Energivore house insulation - request advice

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 30/01/11, 14:29

(and if you buy the wood, the pellets are of the same order of magnitude of price as the log, reduced to the effective heat unit).

is a very false statement, based on poorly done tests !!
Dry wood has strictly the same calorific value !!! (dried in the summer sun and brought in at night and kept dry like pellets, which finely divided repell moisture even faster, if in humid air like wood)
The price of logs in 1m (10 to 15 cubic meters) is 2 to 3 times lower than that of pellets, and the ratio is almost infinite if we make the effort to recover the free wood and heavy waste thrown everywhere, and which, only with those of my garden are in such quantity that I am obliged to throw like my neighbors (that it is enough to recover and to dry in the sun and to store in closed room, like the pellets to have the same calorific power).

The price difference is that of the work necessary for the preparation, the maximum profits, and also for the pellets the very high amortization of the investments of the pellet machines !!
In addition you are captive of the pellets which follow with a small difference the price of fuel oil or gas !!
Its price is fixed by what customers agree to pay, and therefore with the increasing demand, sawdust which becomes rare, the price of pellets is increasing !!

Beware of peremptory statements and fashions, by all and canvassers and pseudo pro and check, judge, for yourself with precision looking at the price, very variable depending on the supplier.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 31/01/11, 08:39

moby25 wrote:To summarize :

You should know your work budget.

The little things that will cost you almost nothing and bring you something:

- Plug the chimney hole if you are not using it. Indeed there are large losses by natural draw

- Caulk your windows: With gaskets sold at any DIY store. Silicone or acrylic sealant may also be required if air is coming from the building.

Then, more expensive:

- attic insulation
- interior or exterior insulation. If you have it done, it will be in my opinion interior given the price ...

"Already if everything that is mentioned there is done you will already have a huge gain in thermal terms!"

... there arms fall to me! When I think Moby held our legs in multiple sons:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/gain-isola ... 0-210.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/remonte-d- ... t9105.html

... concerning the insulation of his house, after taking initiatives in the most total improvisation (installation of a floor in a bathroom - must do it ... - and forgetting to install a sheet of 'tightness ...) and which led in particular to the catamaran that we know ...:

(support structure of the floor and joists dirty with water ... for a cause that remains to be determined with precision ...) which is after giving us information to the taste account, once the mass was said !!!

So it's really a scandal to allow yourself to give advice when you know absolutely nothing!

What nerve!

The "Little things that are going to cost you almost nothing and bring you something" as he says ... will cost him to redo part of the structure of his house and / or to reinforce the junction floor-walls ... So frankly I would still hesitate to listen to his "advice"!!!!!!!!!
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 31/01/11, 08:55

Moderate

It was not the work done in my house that led to this! It was there before.

There was already a floor in the bathroom.

I just replaced the parquet.

But hey apparently you have to be bac + 10 in to allow yourself to give answers on this forum. The rest are considered crap.

Excuse us for existing obamot.

I think we should be sent to the stake to dare to tell aneries.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 31/01/11, 09:05

Moderate
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 31/01/11, 09:11

Moderate

Someone who dares to belittle others and who feels superior without half measure, who dares to disparage the habitation of the members.

Not everyone is an expert, and everyone makes mistakes.

This is my first real estate purchase and indeed I was tricked on certain points. I at least have the merit of being interested in my home unlike the former owners who did nothing.

Anyway, I'm going to stop because you don't even deserve our attention.

Moderate
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 31/01/11, 09:19

... thank you for this proof of "humility" : Cheesy: to prevent is to cure ^^
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/01/11, 09:47

There is another : roll: : roll: who should apply humility in his messages in the absence of aggressiveness and contempt for others ...

It would only do good to his speech (often interesting) ... : Idea:

Last moderated messages for the "pax forum"...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 31/01/11, 10:41

Huh! I did not insult anyone! : Arrowd: watering the sprinkler with his own quote doesn't count! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/01/11, 10:47

Remodeled I had zapped this passage : Cheesy:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 31/01/11, 13:58

moby25 learned, he wrote it and he is right to share it with others.

In addition, even BAC + XXL are still being tricked and sometimes scammed, like me, because we cannot know everything and the evaluation of the optimum is not always easy !!

In addition its "floor support structure and joists" are only very partially "dirtily soaked in water", a very small proportion which is probably due to the condensation in the bathroom which seeps into the chipboard. , on the picture.
0 x