Insulation inside a bathroom ceiling (Unilin PIR)

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Insulation inside a bathroom ceiling (Unilin PIR)

by Christophe » 21/12/12, 10:29

As part of this isolation project: https://www.econologie.com/forums/chantier-d ... 12139.html I still have a few m² of eWall PIR unilin insulation: https://www.econologie.com/forums/retour-d-e ... 12146.html in rab, I took the opportunity to isolate my bathroom (the ceiling).

Here are the pictures and some explanations:

a) Original painted plasterboard ceiling, the oblique part is in "direct" contact with the roof slabs. This is the most sensitive part.

b) Installation of panels: I use as slats pieces of PVC paneling from an old building site. They are screwed on the ceiling plasterboard through the insulation with long screws to plasterboard.

The washers are not essential but you must put the screwdriver on minimum torque to not break / burst the PVC slat.

c) The new PVC panel ceiling is nailed and glued on the PVC battens:

d) We feel the end ...

Note: the angle of the ramp is changed because I didn't want to make 2 cuts per slat. In the "empty" part I filled in some offcuts with insulation.

Duration of this project: a little more than 2h only and 30 minutes for the poses of the slats of finishing at the level of 2 oblique fittings (photo to come)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/12/12, 10:59

End of construction: the joints are not PVC, they are MDF slats whose color sticked with the color of the PVC paneling ...

0 x