Thermal inertia and comfort? Isolated interior wall with ITE?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Thermal inertia and comfort? Isolated interior wall with ITE?

by dodo » 15/11/12, 11:10

Hello,

We are going to redevelop our first floor and we intend to do an ITE as well.

We hesitate to keep the ITIL of 7cm of lv + 7cm of plaster tile full where to remove it, from what I could read it would be better to leave the brick of 25cm bare to take advantage of the inertia.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/12, 11:18

Delicate question ... it is often said that there is never too much insulation ... even if it is a false question return on economic investment!

In your place I would leave the ITI first to see the comfort (which can only improve) ...

Thermal inertia can be provided by elements other than walls: floors, cross walls and even furniture!

And then 7cm of plaster is already not nothing inertia level ...
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 15/11/12, 13:26

Christophe wrote:it is often said that there is never too much insulation ... even if it is a false question return on econological investment!

that is to say ?

however I have always heard that combining an ITE with an ITIL is not recommended.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 15/11/12, 14:37

according to

http://www.ideesmaison.com/Calculettes/ ... -murs.html

cellular brick at a kg / m3 mass of 850 against 900 for the plaster tile.
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 19/11/12, 07:55

in case I remove this famous is what it is better to plaster or use a facing in BA13.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/11/12, 10:51

dodo wrote:however I have always heard that combining an ITE with an ITIL is not recommended.

Always heard where? By who?

If it is done well there is no reason not to combine the 2 ... it even has a name it is distributed insulation

At home, house in cellular concrete ytong, I improved the insulation on different point and thermal bridge ... all from the inside. No problem with that ... if the materials and the installation method are good.

I am insulating my cellar from the inside (wall not in ytong there, local stone and calcium sillicate), I would make a subject of monitoring the site quickly! Expected R: close to 5! :)
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 19/11/12, 13:48

some craftsmen recommend making double the insulation outdoors and others recommend 2/3.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/11/12, 14:12

Here are some craftsmen ...generally the argument of a craftsman is based on what he can do best and as quickly as possible ... An ITI generally requires more work per m² than an ITE ... (preparation of the existing wall, electricity, possible piping, finishing ...) ...

A few months ago I wrote a small ITE / ITI comparison: https://www.econologie.com/comparaison-d ... -4417.html et https://www.econologie.com/forums/comparatif ... 11891.html

It is econologically not very interesting to delete an existing ITI ... except obviously if it if it is in bad condition ...

On the other hand, in the event of an improvement in the ITI, the wall must be in good condition ... on my current site, I detected and suppressed infiltration of outside air ... probably a defect in masonry...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Thermal inertia and comfort? Insulated interior wall with I

by Obamot » 19/11/12, 15:13

dodo wrote:Hello,

We are going to redevelop our first floor and we intend to do an ITE as well.

We hesitate to keep the ITIL of 7cm of lv + 7cm of plaster tile full where to remove it, from what I could read it would be better to leave the brick of 25cm bare to take advantage of the inertia.

All this is very difficult to say, without photos, without knowing what type of walls it is exactly (only brick?). Nor without knowing whether it is a poured slab or a beamed floor ...

If you do a perfect ITE, avoiding all the worries of capillary rise and the like, it would be better in some cases to excavate to the foundations and sanitize, apply tar against the foundation wall and protect it with a coating of the DELTA- type. MS (or something) .... We can indeed fear that a wall (depending on the type) could "rot" if it is not ventilated.

If there are poured concrete slabs, then the thermal inertia of comfort could be achieved by these slabs.

I made a thread on a house that was "passivated", it is clear that there are precautions to take ...
https://www.econologie.com/forums/premiere-r ... 12123.html

How to take care of the junction of the ITE with that of the roof as much as that towards the foundations! It is not just a question of doing an ITE on a small week while praying for it to work, but of complete renovation. Otherwise, we are not immune to major concerns. For example, new double glazing must be placed at the same time as the ITE (if the house does not already have one).
0 x
dodo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by dodo » 19/11/12, 15:31

it's not just the artisans who told me to be careful with the ITE and itil.

our itil is composed of 7cm of LV + 7cm of plaster tile.

we will indeed change our joinery but we hesitate to ask for triple glazing.

we are just asking whether we should favor a wider frame for the return of the polytruc or have the windows laid outside naked.
0 x