Insulation: hemp concrete or cellulose wadding

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 12/02/12, 20:23

airsp wrote:What do you think of floor heating?

That it is expensive, that it has an inertia, that it requires a boiler except to pass in electric heating (but here I am flatly against), that it is very comfortable.

So in your case it's not suitable at all.

The wood pellet stove is good (be careful not to take too powerful).
There are also gas boilers, even "green".
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 13/02/12, 20:04

Good evening, good morning,

I will first talk about the pellet stove, unlike the wood stove smoke are pushed by the wind that brings the combustion air so as Dedelco say the coonduit can go out on the wall adjacent to the stove without problem , after startup there is more smoke so the condominium should not say anything (a wood stove uses the duct that pulls the smoke so the problem especially seen the standards for the duct (height and overtaking roof etc).

As for the insulation, a stone wall of 50 has an insulation R = 1.2 app is a minimum of insulation against even in a stone wall there are air leaks and it is not not good at all, and very unpleasant when you walk in front.

I stopped my professional activity in the field but I know what I'm talking about I have more than 500M² of coating and very satisfied customers :) .
Hemp lime plaster 6 to 8 cm max per layer of 3cm (not hemp concrete that will make it more than 8 cm and will be much denser than the traditional coating dis a dumpling (have made balls to apply), therefore denser less less insulating area.
On the other hand, a hemp lime plaster is in no way an insulation, it is a thermal corrector.
that is to say that removes the sensation of cold walls and in addition we control the air, the coating acts as a vapor brake.
On the other hand it is necessary to soak the wall for waterlogged before the break so that the water of the plaster is not drunk by the mortar in general which solidarises the stones of masonry, if not fissure and risk of detachment of the coating of the wall.
In your case, however, the coating may be a good solution to the size of the room and if you add a pellet stove, because in addition to maintain a temperature during the day at a good level, you will have in summer a humidity of the room. air that will increase in summer so a better air quality, without counting the fact that the lime is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal :) little more significant, and it's beautiful (this is only my opinion of course).
But I repeat it must not be done anyhow and especially not too tight.

I have also paused some 1000m² at least wool insulation and wood wool and my customers are more than satisfied.
As for the insulation otherwise, a wood wool is very good but an injection of cellulose wadding also and cheaper, it is necessary to ensure that there is a brake steam paused and good manner in order to avoid all the small holes (around the door window etc., the total result depends on it).
a wood frame, a steam brake set with counter battens that will pass the electrical sheaths without drilled the brake steam is injected 50Kg see 55 Kg / m3 and the turn is play.
In the summer too, the wadding and the wood fiber have a good efficiency against the heat that will return.

To conclude:

lime / hemp thermal corrector and air control (I think it's a very good solution) only catch the time to do it and the craftsmen qualify for this job, and especially the drying time that is not necessary accelerated average counted 2 months by breaking down every day and six months for complete drying.

wood wool or cellulose wadding: very good insulator even for the summer, fast, but be cautious when at the break of the steam brake, and in view of the surface opt for 120 mm see 140 mm.

I recall the definition of the need of heating: the heating is the one to COMPENSATE the thermal loss, due to a bad insulation, to the renewal of air (obligatory), to the thermal bridge.
This is the official definition learned in civil engineering and all other training related to the building.
So do not have your vendor get any means of heating.

Balance more have less insulation has heating.

As for plaster, if you put plasterboard it will be necessary to put necks of hooks for plaster earth or lime hemp, conversely if you put gypsum board (fermacell) you do not have a gobeti to do but soaked the plate (which does not fear the water like plaster) so as not to crack the coating that would dehydrate too quickly a liver). A plaster lime has the advantages sité upper ;) .

A plus and good insulation
0 x
airsp
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by airsp » 09/05/12, 22:45

What about capillary rise by the walls?
What are the solutions ?
How to evacuate moisture?

Thank you
0 x