Insulation insulation filling the voids of a wall?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/11/10, 16:07

Gaffe! It all depends on the humidity ... in an existing partition by filling: there is hardly the possibility of controlling it. It is not as if we could easily put a vapor barrier before ... As we do at the time of construction !!!
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 20/11/10, 16:11

No
as I already said on another post, I made a front wall in
Aerated concrete.

In the bathroom it's been over a year and it does not move, check the humidity meter and without vmc.

And for the moment I am satisfied with the whole, stay at the end of winter to see the total of wood with the new R.
a + claude
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/11/10, 16:18

In another "post", you mainly mean in another "Thread"! If you think the reader is following "on track" Mr Clasou to find out what he wrote elsewhere ...

Besides, I really don't see what the use of aerated concrete would avoid / prohibit using a vapor barrier for insulation? You have to see the context, the orientation of the construction, the local climate, the location, any technical gaps, even cold bridges etc ... All these things that make a construction not like another ...
Cellulose wadding by nature is not rot-proof, even if it is treated.
As with any material, care must be taken depending on the context ...

Finally, I cannot explain to myself that for recent work there was not a weighing of the stakes to design and integrate the insulation during the work. Again that old legend that makes us believe that lightweight concrete "insulates"?

In any event, this is proof of planning made "to the small week". It is also necessary to get rid of the idea that cellular concrete is to be taken into account as an "insulating material" worthy of the name (as one often hears it).
The fact that we have to add insulation is proof of this, as is the fact that it is necessary to confine the air to obtain a better ratio. And this, even if its coef is better than traditional concrete, it is far from sufficient !!!
Last edited by Obamot the 20 / 11 / 10, 16: 26, 1 edited once.
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 20/11/10, 16:25

no no I don't mean that you absolutely have to read what I write, just that I already talked about what I was doing.
So I'm not going to start over.

Besides the bc, it is only at the level of the walls, above it is paneling.
Now the time may give me may be wrong.

Besides question when we see that it projects the wet cellulose wadding on the walls, I guess we can look like that more of cardboard than wadding.
What about humidity management?
a + claude
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/11/10, 16:31

Already answered (I was editing). Should stop saying "no" ex abrupto. Each construction is different. It can't be improvised, that's it!
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 20/11/10, 16:31

Reading your answer, and as you snobby my sons : Mrgreen:

it is me who does my work and my decisions, and who decided to break all what I had done in traditional 10 years ago (placo)
my wall r is now between 3.45 and 4.75 for the walls is around 7.7 for the ceiling.
a + claude
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/11/10, 16:35

Hey, hey *:

clasou wrote:No
as I already said on another post [...]

It is YOU who snubs the reader rather !!! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: ... I was only correcting.

Question of feeling “responsible” when you are a bat engineer and participate in a @ @ thread

*(and proof that no ... since I answered you every time!)
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 20/11/10, 16:49

Shit a snobbish meeting : Shock:

Otherwise, I'm just a tester, I'm interested in things, I test, I change, I modify.

And then I tell myself what a jerk or not bad.
a + claude
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/11/10, 16:53

clasou wrote:snobbard meeting
Otherwise, I'm just a tester, I'm interested in things , I test I change I modify.

And then I tell myself what a jerk or not bad.
a + claude

Inevitably, snobs always need to show that they have more means than the others Image and to prove something to themselves mebon, nothing shows that you are targeted.
However, the rest of the monologue is without me 8)
0 x
Bearpanda
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Bearpanda » 21/11/10, 02:11

Excuse me, but the discussion is getting bogged down ... Isn't there anyone who would like to answer my questions? Cheesy:

I allow myself to resume my last message: 8)
First of all, given the comments on the title, and the interpretation errors it has caused, I am ready to modify this title, but I do not think I will be able to do it myself Confused
Is there a moderator capable of modifying it (or who can explain to me how to do it) by:
"Insulation by insufflation in the air space of an exterior wall".

Now, to return to some of the questions above:
1) The air space is closed at the roof space;
advantage: this should limit exchanges with outside air; drawback: to fill the blade, holes will have to be made every (?) 1m or 1,5m.

2)
Quote:
However, if the air space is immobilized vertically, it is a good insulator on its own.

Part of my questions comes from this: I found in a thermal software that an air knife has a lambda of 0,9, against 0,027 for Polyurethane (PU) and 0,04 for cork or SLS.
So that I would pass the 0,9 wall R to 1,75 with PU (always according to a small grinder found on the Net, if someone has the means to check this result Very Happy)

So, a) does the gain justify the cost (for now I have an estimate of 30 € / m² for cork and 45 for SLS Neutral)?
b) The difference in lambda between cork or SLS (it's almost the same seems it) and PU justify using it? For the moment I have not found anyone offering me this solution.
Has anyone used this solution before?
And what are the risks for the brick wall when the PU expands? (risk of bulging of the wall if the pressure of the expansion is too strong?)
:P

Nice if someone could answer it :P 8)
0 x