physical phenomena. A roof, a floor, a wall in the sun, a wall in the wind or a wall in the North are not isolated in the same way.

Ps: Red card for the professional who indicates that the glass wool gives a good inertia, its value is one of the worst of all the materials, among other defects.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/11/14, 21:42

Hello? RED CARDBOARD FOR YOU: Sabetna actually ...

Woof, Woof, it does not go unnoticed as a spam method! ( : Mrgreen: )

https://www.econologie.com/forums/post279575.html#279575

Bein see ... A small repetitive ad replicating in different threads will they follow again perhaps? Or other wire digits that are several years old and absolutely topical?

This is not your first attempt, is it? And you think we do not see you coming!

Unless it is purely and simply a link on YOUR blog, hey ... : Cheesy: nan but
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/11/14, 09:17

... sufficient light conditions, because it is the captive UV between the different layers that warms the air and artificially creates a small temperature difference between the inside and the outside.
:?: :?: :?:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
boutkiller
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re:re

by boutkiller » 29/11/14, 19:52

sabetna wrote:Good evening,
Thin insulators are generally effective provided that they are not only well laid as has been said but also that there are sufficient light conditions because it is the UV captives between the different layers that warm the air and create artificially a reduced temperature difference between the inside and the outside.

Explain to me how UVs happen to pass through the roof ?? Unless you have a glass roof I do not see how it's possible ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/11/14, 21:48

... the glass stops UV ... 8)

My question was: how can UV be "trapped" between layers of insulation?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/11/14, 22:42

sabetna: beautiful example of pataphysics
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 30/11/14, 00:00

Ahmed wrote:... the glass stops UV ... 8)

My question was: how can UV be "trapped" between layers of insulation?

Sabetna may answer:
- Patrick J'UV where I want!

( : Mrgreen: )
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 30/11/14, 20:01

Obamot wrote: [.....
Sabetna may answer:
.....)

Sabetna will certainly not come back.

He posed his advertising dung allegedly working UV, which can only convince an ignoramus in science and gullible.
Last edited by moinsdewatt the 30 / 11 / 14, 20: 03, 1 edited once.
0 x
dani-wel
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

re

by dani-wel » 14/12/14, 12:41

Bonjour,
I would like to leave you a comment to tell you about a project "Actors sustainable Paris" initiated by the City of Paris and launched the 28 last April. This project aims to mobilize and encourage Parisians (individuals, businesses, associations ...) to act in favor of the quality of life and the environment in Paris by becoming Actor of Sustainable Paris.
The objective of the site is to present eco-actions already carried out and the actors who have implemented them in their living or working environment to show feedback. Eco-actions cover many themes such as food, travel, entertainment, work or awareness ...
The entire device is centralized around a website (www.acteursduparisdurable.fr) open to the general public since late April.
There you will find an insulation sheet. This project is intended primarily practical, the challenge is to change the behavior of Parisians by simple and effective actions by showing them easily replicable examples. Since its opening the site counts about 250 actors having taken more than 280 engagements. These commitments directly and indirectly affect more than 6000 people in Paris. We are currently in full deployment phase of the site and we are looking for new players who have led exemplary actions. Do not hesitate to register on the site and to disseminate information to the potential Actors of sustainable Paris that you know.
Sincerely, The Paris Sustainable Actors Team
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 14/12/14, 16:21

Hey Sabetna has changed her name !!! : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."