Insert or stove?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 19/01/10, 13:20

Priority to insulation, if not already done. It is the most profitable investment.

Then think of direct solar, that is to say glass openings (isolated of course) to the South.

Then favor low temperature heat diffusion as a heated floor.

On new it is simpler. In our case (house in place and sometimes old) we adapt, but the priority rules remain the same.

A+
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 19/01/10, 19:56

loop wrote:Priority to insulation, if not already done. It is the most profitable investment.

Then think of direct solar, that is to say glass openings (isolated of course) to the South.

Then favor low temperature heat diffusion as a heated floor.

On new it is simpler. In our case (house in place and sometimes old) we adapt, but the priority rules remain the same.

A+

there is already insulation but dated, but I am waiting to see what will give me the energy balance and see for external insulation.
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 19/01/10, 21:37

Hi Dodo,

When you reply to someone right after their message you don't have to quote them (it's even better not to do so)

External insulation:
Many advantages, inertia of the walls, elimination of thermal bridges etc.
It remains to look after the aesthetics of this type of renovation.

A+
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 19/01/10, 21:53

loop wrote:External insulation:
Many advantages, inertia of the walls, elimination of thermal bridges etc.
It remains to look after the aesthetics of this type of renovation.

And it can even be done by yourself, proceeding facade by facade if the house is not too high.

loop wrote:Priority to insulation, if not already done. It is the most profitable investment.

What are you basing yourself on to say that? We saw an example on another thread yesterday which showed that it was wrong in their case ...
0 x
See you soon !
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 19/01/10, 22:08

Hi Bernard,

You will always find an example to contradict a generality.

It is not mine but: the cheapest energy is that which is not spent.

I conclude that before trying to heat a colander at any cost, the colander must be improved.
I do not know the dodo habitation but if it dates a little and if for example its open hearth is not closed when it is not in use, large calorie leaks are to be expected.

The budget to improve your home or to heat it comes from the same portfolio. That's it. After everyone does as he feels.

A+
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 19/01/10, 22:33

loop wrote:It is not mine but: the cheapest energy is that which is not spent.

Absolutely, for example do not heat in the rooms: every time I have been in Germany, this is what I have observed. With good duvets, we sleep better.

loop wrote:I conclude that before trying to heat a colander at any cost, the colander must be improved.
I do not know the dodo habitation but if it dates a little and if for example its open hearth is not closed when it is not in use, large calorie leaks are to be expected.

In general, no: it all depends on the ratio between the price of the improvement and the price of energy.

As for the control of ventilation, there is no photo, both in terms of comfort and energy.

But if the insulation of the walls comes to 18000 € as in another case, it is better to first install a new boiler or a new pellet stove at 90% efficiency, and the savings on the price of pellet and on the yield will pay a little insulation the following year ... or solar thermal to keep the pellets off in summer ... :-)
0 x
See you soon !
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 19/01/10, 22:41

bernardd wrote:
And it can even be done by yourself, proceeding facade by facade if the house is not too high.

ha good and how?

18 is huge even with the tax credit, knowing that the former owner had 000 euros of electric heating it takes 2000 years for depreciation.

in terms of heating I do not know why but I am not attracted to the pelets.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 19/01/10, 22:58

dodo wrote:18 is huge even with the tax credit, knowing that the former owner had 000 euros of electric heating it takes 2000 years for depreciation.

If I gave my opinion, it is because I made the same observation ... And it is not 10 years because you are not going to gain 50%: if you gain 2 to or 30% this wiil be good. And even by winning a hypothetical 50%, it would be more like 18 years ...

Otherwise, for exterior insulation, the principle is to put battens, to fix insulation between the battens, and to cover.

With wooden cladding, you can do it yourself. With a coating, it seems harder ...

And to make a cladding in solar panels in the South; -?
0 x
See you soon !
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 19/01/10, 23:09

yes indeed it makes a superb investment, but I would see well after my energy balance.

Let's say that if I can no longer depend on electricity and divide my consumption it will already be a good start.

the siding is not very sexy : Cheesy:

what is a solar panel cladding never heard of.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 19/01/10, 23:27

dodo wrote:what is a solar panel cladding never heard of.

Some complete integrations of solar panels are simply aluminum profiles which attach the panels ensuring sealing. A bit like veranda profiles, where the glass plates are replaced by solar panels (which are often a sandwich between 2 glass plates).

This gives it seen from the inside, not ugly I think.

Besides, why don't we use conservatory profiles for solar panels: -? Has anyone tried?
0 x
See you soon !