Energivore house insulation - request advice

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 31/01/11, 19:34

... no but I dream! ^^

dedeleco wrote:moby25 learned, he wrote it and he is right to share it with others.

... sorry, but someone to whom "it is necessary" to repeat over and over again that it is first necessary to clearly identify the causes before dealing with effects, has not yet learned or understood anything! And I don't want to extend the enormities, because there are many ... Like that of persisting in mistakes ...

dedeleco wrote:even BAC + XXL are still having and being ripped off sometimes, like me, because we cannot know everything and the evaluation of the optimum is not always easy !!
... all the more reason to be humble in this area: it is scary when you read from the second post - when we still only have disparate elements, therefore totally insufficient - that someone supports such affirmations ....:
moby25 wrote:You have to indeed start with the roof [...]
... while the photos show that there is already a very basic insulation: we see wood, already not so bad ... then closed boxes in apparently uninhabited attic ... I know many houses of which insulate the walls, which don't even (need) that! It would be necessary to see on the spot ... but by correcting a few points, it is possibly possible that there is not much to do in this attic!
... so affirm what he says - twice repetita - without having taken care to warn about the dew point !!! Without any evaluation of the rest! Either without being informed about which heating system could replace the existing one, without knowing if there is or not a ventilation, if one is in the presence or not of construction with double windows, and especially if there is, or not , any air inlets? Last but not least, without having taken the trouble to assess who we are dealing with, to predict to what extent the wise advice will be understood and above all followed by effect ... All this is absurd ... Otherwise remedies and initiatives can -be worse than evil. However Moby should know something about it, since he has been there! But it's peanut!

... you will excuse me, for once, for not sharing your opinion! The air intakes and cold bridges are the first things to look at after making an overall inventory on site!

===================================

In addition ... as an example, when we allow ourselves to say, dare-dare:
moby25 wrote:We'll have to move the pvc facing (or other) inward so that you can install a fairly thick insulation. The insulation between the rafters will be insufficient in your case. It will be necessary to isolate between failures.

... while one has oneself suffers a catastrophic condensation problem, notably due to cold bridge / s and while these are not yet imperatively identified, that doesn't give a damn! This is why a “heat balance” must be made. It does not cost much and we see immediately where to intervene first: better than a long speech !!! "Identification of the causes", then fixing of the priorities namely "where and how to intervene" ... and not say ex abrupto "it is necessary" start there ... then realize that it was not the right thing to do ... and have a heat balance afterwards ...
Even with experience ... it is difficult to do without it today, it is so sharp because we always discover amazing things! And people - and rightly so - are more and more demanding as to the expected gains ... If today we have such a tool that is the infrared signature ... you really should not hesitate!

moby25 wrote:To insulate "ecological", there are indeed rigid wood wool panels (or semi-rigid) but that may be expensive.
... not a word on cellulose wadding? Cork ... and many other insulators, which must ALL be chosen according to needs and circumstances ... It's really the ponpon!

moby25 wrote:There will therefore be a loss of area (Carrez law) but a huge gain in heating consumption!

... semantic side: confuse "gain" with "reduction"Is huge! : Mrgreen: zero for college!

After ... we can always back up his speech with diagrams stuck on the woueb (without indicating the source ...) to play it "pro" ... it does not prevent such an approach clearly showing heavy deficiencies which means that his reasoning is totally off the mark and devoid of common sense, if not professionalism! It would be laughable, if errors in the building were not as expensive! Especially when he is in the situation of having to rebuild the floors of his pavilion ... ^^

===================================

dedeleco wrote:In addition, its "floor support structure and joists" are only very partially "dirtily soaked in water",
that's not what the photos say! Furthermore, after breaking the wall "to see" (if, if ... ^^), he himself said that the chipboard was completely soaked on the edge at the precise place of the anchoring in the Wall!!!
Hence the fear that the structure will partially collapse (?) By loss of lift resulting from the sliding / detachment of the first concrete block leading the others to collapse! It is not trivial! All the more so because at this precise location, there is already a predictable fracture zone !!!

dedeleco wrote:a very small proportion which is probably due to condensation in the bathroom which seeps into the chipboard, on the photo.
since he did not follow what was said, it proves that he has not learned, that he is not meticulous (you repeated it) and besides y'a- is there a leak in bathroom or not? ... We never knew exactly! No following! Denial! No feedback from the architect ...! Blah-blah! Diagrams stuck here or there, chosen at "p'tit bonheur la chance" and applied out of any context .... finally Dedelco, you have to open your eyes a little! It's called a bracaillon and the least you can do is warn others!
Last edited by Obamot the 31 / 01 / 11, 21: 47, 1 edited once.
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 31/01/11, 21:44

I too hallucinate. How such a heinous being can exist.

