Attic insulation not suitable for conversion

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 03/02/11, 17:45

The wadding can be placed by manual spreading, so no need for a machine.
On the other hand an R = 5m²K / W with 17cm it is not possible, it is necessary not far from 20cm.
Nothing prevents you from putting it on top of the joists.
http://www.domus-materiaux.fr/doc/article/FT%20TFD%20THERMOFLOC%20DEVERSEMENT%20MARS%202006.pdf
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 03/02/11, 18:24

Regarding the 7% boron in the wadding against its rotting and rodents, boron is a poison:
http://blog.caseo.fr/general/borax-et-s ... interdits/

The maximum dose in Boron earth is of the order of mg / l, ie one millionth !! No 7%. the waters are already polluted.
http://www.lenntech.fr/irrigation/ions- ... gation.htm

Basic glass wool with no unreflected additives is like non-toxic glass, and its essential disadvantage of stinging with fibers larger than 5 microns, but much less than prickly pears, in my personal experience.

The main problem with wood, cellulose and all natural living material is that you have to add products that are harmful to the organisms that feed on them, and therefore dangerous for us and for life.
Over time, it was led to believe that it was possible to solve this problem, which with common sense is insoluble !!
Indeed we do not stop taking products, harmful treatments, such as PCP, etc .., to discover that it is dangerous, therefore who is prohibited after a period of awareness and replaced afterwards by another without end. the latest is boron, which is very old, but which is nonetheless harmful and which will pollute landfills if used in large quantities. !!

The only harmless treatment for wood is to heat it in an inert atmosphere without oxygen, at 200 to 250 ° C, which makes it inedible for insects and fungi, by changing the cellulose.
I don't know about the cotton wool, but it should be the same.
But the problem is the current price.

So beware of fashions that change over time.

Finally the animals roam well in the spicy and inedible glass wool, and the animals and birds will do the same in the borea cotton wool no more edible but not spicy !! !!!!
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 05/02/11, 01:04

SLut between standards and comfort and heating savings you have to choose;).

in addition you forget the settlement you put more pure to compensate;)

then it is not R = 39 at the ceiling it is R = 5 if zero rate and 6 ecopret I cross, like 30 cm and not 20 unless it is gr 30 (lambda 30).

Personally, I recommend a vapor brake break to cover all the joists up to the sandpit and after that you put your insulation;) because I don't think you are controlling the inside;) are you? am I wrong? :)

playing with lots of ioslant is risking making lots of mistakes;)

it's either cotton wool blowing what you want I don't enter into the debate :) , and you take into account the estimated settlement provided by the manufacturer, or else the roof panel and you break in a cross layer to minimize thermal bridges.

see you
0 x