Info Thermodynamie heat pump

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 03/09/08, 13:44

given the curdles it makes in this corner there, immediately forget the air-to-air or even air-to-water heat pump. The only credible pump would be water-water if you have a river in your land or an accessible water table.
On the other hand, in Auvergne, there must be producers of wood pellets. Ask about this side.
0 x
Click my signature
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/09/08, 14:12

Math wrote:[...] I am in the process of making an estimate for my house to install a heat pump, but I do not understand the difference between air conditioning and heat pump? [...]
The principle is exactly the same and uses a thermodynamic machine which uses the properties of fluids and heat of change of state to transfer calories between inside and outside.

To put it simply: in summer the air conditioning uses the outside air to cool a very hot fluid, the calories evacuated at this time being on another piece of the circuit "pumped" on your indoor air.
In winter, the heat pump uses the outside air to heat a very cold fluid and the calories recovered will be redistributed in your indoor air.

You quickly understand that the colder it is and the less the heat pump works well ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 03/09/08, 15:42

subject start message:
Christophe wrote:It is a beast Air heat pump (not even reversible apparently to make hot ??) which we must be wary.

Below 5 ° C is a disaster in terms of yields .... so when I read guaranteed heating up to -15 ° C it is at the limit of misleading advertising because the COP may fall below 1 (in other words at low temperature a convector beast has a better performance) ...

It all depends on your geographical location.

the materials have evolved (yeah, I know I dug up a corpse :D )
Daikin's Altherma 11KW heat pump still has a COP of 2.76 at -5 ° C but with a loss of useful power of around 30%, it is currently the best material on the market.

A model released in October 2008 from Mitsubishi ensures constant power whatever the outside temperature. but I don't have the COP, ECODAN model yet

Eh bearded, what do you heat yourself up to? :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 03/09/08, 16:37

Eh Captaine, do you know Alphainnotec and Stiebel Eltron in terms of heat pump?
If yes what do you think?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/09/08, 16:40

Capt_Maloche wrote:[...] EH the bearded, what do you heat yourself up to? :D
At the atom, why? :?:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/09/08, 17:04

Capt_Maloche wrote:[...] A model which leaves in October 2008 from Mitsubishi ensures a constant power whatever the T ° ext. but I don't yet have the COP, ECODAN model [..]
Some time ago, we heard rustling on trade fairs noises of future "Japanese heat pumps" with COPs (at + 7 ° C) of more than 7 ...

You who seem to know (warf!) That speaks to you?
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 03/09/08, 19:53

yes, these are the CO2 heat pumps

I saw a prototype at the last show, but no figures
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 03/09/08, 20:16

bham wrote:Eh Captaine, do you know Alphainnotec and Stiebel Eltron in terms of heat pump?
If yes what do you think?

Alpha innotec is german, i haven't seen any models installed
these Pacs can heat up to 65 ° C but there are no yield corbs at these T °

STIEBEL ELTRON
Allows domestic hot water production up to + 60 ° C maximum, even when the outside temperature is -20 ° C.

but still without performance data
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/09/08, 22:30

Capt_Maloche wrote:yes, these are the CO2 heat pumps

I saw a prototype at the last show, but no figures
Like? : Shock:

I did not think that the CAP with CO2 allowed gains of COP ...
I thought it was fair to meet future standards that will ban current fluids that have a monstrous GWP ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 04/09/08, 11:07

This is because the compression ratio to condense it is lower than existing refrigerants
CO2, refrigerant
In an installation with CO2 as the coolant, it circulates by pump and supplies users who consume cold. This technology offers many advantages:

- Hygiene and safety guaranteed: CO2 is a non-toxic, non-flammable fluid, and of food quality: also, its contact with food products does not make them unfit for consumption.

- Reduced installation costs of the coolant distribution network compared to a traditional system: due to its thermo-physical and thermodynamic properties the required flow conveyed is lower, and the diameter of the pipes is lower. (from - 50 to -300% depending on the pipes).

- Reduction of operating costs: the viscosity of CO2 is lower than other refrigerants, such as glycol water, so the circulation pump is smaller and energy consumption reduced.

- Stability of the temperature of the product or room to be cooled and reduction of energy consumption: the CO2 evaporates at constant temperature and makes it possible to obtain stability in the temperature reached at the various user points. In addition, the refrigeration unit which liquefies the CO2 will operate on a lower compression rate, making it possible to significantly reduce the electrical power installed and consumed.

Cool products or a room to -50 ° C: with CO2, it's possible!
Due to its triple point of -54.5 ° C, CO2 can cool products or the air of an industrial premises down to -50 ° C.

For a guaranteed sustainability of your refrigeration installation: the so-called “transcritical” systems use CO2 as the only refrigerant.

This innovative technology developed, among other things, for the needs of the automotive sector, is particularly suitable for distribution refrigeration installations (shops, supermarkets).
Last edited by Capt_Maloche the 04 / 09 / 08, 11: 26, 1 edited once.
0 x