Floor insulation room with low ceiling?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
green
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Floor insulation room with low ceiling?

by green » 17/01/11, 19:53

Hello all.
I have a room on crawl space to isolate and as it is not possible to isolate from below the slab, I thought isolate above, which will remove the thermal bridges shot but I have only 1 M 54 floor-to-ceiling when I have to turn the existing screed.
my question is, what can I ask as insulation and how thick knowing that I want to put a floating floor finish.
Can I put the parquet directly on the insulation without casting a chappe?
I thought of extruded ps of 6cm stuck on the slab.
Possibility of putting a ctbs on the insulation and the parquet over?
The walls are insulated with 16 cm high density glass wool and the sub slopes with 26 cm.
Thank you in advance.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 18/01/11, 01:22

I only have 1 M 54 from floor to ceiling

it is a house for dwarves ??? 1 M 54 !!

Unless it is 2M54 ???
0 x
stipe
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stipe » 18/01/11, 09:24

My opinion of amateur:

To isolate without taking thickness, it is a little the impossible equation ...

When you talk about 26 cm insulation on sub-slopes, it's your ceiling?
Is there no way to earn a little on this side the kind switch to 20 cm ceiling and have 5cm ground?

Otherwise, to insulate with so thick can be available, I would look at the end insulation for the roof, those made of a sandwich of aluminum and air bubbles kind:
"Thin thermoreflective insulation Triso Super 9 max Actis"

For the floating floor I do not see any risk to put it directly on your insulation whatever it is, unless there is a risk of flying particles (glass wool for example) in which case it will be necessary to put a waterproof film between the two...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 18/01/11, 09:45

deledeco said:

it is a house for dwarves ??? 1 M 54 !!

I propose to fill the piece of insulation, so it will not even heat it anymore : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
green
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by green » 18/01/11, 12:54

Oops !!!
This is of course 2M54 : Mrgreen:
A 2M54 Soil, there is a floor joist without insulation, that's why I specify the insulation thickness of the sub-slopes that are in the room above ...
You will tell me that + there is insulation and better but with the insulation in place what thickness or what coef it makes sense to put on the ground knowing that for the walls the coef R is 5?
Thank you
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 18/01/11, 15:32

It makes sense to have similar heat losses on all sides of the house.
Now the air of the crawl space (if not top energetically ventilated) is at the ground temperature of 10 at 13 ° C (where are you? Except in the mountains) and therefore with respect to 0 ° C outside, the difference of T on your slab is half the difference of T on your walls which leads to propose a thickness half of the walls as good is 8cm (R = 2,5) with the same thermal flow of cold with 0 ° C outside as for the walls.
Finally, what is the thinnest insulation is a vacuum plastic insulator with pores of less than one micron, with thermal conductivity 3 times lower than the current best current insulators. Thus this vacuum insulation would divide the thickness by 3, 3cm for the same R. It would probably re-pump with a small pump every few years.
The problem is that this product is a published German research result valid but not practically commercialized.
So 6 at 8cm can be logical and good.
0 x
green
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by green » 18/01/11, 20:08

Thank you very much for these explanations, I knew the ratio between the walls and the sub-slopes but not for the grounds.
The house is at 1200m altitude and sometimes there is ice in the crawl space so you need + a 2,5 coef, but how much?
I took a closer look at this hatch to turn and the good surprise is that under the chappe there is another 5 cm and under this chappe, 4 cm of polystirene expensed, so I can charge + insulation.
Is it serious to put ctbs directly on the insulation?
Thank you
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 18/01/11, 20:27

0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 18/01/11, 21:45

Everything changes in the mountains:
The house is at 1200m altitude and sometimes there is ice in the crawl space

So on both sides of the floor globally we go from 0 ° C to 20 ° C, 20 ° C difference, against out to -10 ° C? the walls go from -10 ° C to 20 ° c, ie 30 ° C difference, roughly, and therefore for the same heat flow it takes on the ground about 20 / 30 = 2 / 3 of the thickness for the walls is 2 / 3x16 = 10,6cm which gives with 4 cm of polystyrene in place gives 6,5cm in more about the thickness of the screeds that you remove !!
But you can put a little more if possible, a lower heat flow is always interesting, and I do not know the average T out in winter at home, nor the ratio T crawl on T out in reality, which is a function of its spontaneous ventilation, which you can reduce if there is no condensation and nothing fragile in the crawl space (nothing made of wood) ?????
0 x
green
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by green » 19/01/11, 08:10

Thank you for the aerialcastor link, i'll think about it to limit the rise of T ° higher levels.

dedeleco, outside it can go down to -20 ° and even less .......
there are wooden shelves in the crawl space, and as I'm going to break some of the slab (in another place) to make a wooden structure instead, it's better not to condense it!
So concretely, above the slab, I have 2M63 under ceiling.
Thank you
0 x