Insert or stove?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 18/01/10, 08:16

this is a hearth, which involves breaking. Only the inserts can slide into the existing chimney (if it is large enough). Those of Turbofonte are quite efficient.

heating water involves having or having installed a circuit of radiators or underfloor heating, and a storage tank must be provided.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 18/01/10, 22:32

well seen I had not even noticed that it was not an insert, does it change anything?

The estimate specifies the installation of a fireplace.

Regarding stoves and fireplaces there is no recuperator of hot air, so how it goes.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 19/01/10, 08:07

an insert slides into the fireplace. the ambient air circuit is fitted with bodywork.
a fireplace is put in place first, the hood is built around. it is she who directs the ambient air around the hearth.
In a stove, the decor directs the ambient air.

so there is always a recovery of hot air.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 19/01/10, 09:12

Philippe Schutt wrote:an insert slides into the fireplace. the ambient air circuit is fitted with bodywork.
a fireplace is put in place first, the hood is built around. it is she who directs the ambient air around the hearth.
In a stove, the decor directs the ambient air.

so there is always a recovery of hot air.

and the decoration of the stove does it allow you to heat rooms for example on the first?

thank you for the difference between the insert and the fireplace, in this case I do not understand why I was offered a fireplace + tubing to insert in my chimney.
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

stove

by tigrou_838 » 19/01/10, 11:10

hello, a stove is never locked up, therefore heating by convection of the air around the stove and by radiation.

you have to think that the whole mass of the stove will heat up.

my stove is a 10kw danskan all in cast steel. and it heats the room of 50m2 where it is, plus the rooms leaving the doors open.

once without paying attention to the draw, I went up to 30degrees in the house (100m2), I even opened the door which goes to the garage to heat the garage (40m2) and the workshop (20m2).

ps: single storey house with no floor, neither below nor above.

tigrou
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 19/01/10, 11:33

loop wrote:Hello

The connection of a boiler insert to the central heating circuit is a little technical and probably a little more expensive than a stove but the result is up to those who have installed one.

the feedbacks here:

http://energies-libres.net/

A+

I went to see the link and I saw that you had an installation of this type, can you give me your opinion on the subject and at the budget level.

knowing that I intend to do this by a pro because I would be unable to do it and that I do not yet have central heating.
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 19/01/10, 12:32

Bonjour,

My installation is not yet functional, but you have comments on other installations that have been running for 2 years.

Provide a budget of 6000 euros for the supply, installation and connection of the insert by a craftsman. For central heating or underfloor heating, it depends on the surface / volume to be heated but it can quickly reach the same amount (?)

The use of a boiler insert is very close to that of a wood / log boiler, except that you load the fireplace as you go along and you have the added pleasure of flames.
This type of heating is still binding, and it cannot necessarily become the main heating.

Phillipe wrote
heating water involves having or having installed a circuit of radiators or underfloor heating, and a storage tank must be provided

Agree with Philippe to say that the buffer tank makes it possible to optimize this type of use and to take advantage of the heat several hours after the fire has gone out.

Attention: This type of insert must not be operated without water circulation!

A+
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 19/01/10, 12:50

loop wrote:Bonjour,

My installation is not yet functional, but you have comments on other installations that have been running for 2 years.

Provide a budget of 6000 euros for the supply, installation and connection of the insert by a craftsman. For central heating or underfloor heating, it depends on the surface / volume to be heated but it can quickly reach the same amount (?)

The use of a boiler insert is very close to that of a wood / log boiler, except that you load the fireplace as you go along and you have the added pleasure of flames.
This type of heating is still binding, and it cannot necessarily become the main heating.

Phillipe wrote
heating water involves having or having installed a circuit of radiators or underfloor heating, and a storage tank must be provided

Agree with Philippe to say that the buffer tank makes it possible to optimize this type of use and to take advantage of the heat several hours after the fire has gone out.

Attention: This type of insert must not be operated without water circulation!

A+

thank you for the info.

why restrictive, I think it should be as restrictive as having a fireplace as the main heater.
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 19/01/10, 13:04

I compare with other heat sources such as electric or fossil fuels (no need to pay for handling)

Pellets are a good intermediary.
There is equipment that connects to central heating or a PC (floor heating).

A+
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 19/01/10, 13:09

loop wrote:I compare with other heat sources such as electric or fossil fuels (no need to pay for handling)

Pellets are a good intermediary.
There is equipment that connects to central heating or a PC (floor heating).

A+

okay,

currently I heat myself electrically and occasionally with my fireplace open so I'm looking for an alternative.
0 x