Class G House Insulation: Energetic Class Change

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
airsp
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Class G House Insulation: Energetic Class Change

by airsp » 11/05/10, 23:40

Hello everybody

To introduce myself, I have just acquired a house near Avignon.
According to the DPE, the house is classified G.

The idea is therefore to improve the energy comfort of this house.

Here is the action plan:
- Roof insulation: 200mm glass wool, € 4 / m2
- Make windows and doors watertight (already double glazed but on existing frames)
- Creation of a French window on the south facade (140x210 or 160x210)
- On the north facade, extension of 30m2 in aerated concrete of 36,25 cm
- External thermal insulation: unfortunately in EPS
- Installation of a wood stove.

With all these modifications, in your opinion, in which class will the house be?

Thank you all,
Roman
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 13/05/10, 21:06

There like that? It's impossible to say anything credible about the future value of your home's ECD.

You can find ECD calculators to get an idea of ​​the new classes in which you are located, but it requires some precision on the surface of the house, the average ceiling height, the performance of the wood boiler and the network that will with...

For DPEs, the government's 3CL method prevails:
- a downloadable excel toolbox: http://www.ebtp.fr/echange/echange.php
- a complete interface: http://promodul.bao-gp.com/
- a more detailed analysis: http://www.citemaison.fr/Comme-un-Therm ... assif.html

However, it will not be worth a real DPE and your work is not satisfactory to me:
- mineral wool insulation not great for my taste but it's because of the gray energy ... for the price / performance, it's still a very good choice.
- exterior EPS insulation! What does this material do? There are plenty of other ways to insulate from the outside ... but hey, it's easy to install ...
0 x
airsp
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by airsp » 14/05/10, 12:12

thanks for your files.

to respond to your comments, in general, i try to optimize the cost / efficiency ratio.

this response is therefore valid for mineral wools but also external insulation.

I am ready to pay an additional cost of 20% but not more.

so yes to insulate by ext VS interior insulation, but when the quotes in wood fibers are at 140eur / m2 and 70 in pse, I choose the pse. I may be wrong, that is why I ask my questions and await your answers.

cdlt
0 x
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 14/05/10, 16:15

Some loose remarks:

1) PSE: its biggest drawback is that it does not allow water vapor to pass through, so if your wall is already vapor vapor tight, why not pse?

2) Why an extension of 30m2 in aerated concrete of 36,25 cm? do it in concrete blocks or bricks and do an ITE on it.

3) In the context of an ITE, it is better to reposition the windows to the exterior nude to avoid the thermal bridge.

4) The creation of a French window on the south facade is certainly for solar gain. Have you thought of a veranda?

5) Roof insulation: 200mm glass wool. Do not hesitate to put more if you can.

Give us the composition of your walls because if you do an ITE it might be interesting (especially in Avignon) to recover inertia inside and therefore to remove any existing insulation.
0 x
To argue.
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 16/05/10, 19:49

I understand the pricing issues. It is true that craftsmen today sometimes have impossible prices for "ecological" solutions ... PSE is really easy to ask, the price often follows.

On the other hand, I am Aumicron on aerated concrete insulation. It is in my opinion a good solution on the Avignon side, but if the question of the price / performance ratio is really essential, it will make an estimate for a "classic" wall: masonry + exterior insulation. If the question of the speed of installation is also present, you have the right choice.
0 x