Did you have any problems as a child? inferiority complexes? no friends ? Were you excluded from school? Does your boss demean you?

Considering your behavior, I think that you must be very alone in your world, world where each being is in any case inferior, ignorant, even mentally weak.

A world or whatever is going on you will always be right, always the last word, or you alone with the absolute truth.

We are on a forum participative, or everyone is free to post or give their opinion. If you are not happy or if your hobby is to belittle others when you have not been asked (see post above) you can always unsubscribe you will not be missed despite your knowledge.

In addition, I do not even want to notice, but in your post you transform the information given as you wish regarding my home. You say false things. (no need to quote this paragraph and ask to justify me)

You never question yourself? when several people tell you that you are contemptuous?

I would like to know who you really are, but nevertheless I don't want to know you personally, because you don't deserve someone to be interested in you.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 31/01/11, 21:53

So imbued with his person that he doesn't even know the difference between "it suits" et "it is necessary" : Cheesy:

I let you troll ...
Last edited by Obamot the 31 / 01 / 11, 21: 56, 2 edited once.
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 31/01/11, 21:54

Quickly an admin, you have to stop them!

Guys, you had better continue this in private, it completely rotten the basic subject which before your hitting was rather interesting.

Bunch of trollers! :|
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 31/01/11, 22:01

We really hit the bottom.

Yes you are a pro and you have solid knowledge in the field but stop your circus.

We give advice, we are not pros.

You say that I lack professionalism, for someone who is not in the profession, I do not see where the problem is.

Yes, I am sometimes unclear or I lack precision, but ditto, I am not from the field, and I will not go over some answers each time either. You talk about cellulose wadding, yes I know I even insulated my lost roofs with and my ceiling is not moldy ...

Maybe you like to spread out and take a long time for each answer, but not everyone. In addition you quibble for details (it is necessary, it is appropriate), you must not have much interesting to do in your life apart from your job and what forum...

Ditto I don't like "trolling" in public but that's too much. I don't understand how you can still be a member of forum.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 31/01/11, 22:11

... if to give factual examples is to hit rock bottom, personal attacks is koi? Below the bottom? : Mrgreen:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/02/11, 01:29

We are not all the same, more or less rigorous or fussy, so these forums are also useful to those who need help both for lack of knowledge and not rigorous or with vague ideas.

For example at the starting point, MargotM does not have this rigor clearly and it would be useful to help her to have detailed answers on the structure and exact insulation of her house !!!
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 01/02/11, 06:35

Obamot wrote:... if to give factual examples is to hit rock bottom, personal attacks is koi? Below the bottom? : Mrgreen:

It is true that your post is not at all a personal attack in addition in public. (moby = less than nothing with "house will be able").

Amazing ... obamot or the example of human stupidity in all its splendor.

[obamot mode] Moreover you allow yourself to give lessons in SMS language: what and not "koi". It is not credible! you are sorely lacking in professionalism !!!!!
[/ obamot mode]
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 01/02/11, 09:37

: roll:
dedeleco wrote:We are not all the same, more or less rigorous or fussy, so these forums are also useful to those who need help both for lack of knowledge and not rigorous or with vague ideas.

For example at the starting point, MargotM does not have this rigor clearly and it would be useful to help her to have detailed answers on the structure and exact insulation of her house !!!

As usual in isolation, it would be advisable for MargotM to make a more in-depth inventory, (and possibly to do a thermography. In my corner, according to the communes it is free and above all it avoids having quotes which are made by empiricism ... and better calculate the thickness of the insulation). Perhaps photos of the "details" and overall shots of the construction would give a better idea ...

MargotM wrote:After each passage of the craftsmen I am more and more lost.
Thanks for your advices.

Perhaps it would be good to know what these craftspeople proposed and how much they evaluate their work (copy of estimate in .pdf? General conditions?).

Isn't it better to call upon a single company, in order to engage its responsibility “around a result to be achieved”?

By balancing with different craftsmen, we can get the cheapest solution ... but if once the work is done we have humidity problems, or if the insulation is not optimal: everyone can return the ball ...

Whereas if it is only one company that did the work, we only have one respondent! These days, you can also take out legal protection insurance beforehand ... so you are fully covered in the event of a problem! (Disputes that have arisen during the period of insurance policy cover are in principle covered. In any case - whether for the police or the craftsmen - carefully look at the general conditions and the exclusion clauses, if there is there is nothing on the quotes, you have to ask them already to know the conditions of the civil liability of the company, you can never be careful enough in real estate ... => do everything in writing, nothing orally , or written confirmation!)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/11, 10:25

Go take your drops and we'll talk about it in 24 hours ... (send me an MP tomorrow as I will probably forget to unlock!)
0 x